Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sound banks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
totalrod2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Sound banks Reply with quote

I'm interested in a couple of electric piano sounds which are available online for download. My question is this: Is there any way of using any of these sounds if you don't own a Korg Kronos? A workaround perhaps?
Bryan
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe try a direct approach. contact the author or developer of the 3rd party EP"s
totalrod2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good advice. Thank you. It's mainly the Hohner Pianet "N" I want. But I think the creator of those samples must be pretty busy (and difficult to contact, it would seem). I do have a real Pianet which is extremely unreliable. A realistic sounding substitute has not been so easy to find.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings,

I'm with Purgatory Creek Soundware and I make a Pianet N library for the Kronos. If you sent me an email, I'm sorry I have not seen it.

Using libraries for the Kronos on something other than the Kronos is going to be difficult to accomplish, requiring conversions/translations that probably aren't going to work properly. I do make the Pianet N available in Kontakt and for the Kurzweil Forte. I am also working on a version for the Yamaha Montage/MODX.

On which system did you want to use this library?

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
totalrod2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Burningbusch.
I hope it's okay for me to name drop. Synthkeywizard (Dmitry) was the creator. Are there any clips I can hear of yours? My workstation is pretty flexible in terms of which keyboard I can use (I have 3 of them...an Alesis Q88, Yamaha Arius YDP-181, and a Casio WK-1600) played through an older free version of LiveProfessor. So basically all of my sounds are .dll files.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, from what I can tell, the keyboards you listed do not have any way of importing and storing new samples. When you sample an instrument like the Pianet N, you make recordings (samples) of each note and at a number of velocities (ppp - fff). These are then programmed as an instrument so that they play back similar to the original. The Kronos is a unique keyboard in that it can load a vast number of these sampled instruments. So no, based on what you own it's not possible to load anything like my Pianet N or any other.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: