Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The tuning issues need a fix - and communication from Korg!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickZoll

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since octa is not going to get overbridge I so do not follow the story. What is wrong with that? Doesn’t it not work or they have not released it yet? And the rytm does it have midi channels with p-locks like octa? I am not familiar with any other elektron gear. Probably because I have octatrack, 8 midi tracks allow me to control up to 10 parameters of any synth and with midi learn it is very easy.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overbridge is still in Elektron company beta stage, nearly a year after heavily advertising it to be available in February 2018, as integral part of their new product line. Talking of crap company behavior:

If someone had told me some years ago, that the present Korg management would completely drop the ball, showing ZERO concern or responsibility towards paying customers, who bought what Korg regard as their analog flagship synth, I would have denied the possibility in pure disbelief.

Meanwhile they are completely beyond the point of any customer credibility left. No matter what they do from here, they have completely wrecked their reputation for years to come. Everyone knows from now on, that they won't hesitate to

- sell halfbaked crap, skipping all necessary quality control in an unbelievable way
- completely play down the following massive issues, with a whole product line, as minor problems being rare exceptions for single customers
- leave all clarification efforts to the customers concerned, one by one, and to service departments of resellers, massively wasting reseller time and money
- deny ANY official word or statement, for many months to come, not giving customers any clue or hope for a fix on their central product internet pages
- go on selling their faulty devices, as if they never heard of the massive issues, despite very well knowing about them, for many months to come, and to many customers
- not care one bit about fast devaluation of sold devices for the customers concerned, who get problems getting rid of the crap gear without heavy financial losses
- finally promise a fix on some backyard reddit page, by the end of the year: not announced by one of the responsible managers in Japan, but by some other company staff
- keep up the waiting game, even after 9 months of selling a not seriously useable and reliable product line

I meanwhile DO regard this case as not excuseable breach of European legal company rules: perhaps European institutions, just like the consumer central in Germany, should be informed about Korg's company behavior by now.

And while the promised fix is still not available (we meanwhile have the last month of 2018), even that can't concern me too much for the moment any more: My third Korg Prologue buying effort is in repair again, after not even reaching two months of use, with an ADDITIONAL reliability problem, beyond the well known issues, while we are all waiting for a fix of the main problems.

To me personally, many years of relying on Korg and well done Korg gear have become history by now, no matter what they will do next. Korg Japan seem to have no further will or clue whatsoever, how to run proper business in any responsible way. How can managers, showing ZERO respect for their custumers and their hard earned money, expect any bit of respect left for themselves, and the way they run the renowned Korg company?

The present Korg Japan management has developed into a shame for the Korg founders Tsutomu Katoh and Tadashi Osanai!
Paul Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Firmware Fix This Week Reply with quote

Just been on the phone to Korg UK who assure me that the fix has come out of beta and is ready for release and should be with us this week.

Everythings crossed...
NickZoll

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great!
rgarner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching this board like a hawk. This is great news. I'd love to finally record something with a sawtooth on it that isn't in a key that strives to avoid EFF#
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgarner wrote:
I've been watching this board like a hawk...

Having to do this, 8-9 months after the heavy issue was well known, is in itself massive Korg blame:
- instead of showing any responsibility for an unbelievably sloppy, massive quality issue, concerning Prologue buyers in a way making the synth more or less worthless, and instead of monitoring a (MUCH quicker required!) fix, with regular news updates for buyers on the Korg homepage, they seriously have us check Korg forums or some backyard Reddit pages for news from private user phone calls or the like! Rolling Eyes Pathetic!

So even when the patch comes, I would feel anything but thankful, after this months long mess of incredibly low spirit Korg company behavior, which I would never have expected from the same company I bought my Kronos and other gear from. Trusted Korg times are gone and nothing but a nice memory for me by now.
NickZoll

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is some unofficial information that the update will be released tomorrow with some extras
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The software update has finally been released, including tuning stability fix, and other improvements.

https://www.korg.com/us/news/2018/121402/

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/778/

rgarner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great news. On a train home; can't wait to try it. Totally sympathise with Mr. Knopf here though. I can't disagree with any of what you've said.
Paul Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEAH about bloody time.... FANTASTIC

https://www.korg.com/uk/news/2018/121402/
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ?

"Total estimated warmup time now around 5-10 minutes."

Is that acceptable for a high price synth ?

Or is that time a deal breaker ?

Curious what owners think
NickZoll

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is totally acceptable for a vco synth.
In fact I have installed the update no tuning issue anymore also i must say 10 min is their estimate I believe cause I tried no warming period and the synth was absolutely in tune
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warming up on analog oscs can last 20-30 minutes, so that's a good value.

I'm terribly relieved, that after all these months of unacceptable Korg silence at least the fix resolöves the issue: that means that the synth I bought might actually used for what I bought it in the first place, and doesn't continue to be more or less unuseable MUCH too long, since buying the first one.

I can't test the OS update, because my third Prologue buying effort is in guarantee repair right now, with one more issue, concerning the modwheel not returning to zero values.
NickZoll

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you’ll get your prologue fixed soon and this unpleasant journey will be finished so you can take advantage of what you’ve paid for
rgarner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Jim, I hope this quickly becomes a bad memory for you, replaced by the memory of a slew of awesome music you create with your '16 Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: