Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A way to see parameter value of knob before adjusting it?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Automation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: A way to see parameter value of knob before adjusting it? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Love my Prologue but I am still trying to get the hang of it. On my old MS2000B there is a red light next to the menu screen that is displayed when the parameter you are adjusting is in its original position.

Basically, if you make some changes to a patch you can still turn the knobs (whatever parameters/knobs you changed/adjusted) back to exactly where they were beforehand, back to your original sound...this is very handy!!

Is there a way on the Prologue to do something similar??

I can see the parameter amount in the display when I am adjusting knobs but those values represent where the knobs on the Prologue are at present, not where the actual programmed patches' values were when the sound/patch was created.

For recording purposes this would be really good to have.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Grokaknock

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured out a way but it isn't perfect by a long shot.

1. Set the display to show "All" (Global 7)

2. Set the knob mode to "Catch" (Global 3)

Now when you tweak a knob the display won't show anything until you cross the original saved value. Gotta pay attention. Doesn't work to well with switches for obvious reasons.
HW: Model D (Original) <> Prologue 16 <> OB-6 <> Prophet REV 2 <> Minitaur <> Sub37 <> Slim Phatty <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Korg Triton Le <> Korg synths I have owned: Poly 800 - Poly 800 MKII - M1 - Z1 (miss this one)

SW: Nuendo and too many soft synths to mention.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: