Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Number of Kronos Sold - Need Serial Numbers
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject: Number of Kronos Sold - Need Serial Numbers Reply with quote

Thought it would be interesting to get a better feel for the number of Kronos sold. Over at the KARMALabs forum, there's a thread where you can enter your serial and model number but it hasn't been active enough after the first year or so to get a feel for the current number. Each model has its own sequential numbering and there three versions of the instrument.

1st Generation: SN starts with 0, Kronos X start with 1 and Kronos 2 with 2, e.g. 106123 is a Kronos X.

We have good info on the 1st generation (2011):

61: 7,131
    73: 3,809
    88, 4,195
    Total: 15,135

Kronos X (2012 - 2014) we have very little data.

61: 3,148
    73: 587
    88, 2,378
    Total: 6,113

Kronos 2 (2014 - present--includes SE)

61: 10,430
    73: 5,298
    88: 11,393
    Total: 27,121

Gold: 762
Platinum: 489
LS: xxx
Titanium
61: 90

Grand Total: 51,092

So let's fill in the cracks and see what we can come up with. I think it's roughly in the 50,000 neighborhood.

What is your model (61, 73, 88) and serial number(s)? Be sure to include the model.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com

Last edited by burningbusch on Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:02 pm; edited 27 times in total
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that it matters much..
Currently using a 1st gen 88 key
With serial 0031 or 0039, need to check in the studio, but very low..

I owned several ones over the years..
Sold my Kronos2 with a nice profit when i could buy this for under €1500
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if it's any help my Kronos are:

Kronos2-88 (2015) sn: 202419
Kronos2-73 (2017) sn: 204000
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos2-61 (2016) sn: 203174

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos 88 (2011) sn :000896

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info all. Original post updated. Would be great to get a recently purchased Kronos 2 61 as well as Kronos X serial numbers.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

2014 Kronos X 61 = 103148

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K2 88 Serial number- 200477
Purgatory

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased In UK New June 2018 KRONOS 2 88 key SERIAL # - 208061

Was wondering do the serial numbers matter what country you maybe in too? Or basically same units with different power cord in box and Kronos does have a universal power supply inside anyways so just the kettle lead for the country.

What about the Kronos LS, Kronos Gold and The Kronos Platinum ? They Must have a different serial number too ? I think the starting number is again 2 but the next number is not 0 I'm guessing for these. The Gold and Platinum's are limited editions so can't be many of them anyways.

There is a Gold one on ebay showing the serial number but can't make out exactly what is after the 2. https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/w6wAAOSw~Q9bDvz~/s-l1600.jpg

My first post but have been reading the forums for many years. Hello all Smile and hope this helps. I will be posting a lot soon as have many questions and many observations regarding the Kronos.

Last edited by Purgatory on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
kekule

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K2 61 jun 2018 : SN 207037
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purgatory wrote:

Was wondering do the serial numbers matter what country you maybe in too? Or basically same units with different power cord in box and Kronos does have a universal power supply inside anyways so just the kettle lead for the country.

What about the Kronos LS, Kronos Gold and The Kronos Platinum ? They Must have a different serial number too ? I think the starting number is again 2 but the next number is not 0 I'm guessing for these. The Gold and Platinum's are limited editions so can't be many of them anyways.

There is a Gold one on ebay showing the serial number but can't make out exactly what is after the 2. https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/w6wAAOSw~Q9bDvz~/s-l1600.jpg

My first post but have been reading the forums for many years. Hello all Smile and hope this helps. I will be posting a lot soon as have many questions and many observations regarding the Kronos.

Great point. I had forgotten about those models and have added them above. That looks to be a 3 or 8 following the 2. I see the SN as 2x0762.

Thanks.

Busch.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purgatory wrote:

Yeah, I don't know about the country. I think we'll go on the assumption that the serial numbers are universal.

Busch.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K2-61 Fall of 2015 #201826
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Number of Kronos Sold - Need Serial Numbers Reply with quote

burningbusch wrote:
Tho
Grand Total: 39,967

So let's fill in the cracks and see what we can come up with. I think it's roughly in the 50,000 neighborhood.

What is your model (61, 73, 8Cool and serial number(s)? Be sure to include the model.

Busch.

your assumption is that the serial #'s are always perfectly sequential
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Number of Kronos Sold - Need Serial Numbers Reply with quote

GregC wrote:

your assumption is that the serial #'s are always perfectly sequential

Yes because:
a) By definition, serial numbers are a series of numbers.
b) We've tracked Hammonds, Steinways and many other instruments based on their SN.
c) When you compare purchase dates purchased to the serial numbers, they match up quite consistently.
d) We're dealing with numbers well within the range of believability. For example, Moog sold 14,000 Voyagers, a monophonic analog with a $3,500+ price tag. I've seen far more Kronos show up on stages and in sig lines on forums than Voyagers. The idea that Korg has sold 3 times as many Kronos is completely believable.
e) I've inquired with people "in the know" and have not been told anything to the contrary.

I understand companies can do what they want with the serial number and a few, e.g. Rhodes, have been shown to be inconsistent over years, but in the case of Rhodes, it covered three decades, many different internal changes as well as ownership changes. The Kronos is not an instrument that's had a history of minor hardware revisions where tweaks and corrections to the product happened in hardware. The improvements to the product happened in software/firmware and were applied across the board to all models.

I don't claim this exercise to be definitive but it makes more sense than pulling a number out of the air.

Busch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: