Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bugs bugs bugs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
boxx.dk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Bugs bugs bugs Reply with quote

Hi

This pa700 is a buggy box Mad
Running version 1.3.0

Examples:

- Sometimes, a style Intro goes into a endless loop.

- Style: First note, after variation change, is stumm or plays the previous keybord set' sound.

- Style: Sometimes, the upper is +1 octave, after changing variation.

....... and I have not even dived deep into the keyboard. I expect a pile of bugs yet to discover Shocked Shocked
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugs bugs bugs Reply with quote

boxx.dk wrote:
.. pa700 is a buggy box
- Sometimes, a style Intro goes into a endless loop.
- Style: First note, after variation change, is stumm or plays the previous keybord set' sound.
- Style: Sometimes, the upper is +1 octave, after changing variation.
... and I have not even dived deep into the keyboard ..

Maybe I am wrong, but as soon you have not even dived deep into the keyboard, it seems not to be possible to be asure with Pa700 functions, which depends on parameters that are preprogrammed.

So maybe better dive deep to learn what you could do with functions and what reactions you get. Or at least additionally announce which settings you used to cause reasonable bugs - maybe only user seems to be a little buggy buggy buggy, overwhelmed with features (but maybe I am wrong and users who don't notice the many bugs bugs bugs).
Intro-Buttons pushed doubled will loop that Intro - that is an additional feature of each Pa-Keyboard since many years.

Synchronizing of style elements depends on its parameter "Cue mode for the Style Element". In case set to "Immediate, current measure", the Style Element enters immediately, and begins from the current measure.

If style is linked with "Style to KbdSet" when choosing a Style Variation automatically recalls the corresponding KbdSet and depends of pre-programmed settings (also Oktave settings).

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
boxx.dk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugs bugs bugs Reply with quote

Hello Siebenhirter

I understand your arguments and I also got the Intro-loop issue solved Embarassed

However, after diving into the manual and trying out several style settings, I still face the problem with the wrong / stumm upper sound after variation change ?

I've tried to press the variation button on different beats, but it does not make any change.

The frustration thing is, that the issue does not happen consequently. Sometimes the instruments change as expected ?!?!
I think changing variation must be a rather basic functionality which does not require a technical arranger expert level to operate correctly. Also, I cannot imagine anyone playing live with this issue !!

- Cheers
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject: Special features of styleplayer Reply with quote

boxx.dk wrote:
.. I understand your arguments and I also got the Intro-loop issue solved ..

Was no issue, but still usage of a feature as made and described.
boxx.dk wrote:
.. I still face the problem with the wrong / stumm upper sound after variation change ? I've tried to press the variation button on different beats, but it does not make any change. The frustration thing is, that the issue does not happen consequently. Sometimes the instruments change as expected ?!?!

Instruments change as defined parameter "Cue mode for style element" but not how they change is expected. You should not expect instruments change "Next measure, first measure" if cue mode of that variation element is programmed to "Next measure, current measure".
Vice versa do not expect instruments change "Next measure, current measure" if cue mode of that variation element is programmed to "Next measure, first measure".

Nor expect that every style element has behaved the consequently same way, because parameters as described in manual decide how a variation will enter after having been selected. These parameters are features (but not issues) to design stye elements variable and according to personal needs. Inspect content of of a style element and if necessary change parameters to values for getting instrument change as expected - you will get it.

boxx.dk wrote:
.. I think changing variation must be a rather basic functionality which does not require a technical arranger expert level to operate correctly.

I think it does not require an expert level and also think changing variations operates correctly since Pa-Keyboards with same style functionality exists. You only have to once familiarize yourself with the operations (NTT, CueMode, TriggerMode ..) and content of a style element, because the style player offers more extensive possibilities than the competitor, where eg the trigger time is not controllable by individual parameters when changing the variation. One should at least be aware of which properties of a style element one is currently using in stylePlay or which properties of parameters are using.
boxx.dk wrote:
.. Also, I cannot imagine anyone playing live with this issue !!

Without its expanded features - you call issues - it would be difficult to interpret song-specifically programmed styles in the same way as using a styleplayer of a Pa keyboards.

boxx.dk wrote:
.. the problem with the wrong / stumm upper sound after variation change

Depending on TRIGGER MODE it is defined how Acc-type tracks are retriggered when the chord is changed. Often chord is changed unconsciously before variation change, because one or more fingers of a chord are released while one or more of them remains on the keys for a short time. That often happens if fingers of left hand do not release the gripped chord correctly before hitting variation buttons.

Depending on the chosen CHORD RECOGNITION, it so can be inadvertently triggered by up to twelve different different chord types instead of a septime chord, which could sound like as if notes were missing when changing variation (e.g. in the case of chord type No3rdNo5th or No3rd/1+8, 1+5).

For example with chord recognition "Expert" (Advanced) gripped G,B,D,F will trigger G7 but will mutant into other chords (B dim, D min, F no3no5th) if some keys of chord (G; G+B; G+B+D) only are released parially - same happens with reversed chord: gripped B,D,F,G again will trigger G7 but will mutant into other chords (D min11, G/F, G no3no5th) if some keys of chord (B; B+D; B+D+F) only are released.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
boxx.dk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello siebenhirter

I'm not sure we are talking about the same. Sorry for the missing details, but here they are.

Example, factory English Walz (but the issue described below also occurs in other styles too):

Settings:
a - Auto Fill: On.
b - Style to kbd set: Blinking.
c - Memory Mode: Chord.
d - Auto Fill Mode: Smart.
e - Style to KBD Set Mode: Next Measure.

Playing:
1 - Variation 3, upper sound is Nylon Guitar.
2 - On beat 1, bar 8, I press Variation 4.
3 - Variation 4, beat 1, bar 1: upper sound Strings & Bells is muted (stumm) or playing Nylon Guitar.
4 - Variation 4, beat 2, bar 1: upper sound Strings & Bells is now playing.

Regarding 3,4: But not always !! Sometimes the upper sound have changed correctly and due to this, I can only conclude, that the muted/wrong upper instrument on beat 1 must be a software error.
Who would benefit a instrument thats not abel to play on beat 1 ?

- Happy new year
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject: Style to Kbd Set mode "next measure" Reply with quote

boxx.dk wrote:
.. I'm not sure we are talking about the same ..

You are right, we do not talk about the same. I totally misunderstood your problem "Style: First note, after variation change, is stumm or plays the previous keybord set' sound".
If you use Style to KbdSet indicator "blinking" choosing a Variation eacht time automatically change recent KeyboardSet to the corresponding Keyboard Set (1 - 4).
The timing of the automatical recall depends on the StyleToKbdSet mode. When you choose a Style, the new KeyboardSet will not be automatically selected until the first beat of the next measure is reached - that is in case StyleToKbdSet mode is set to "Next Measure" as you preferred.

If you change variation 3 to variation 4, your current KbdSet is changed to Kbdset4 and would happen the same as with KbdSet is changed manually - keys not released are not retriggered automatically but sound until you release that key, sustained notes are cut, keys you hit too soon are ignored.

So if using Style to KbdSet indicator "blinking" combined with StyleToKbdSet mode is set to "Next Measure" that are settings, forced for changing Kbdset each time you change variation - and requires good timinig with keys. Maybe you have troubles with "next measure" better try "immediate" to determine for yourself when the KbdSet will be changed. Superior value, of course, is also the option to set indicator StyleToKbdSet "Off" to prevent automatically selection.
If sometimes the upper is +1 octave after changing variation, that are the settings of the coupled KbdSet you automatically trigger each time you change a variation with the settings (StyleToKbdSet + StyleToKbdSet-Mode) you choosed.

If you do not like KbdSets (sounds, effects, octave, volume, pan etc) automatically selected with variations simply change settings of that corresponding KbdSet (1...4) an rewrite recent used style performance.

So it's because of the basic attitudes and the way you play and trigger keys for results you get.
Sorry, I don't see any software errors with your problems not to be able to play your upper sounds on beat 1!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: