Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Original Kronos X program/combi list

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aellison62

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Original Kronos X program/combi list Reply with quote

Where can I find a list of the original programs and combis for the Kronos X ?

I see the K2 list on the Korg website but I need the Kronos X.

Also, can someone send me the 15 program PCG for K2 please?

Thanks very much !!
pete.m

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Is this what you are looking for? It is the voice name list for the original Kronos. As far as I can remember, the Kronos X gave extra banks and SSD capacity but not extra sounds. It was a while ago, though, so I may be wrong...

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/0/424/2014/
Sweat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRONOS X/Voice Name List
https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/0/79/2386/

I'm guessing you are also asking about the 15 factory program banks. These are located on your Kronos SSD/ factory folder/Preload.PCG
aellison62

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pete.m, if this is the same as Kronos X then yes, this is what I am looking for, thanks !
aellison62

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks also, Sweat, this Kronos X list looks more like what I need.

The 15 program bank I am asking about is the new Kronos 2 preload. I have the Kronos X and purchased the EXs17 & 18 & KRS007 upgrade to bring my X up to date with the Kronos 2 but the programs and combis are of course in a different order compared to Kronos 2 preload. My thought was to download the Kronos 2 complete preload PCG and make my X have the same program/combi order as the Kronos 2.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not for this case ... wrong post !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
matro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aellison62 wrote:
Thanks also, Sweat, this Kronos X list looks more like what I need.

The 15 program bank I am asking about is the new Kronos 2 preload. I have the Kronos X and purchased the EXs17 & 18 & KRS007 upgrade to bring my X up to date with the Kronos 2 but the programs and combis are of course in a different order compared to Kronos 2 preload. My thought was to download the Kronos 2 complete preload PCG and make my X have the same program/combi order as the Kronos 2.

I have done just that to my Original Kronos. The Kronos 2 preload is not available for download anywhere. It comes with the 3 DVDs provided by K2.
Ask a K2 user for it. The biggest difference are the Combis, you have all the programs by installing KRS07 and the EXs17/EXs18.
Another option is to use PCG tools Program Reference changer. That works for Combis, but not for drum tracks.
brendanh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go

Here's a Kronos 2 preload file that I came across on the internet somewhere.
You'll find though, that there's additional patches loaded in the User Banks. If you don't want them you might have to delete them individually.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VaNmr2QnkDf5q12JNZ-cUgW_kuMnHLP-
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos Preload.PCG is always contained in any Kronos SSD/FACTORY folder among all factory EXs PCG / KSC !
This uploaded ALL.PCG is not K2 PCG , post author can pm me his email to send him a genuine copy of "Kronos2 F.PRELOAD.PCG"

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Rod S

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Folks,

Bumping an older thread. I have a Kronos X and I'm looking for a Kronos 2 (I think) bank.

The file posted in google drives is not the K2 (AFAIK) file from what I browsed in the banks.

I'm looking for the INIT A and INT B banks that show in the last Voice name List (KRONOS_VNL_EFGSJ4.pdf). They are the ones that have a lot of patches named after the song title. This is the first patch in each bank for reference.

Bank INT-A [EXi] Berlin Grand SW2 U.C.
Bank INT-B [HD-1] De La Salsa Brass EXs18

I couldn`t find the banks in the All.PCG file posted above.

I have a Kronos X, my default patch bank list is as listed on version 2 of the same file. (KRONOS_VNL_EFGSJ2.pdf)

Are these available anywhere (free or purchased)?

Thanks in advance.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The New Kronos Sound Pack, purchasable from the Korg shop, adds the Kronos 2 sounds to the Kronos and Kronos X:

https://shop.korg.com/kronossoundlibraries

The web page takes an absolute age to load (2mins?) and downloads ~100MB of data in the process. There may be a Black Friday sale price reduction.
Rod S

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

I saw a thread at another forum also pointing to this site, but saying the pack was 'KRS 07" which is not on the list, but now I see it's the first one of the page. Embarassed

$ 249.. ouch.
rpowell01

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay let me get this straight. I have a Kronos X and updated to the latest 3.1.2. If I purchase the:

KORG EXs - Expansion Sample Series
・EXs17 SGX-2 Berlin D Piano
・EXs18 KORG EXs Collections
KORG KRS - Professional Sound Series
・KRS-07 Sound Pack 3.0

My Kronos X will be updated to the same patches/sounds as Kronos 2? Just curious did the Kronos 2 users have to purchase these sound packs or did their board come with it? I am asking this question because I paid the same exact price for my Kronos X brand new that a Kronos 2 user paid for theirs so why do WE Kronos and Kronos X users have to buy expansions which means we will be paying MORE than a Kronos 2 user? Understand my point?

Korg is making my mouth taste really bad. I use to buy from KAPro but since the update stunt they did has put a bad taste in my mouth and I haven't bought anything since then. I am still stirring my mind to sell and move to another board other than Kronos.

So if somebody can answer my question about the Sound Pack purchase please respond because I may stay with Korg, I just do not know just yet. I've had my Kronos X for 5 years and played a lot in church but I stepped away 2 years ago to deal with medical issues. Now that I am hearing my calling once again I am stunned to see the direction Korg went and left many users not happy...
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpowell01 wrote:
My Kronos X will be updated to the same patches/sounds as Kronos 2?

Yep. And K2 owners didn't pay for the upgrade because the recent machines come with it.

My older car didn't come with all the extra electronic things found in my newer one of the same brand and model. Most manufacturers do this, so not only Korg for digital instruments - it's the same with cars, appliances, etc.
rpowell01

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
rpowell01 wrote:
My Kronos X will be updated to the same patches/sounds as Kronos 2?

Yep. And K2 owners didn't pay for the upgrade because the recent machines come with it.

My older car didn't come with all the extra electronic things found in my newer one of the same brand and model. Most manufacturers do this, so not only Korg for digital instruments - it's the same with cars, appliances, etc.

Comparing cars to keyboards is a huge different ball game. Think about it this way, how many patches/sounds that is in the Kronos 2 that is in the Kronos 1 and X. I bet ALL of them are on that board. So people really just sold off their 1 and X boards just to pay once again 4k for hardware that really wasn't much of an upgrade. Korg should have given better pricing because not everybody can pay that much for what they are asking. Not everybody plays to make money some of us play in churches on our own....

Anyway I appreciate the reply but I think I am moving on to another board or company or just with Soft Synths. Heck I already have just about all of REFX stuff and Omnisphere 2 so I guess I may as well just stick to that and quit worrying about what Korg and these other companies release.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: