Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did Korg ever release expansion sound libraries for Kross 2?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moontom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Did Korg ever release expansion sound libraries for Kross 2? Reply with quote

I saw a video featuring an SD card from Sweetwater, but obv one has to buy from them.....the marketing said something about expansion libraries and I'm curious if anyone has found/used them. thanks
castorex

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good question !
One year to have a firmware that can use the expansion RAM (and corrects some bugs)... and no sign of official (or unofficial) sample bank.

Has someone tested the EXP-USB-PCM expansion sample bank for M3: the Kross documentation shows a picture with this kind of listed as examples: https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/1/140/
castorex

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one has tested the EXp-USB expansion file for the M3 in the Kross ?
As I said a screenshot in the manual shows this kind of file in the page related to sample bank loading... so even if the PCG file for M3 is impossible to load, maybe the EXP-USB sample files are compatible (the KEP file is the official formal for EXP bank).

But maybe the sample in these EXP bank are yet in the Kross (the 15MB stereo piano is certainly similar to kross piano sample).

To test...
castorex

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No feedback... so I suppose that no one is interested by expansion sample libraries, or no one owns a Kross 2 Laughing
The only risk is a message like "Wrong File format"...
lidserter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i was wondering this! When would they'll be available... I sampled in the kross itself some of my sample libraries choirs and made a drumkit with them ( was the only way i got interpolation of the missing samples) so, i had a very nice sounding choir in a drumkit ... And those samples are pcm loaded on the expansion ex... So its possible.
Cheers,
JJ
castorex

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody has read my previous messages where I have given a link to Expansion files for another machine, but with the same name and format: TO TEST if these kind of files can work with Kross 2, three or four expansion sample files... no PCG files to have preset, but EXP PCM files are a begining.

Rolling Eyes
lidserter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tested that. Not working. I can see the .KEP file on the media file tab, but when hit 'load selected' an error message appears 'File Unavailable'
castorex

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Thank you.
So KEP file for Kross 2 are required... I don't think we'll see these expansions one day.
Or perhaps when the Krome 2 will appear in some weeks (NAMM) => Korg has stopped Krome 73 & 88 (no more production, no stock... some reliable dealers in France have informed their clients)
Be sure that the future "Krome 2" will provide a not so tiny memory expansion (perhaps 256Mo... be crazy !!!Laughing ) with a lot of expensive expansions!
decreebass

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this thread, so I'll pile on here;

I was wondering the same thing. Someone in the Kross group on FB posted a link to download expansion libraries from Korg's website. I did, and loaded them onto the SD card successfully. However, when I go into the Kross 2's menu to "load" them into memory, the PGM names in the USER bank do not match the accompanying PDF that lists what the hundreds of new patches should be. Furthermore, no matter which of the 4 files I load, it no longer changes the USER slots that have been altered after I loaded the first one, even though it goes through the process of loading them and confirms that it was successful.

The only thing I can think of is that these files are not meant for the Kross 2; and there simply aren't any expansion sounds for the Kross 2 that actually work.

Thoughts?
decreebass

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also forgot to mention that the sounds loaded into the USER slot were just 256 various patches; I don't think they were actually even anything new that wasn't already on the Kross 2 to start out with (other than maybe their location, as the USER bank was previously all INIT patches). The download was from like 2011, so I questioned if it was even legit new stuff, and if it had already been included in the Kross 2's baseline sounds, but it was on the official website, so I got 'em.

Oh well. Not a huge deal other than I had to rebuild some COMBI's that got copied over.

In any case, why even have the capability and advertise the expandability if they're never going to release expansion sounds?

This board is fun, but I gotta say - the lack of support and community for it has me seriously wishing I'd gone a different direction. No one knows anything about it; there's virtually zero info available... It's like a ghost machine that was spit out and forgotten about. Ugh.
moontom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: sadly Reply with quote

you are very right decreebass
lidserter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a feeling that we'll have some news on this on namm 1/22...
Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
moontom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject: weird Reply with quote

I think it's weird that Korg is selling the tricked out color versions of Kross but not saying anything about the expansion stuff that was promised in the initial launch of the board.

seems almost antagonistic to those who jumped at Kross 2 during the first year-plus it was on sale.
moontom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject: even more insult Reply with quote

ok Korg, here's where you really lost me on Kross 2: the special color editions (SE) are carrying addiitonal multisamples and other content!

WTF?

basically this suggests that everyone who purchased Kross 2 a year ago is a bit of a chump for trusting Korg.

first b/c the company said to expect "expansion content" after the release of Kross 2....it's been 18 months and no sign of anything!

second b/c now the company is selling expanded versions of the same board for the same price. (while still promising the expansion stuff!)

MAKE THIS RIGHT, KORG: release the Kross SE content for all Kross 2 customers! Pronto!
lidserter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope so. I expect them to release proper libraries also.
Who knows?
JJ
Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: