Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

headphones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fontaine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject: headphones Reply with quote

I'm looking for good, but not expensive heaphones for my studio. I need natural sounding bass. My budget is +/- 50-60 dollars. I found these
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ATHM20x--audio-technica-ath-m20x-closed-back-monitoring-headphones
https://musicsquare.co.uk/161864_AKG-K72-32-Ohm-ClosedBack-studio-heapdhones.html
which one will be better? Or maybe something different?
seanmichaels

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my pair of AT M50x, but they are a bit more expensive than the M20x. I have no experience with the AKG pair, but I think it's safe to say that you pay for what you get. Maybe you could score a pair that are used?

I've also heard a lot of great things about Beyerdynamic's line of headphones. These also are going to be a bit more expensive. If I were you, I'd save up a little longer and try to get something a little more pro.
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you go to a respectable shop with a good selection to try and you pick whatever you like. Headphones are a personal choice. Make sure you take a source with you that you trust (music player, your digital multitrack recorder, etc.) and that you test for the conditions you'll be using your headphone under. Only then I'd go for a second hand one, but that may be a gamble... I'd just go and buy what I like. Very Happy
soundofsilence

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: headphones Reply with quote

fontaine wrote:
I'm looking for good, but not expensive heaphones for my studio. I need natural sounding bass. My budget is +/- 50-60 dollars. I found these
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ATHM20x--audio-technica-ath-m20x-closed-back-monitoring-headphones
https://musicsquare.co.uk/161864_AKG-K72-32-Ohm-ClosedBack-studio-heapdhones.html
https://primesound.org/best-headphones-for-drummers/
which one will be better? Or maybe something different?

Guess I'm in the same boat right now.
Decided not to start another thread, even though I have a different budget - about $150 per headphones.
After reading some reviews, I'm choosing between three brands that seems to be reliable: Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic and Roland. At least from what I found they have best basses (and yes, I worked with Sennheiser previously and I liked them).

synthjoe wrote:
I suggest you go to a respectable shop with a good selection to try and you pick whatever you like. Headphones are a personal choice. Make sure you take a source with you that you trust (music player, your digital multitrack recorder, etc.) and that you test for the conditions you'll be using your headphone under. Only then I'd go for a second hand one, but that may be a gamble... I'd just go and buy what I like. Very Happy

I know that it could be a gamble, and it's all about personal preferences - but which headphones do you use? Not going to buy anything wo trying first, though if there are some good options that I probably missed, I'd like to know about them at least.

Last edited by soundofsilence on Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For your $150 price point, I concur that Sennheiser should be on your short list. My Sennheiser HD 595 headphones I bought years ago still serve me well. Audio is full and well-balanced, and headphones are very comfortable. I prefer the open-back and around-the-ear design - easier on the ears - providing physical and acoustic breathing room. The Sennheiser HD 599 would be the most recent model in the series; the HD 595 is discontinued.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: