Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Organ Crescendo?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skress

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Organ Crescendo? Reply with quote

I have a Roland VK-8 that I'm very fond of, but switching over to a new Kronos. One feature that I haven't been able to find/recreate is the VK-8s Crescendo. Using an expression pedal, I can bring out all of the drawbars at once. When the pedal is fully depressed, it also kicks the rotary to fast. Decreasing the pedal returns the rotary to slow and eventually returns all the drawbars back to their original setting.

I don't care as much about the rotary speed aspect of this, but I do often use the crescendo while playing with two hands. This is NOT the same as the Expression on the Kronos, since that doesn't do much more than increase the volume.

Is anyone aware of away to duplicate this kind of feature on a Kronos2?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.

Any chance of a link to the sound made by the Crescendo effect on the VK-8?
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can run two instances of CX-3 in a combination. Set one for your base sound, like the first 4 drawbars. Set the second instance for the additional drawbars and have it also set to be "under expression". As you increase the expression the higher drawbars will come in.

In fact, there are 16 slots in a combi so you could have a separate drawbar in each slot set to their own volume level. The expression will raise and lower the levels while their relationship to each other will be preserved by their volume setting. The EXP PED can be assigned to any or all slots.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
Xenophile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't this something you could do with Karma? Map all the drawbars to the pedal? That would be much more efficient than a massive combi.
skress

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geoelectro wrote:
You can run two instances of CX-3 in a combination. Set one for your base sound, like the first 4 drawbars. Set the second instance for the additional drawbars and have it also set to be "under expression". As you increase the expression the higher drawbars will come in.

Geo - Actually, based on this I simply used to CX-3 instances on a single Program, one with the drawbars in the low state, and another with all drawbars fully out. With the foot pedal set to "Expression" under global, I couldn't get it to solely affect the Ex2 instance, but when I switched it to "Foot Pedal", it works perfectly. With the pedal down, I get just the Ex1 sound. With the pedal fully depressed, it bends in all the drawbars at full. Might play with other iterations with a Combi at a later date, but for now, this suits my needs. Thanks for the suggestion!

Voip - Thanks! I assume you wanted to hear it so you could suggest how to mimic? I put that one away for the time being, but can set it up and record the effect if you're otherwise interested.

Xenophile - I might look into that idea at a future date, but for now I'm avoiding the Karma rabbit hole. So much more to learn about the Kronos!

Thanks again, all!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: