Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How does this split work?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevewahl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: How does this split work? Reply with quote

In the Rule The World patch on kronos 2, a HD-1 patch with two oscs each with two multisamples, it seems each osc plays one sample below the split point and the other above, and somehow the keyboard tracking is involved because that seems to set the split point. But what connects the keyboard tracking to the multisample selection? I’ve looked, and read manuals but still don’t get it.
stevewahl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to answer my own question (since I really hate finding questions without answers when I search the internet): I was mistaken. I believe all four multisamples (two from each oscillator) are playing for each key played.

The common keyboard trackers are set up to create mod sources based on the note number that do a hard switch at the split point. These mod sources are used to radically change parameters on various HD-1 pages, such as filter envelope times and levels, creating different sounds above and below the split point without changing what multisamples are used in the oscillators.

In some ways this seems very inventive; I know I wouldn't have thought it was possible until I saw it with my own eyes. I'm glad I didn't give up trying to figure out how it was done.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you found the answer. The cool (and simultaneously frustrating) thing about the depth of programming possibilities on the Kronos is just how many ways there are to achieve similar things.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
stevewahl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would so much love a function that let you select an AMS source and it presents you with a list of destinations where it's used!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: