Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arp for "You Better, You Bet"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zippydog

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Arp for "You Better, You Bet" Reply with quote

I'm a noob with arps on the Kronos.
I've learned how to apply and save them, but lost in either finding, editing or creating the one I need. I've searched here and watched a couple videos, but still need some help.

Looking to create the intro. arp. from The Who's "You Better, You Bet". Through sheer trial and error, I found one arp that almost worked, but started at the bottom/root of the pattern (C). I imagine I could change the arp to start at the top somehow (G) but I can't seem to figure out how.

Alternatively, there is probably a pattern that wouldn't require editing, but I have no idea how best to find it.

Suggestions or tips gratefully received!
NETWORK1
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

removed

Last edited by NETWORK1 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: Arp for "You Better, You Bet" Reply with quote

Zippydog wrote:
I'm a noob with arps on the Kronos.
I've learned how to apply and save them, but lost in either finding, editing or creating the one I need. I've searched here and watched a couple videos, but still need some help.

Looking to create the intro. arp. from The Who's "You Better, You Bet". Through sheer trial and error, I found one arp that almost worked, but started at the bottom/root of the pattern (C). I imagine I could change the arp to start at the top somehow (G) but I can't seem to figure out how.

Alternatively, there is probably a pattern that wouldn't require editing, but I have no idea how best to find it.

Suggestions or tips gratefully received!

What is the arp (GE) that "almost" worked? You can usually change the direction....

Zippydog

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The “almost” arp was a basic “up” arp from the first page of patterns. Issue was it started with the low G of the pattern, but the high G is on the “1” of the pattern. (this has been an ongoing debate in my band).

After trying to step sequence it, I took this in a different direction and just recorded the part as a looped sequence, then saved the combi into my set list.

I then learned the hard way that songs have to be saved to a hard drive, don’t auto-load and must be loaded after startup.

Quite a steep learning curve, this, but I’m making progress. Would be more convenient to sample my sequence and loop it so I could auto load the file. Is that feasible? Is that what NETWORK1 was trying to tell me above?
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With many of the GEs, including the ones you mention, if you go to the KARMA GE page and use Switch 3 Invert Phrase, you can reverse the direction of the arp.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: