Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing new Exs Sound Libraries

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcpiano88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject: Installing new Exs Sound Libraries Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I took advantage of the new pricing for several of the KaPro sound libraries (Exs 118 Istanbul Strings as well as the 4 libraries in the Library Bundle Vol. 2 Symphonic Dreams Complete 4). These are the first libraries I have purchased for my Korg Kronos 2 (the newest one with the wooden ends). I did a search on this forum to find out how to install these libraries since there is literally ZERO explanation on the Korg site that I could find. Anyway, I formatted a USB stick in the Korg itself, FAT32, and put the unzipped folders in the root directory of the stick, went to DISK and installed the library which says it installs on U-G. The library states it was installed successfully and I entered my authorization number under the Global tab and that works but when I go to U-G Programs, there is not a single sound or instrument. I did a search on the keyboard thinking perhaps it just went to a different User Bank but nope, the instruments and samples are nowhere to be found. I feel like I missed a step somewhere since none of the libraries I purchased are showing up anywhere. Could someone point me in the right direction? I just spent almost $500 and I am feeling a little jipped at the moment.

One more question, what if you purchase more than one library that says it will install in the same user bank? Can you change the bank where the instruments get stored? Thanks in advance!

Kevin
LewTheKeyboardGuy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember rightly, it's User G-G, so hold down both group G top and bottom buttons, maybe there
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Installing new Exs Sound Libraries Reply with quote

dcpiano88 wrote:
Hi everyone. I took advantage of the new pricing for several of the KaPro sound libraries (Exs 118 Istanbul Strings as well as the 4 libraries in the Library Bundle Vol. 2 Symphonic Dreams Complete 4). These are the first libraries I have purchased for my Korg Kronos 2 (the newest one with the wooden ends). I did a search on this forum to find out how to install these libraries since there is literally ZERO explanation on the Korg site that I could find. Anyway, I formatted a USB stick in the Korg itself, FAT32, and put the unzipped folders in the root directory of the stick, went to DISK and installed the library which says it installs on U-G. The library states it was installed successfully and I entered my authorization number under the Global tab and that works but when I go to U-G Programs, there is not a single sound or instrument. I did a search on the keyboard thinking perhaps it just went to a different User Bank but nope, the instruments and samples are nowhere to be found. I feel like I missed a step somewhere since none of the libraries I purchased are showing up anywhere. Could someone point me in the right direction? I just spent almost $500 and I am feeling a little jipped at the moment.

One more question, what if you purchase more than one library that says it will install in the same user bank? Can you change the bank where the instruments get stored? Thanks in advance!

Kevin

First, your second question : yes, you can decide where to put the bank you are downloading. On disk mode, go the PCG file, click Open, then click Open on the Program file, you will see on what bank it's to be loaded by default (it can be whatever bank from I-A to U-GG. Most often for a third party bank, it is between U-A to U-GG) There, you can change to bank you want.

To your first question : first, check on what bank your Prog sounds have been loaded. Doing that, you are sure you are getting the right sounds of your new library.
Second, go the Prog mode, and click on the right bank (for example U-BB o U-G etc...).
Select one sound. Two possibilities here : either all samples are well loaded and so, you hear the right sound; or, there are not loaded and you se a red message on the top of the Screen "Samples Not Loaded". In that last case, go to the right top menu, and you will find the command to load the missing samples.
Track 7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Installing new Exs Sound Libraries Reply with quote

dcpiano88 wrote:
I feel like I missed a step somewhere since none of the libraries I purchased are showing up anywhere.

After installing the files from your USB stick to your Kronos, did you then install the .PCG and .KSC files into the user banks? I think this might be the step you missed. It's separate from loading the files from a USB stick.

See this video starting around 6:50:

https://youtu.be/LuAhOIhO5g4?t=410

I also have a question about EXS libraries.

I have EXS 51 Unison Orchestra on my Kronos.

Today I'm trying to add EXS 25 Electric Guitars and seeing that I have not enough room. When I try to load the .PCG file, I get this:

Memory Required: 203M | Available: 112M | Enough Slots in Sampling Mode: Yes

Do I need to uninstall the Unison Orchestra sounds before adding the guitar sounds? Or is there some other way I can make room for a second EXS collection? Do I need a RAM upgrade or something else?
Track 7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Installing new Exs Sound Libraries Reply with quote

Track 7 wrote:
After installing the files from your USB stick to your Kronos, did you then install the .PCG and .KSC files into the user banks? I think this might be the step you missed. It's separate from loading the files from a USB stick.

P.S. At this stage of the installation is where you can specify which bank(s) you want to load the new sounds in.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: Installing new Exs Sound Libraries Reply with quote

Track 7 wrote:

Memory Required: 203M | Available: 112M | Enough Slots in Sampling Mode: Yes
.... is there some other way I can make room for a second EXS collection? Do I need a RAM upgrade or something else?

Kronos X/2 have a specific Ram availability that can't be altered or expanded.
with factory resources loaded (Preload.KSC) , the available remaining Ram in Kronos 2 is 800 Mb , so before
purchasing any EXs , check your free Ram and Ram prerequisites of EXs library from author's description ,
as also check the used Program Bank !

FYI , 200 Korg Store's EXs libraries , are always installed in the only 5 free Program Banks of Kronos 2 , which
in simple arithmetic 200/5 means that 40 of them will be installed in the same Program Bank overwriting
each other , and in premium EXs libraries with Combination development you might can re-direct Program banks
but you can't re-direct WS & DKs that will be also overwritten by each other , so beware of those important
information since nobody seems to give the proper attention before purchasing and then it's too late with
zero customization support from them !

So your only option in this "not enough Ram availability" warning is either to unload other factory or custom
resources nor to use a second Preloading KSC file (and maybe also a PCG) with other resources that do not
fit in one solid setup.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Track 7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Installing new Exs Sound Libraries Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
So your only option in this "not enough Ram availability" warning is either to unload other factory or custom
resources

Thanks for the info, Antony. To unload factory resources, can I simply delete a bunch of stock programs I don't use? Would they all have to be in the same bank? Or can I delete them from various banks? Is there even a way to delete individual programs to free up RAM for a second EX? The one I just downloaded is a demo only so far. I haven't paid for the license yet.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Installing new Exs Sound Libraries Reply with quote

Track 7 wrote:
To unload factory resources, can I simply delete a bunch of stock programs I don't use?
Would they all have to be in the same bank? Or can I delete them from various banks? Is there even a way to
delete individual programs to free up RAM for a second EX? The one I just downloaded is a demo only so far. I haven't paid for the license yet.

Read manual of samples management to understand how Kronos resources are working !
PCG data (Programs , Combi,WS ect) are only references at used samples that are contained in Preload.KSC file that is set at
Global/Auto-Load interface , so nope , you will not delete anything , also the term "delete" is not valid for factory samples ,
you can only unload them.

Your option to reserve more Ram memory is Global/Samples management where you can "unload all" EXs , like pianos , drumkits
that you don't use (learn first any EXs contents) , then go to Media/Save and from upper screen menu select , save sampling
data/only references of samples , and save a NewPreload.KSC that you can use in "Auto-Load" instead of factory checked box "Preload.KSC".

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Track 7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again, Antony. This is very helpful. I will read the manual and give this a shot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: