Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where are my Combinations after installation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrandMasterKorg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject: Where are my Combinations after installation Reply with quote

Hi guys,

It is strange, but after installation of exs18 library I am not able to locate my combinations and programs.

I am struggling with the complete process and philosphy of loading.

It is too complicated and not user friendly...

WHO can help?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

open factory preload file on SSD
GrandMasterKorg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:

Thank you. This I already did. I have already restored the factory settings.

This is working for me.

But it is not solving the problem, with installing the new EXs.

I try to install the „New Kronos Sound Pack“ on my Kronos X.

I struggle with the EXs18 und KRS-07.

My combinations trigger the wrong samples.

How can I completely delete all samples, Inhave the feeling even after restoring the factory preload, I have some user samples in the RAM, That I loaded recently.

There is something messed up.

Maybe I have to do a deeper restore. I don’t know what to do.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrandMasterKorg wrote:
GregC wrote:

This is working for me.

I try to install the „New Kronos Sound Pack“ on my Kronos X.

I struggle with the EXs18 und KRS-07.

My combinations trigger the wrong samples.

How can I completely delete all samples, Inhave the feeling even after restoring the factory preload, I have some user samples in the RAM, That I loaded recently.

There is something messed up.

Maybe I have to do a deeper restore. I don’t know what to do.

When you say "my combinations trigger the wrong samples" are you referring to older combis or combis you made prior to the upgrade? Understand that combis merely point back to programs and all the programs have now shifted with the Sound Pack added. What used to be in Program-A is now in Program-C. Everything shifted up two banks.

If the Programs play properly, then there's nothing else you need to do as far as the samples go. Your issue is that the combis are pointing to the wrong programs.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
GrandMasterKorg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you formyour reply.

Maybe I was not accurate enough. It’s probably right, that the combinations that I try to load from the new kronos sound pack pointing tot he wrong programs after loading.

But even if I do the factory restore by loading the preload files, I have some programs which show „samples not loaded“. Some of them have still some samples inside, others are completely mute, means there is not even a part of the multisample avalaiable.

I have the feeling there’s is something messed up.

Most of the combinations of my preload factory sound Ok.

Its just that some programs show „no samples loaded“ and I cannot load the combinations of the new kronos sound pack.
GrandMasterKorg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply.

Maybe I was not accurate enough. It’s probably right, that the combinations that I try to load from the new kronos sound pack. pointing to the wrong programs after loading.

But even if I do the factory restore by loading the preload files, I have a few programs which show „samples not loaded“. Some of them have still some samples inside, others are completely mute, means there is not even a part of the multisample avalaiable.

I have the feeling there’s is something messed up.

Most or nearly all of the combinations of my factory preload sound Ok.

Its just that some programs on the higher banks that show „no samples loaded“ and the problem that I cannot load the combinations of the new kronos sound pack, still persists.

Could I some how completely setup the kronos from scratch?
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on several things, including which PRELOAD file you are now using (X or K2), if it is the same as before, etc. There is the Load required samples in the upper right menu in combi and program mode to get the missing sounds. You also need to load the correct KSC files in Global mode, etc. It is too drastic for now to go with a factory reset with the disks. On the worse case, using the PCG tools, TidyKronos and/or the Kronos editor, you would find the cause rather easily. They are all free.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrandMasterKorg wrote:
GregC wrote:

This is working for me.

Since you tried to install EXs18 , it means that you own older K1 or X , so in this case Preload.PCG of SSD factory folder
do not respond to Kronos 2 resources references of EXs18 that uses K2 resources PCG !
I don't know the PCG contents of EXs18 commercial distribution , but normally this PCG there should had loaded the required
resources references and of course EXs18.KSC file should be included in installation folder that you have to place at
Global/Auto-Load menu for loading the installed samples of EXs18.
Maybe you need the complete uprade pack including EXs17 that will upgrade your factory PCG to Kronos 2 factory resources.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
GrandMasterKorg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
Depends on several things, including which PRELOAD file you are now using (X or K2), if it is the same as before, etc.

I use the original preload files which are locked on my internal hd, they cannot be deleted. That means they are kronos x preload.

Quote:
There is the Load required samples in the upper right menu in combi and program mode to get the missing sounds.

This kind of menu button I am not able to see. I have the latest operating system installed.

Quote:
You also need to load the correct KSC files in Global mode, etc

This I have figured out. In global mode there is a page where you see all the ksc files, and you can checkmark them, to be loaded on boot up.

I have loaded all files, that I was able to find in the factory folder, not only the pre load, also other ksc files from EXs1,4,... ans so on. There are KSC files called vintage keys or brass woodwinds, and so on.

It seems, if I load all the factory files and set them to auto load while boot, then the status of my korg Kronos is good.

All combinations and programs seem to do what they shall do, the drumtracks are playing the right drum sounds and so on.

Quote:
It is too drastic for now to go with a factory reset with the disks. On the worse case, using the PCG tools, TidyKronos and/or the Kronos editor, you would find the cause rather easily. They are all free.

I also want to get my kronos working as expected, without doing such heavy stuff. But my problems start if I install these EXs17 and EXs18 and KRS-007 from the new kronos sound pack.

Then I get some old combinations don’t play the right programs or combinations from KRS-007 don’t play the right programs and programs show „samples not loaded“.

I don’t know if the software mentioned by you could help me to solve this issue.

The strange think is... once before I was able to load the new kronos sound pack. Then I installed some customer created samples and programs that i have downloaded here from the forum, and they messed up my internal memory I guess. Then afterwards the described problems started.

I am no very familiar with all the internal structures of my Kronos. I just use it for playing, not for sound design.

I just want my Kronos to work, without using third party tools. Just load the EXs and start playing. In the moment the situation is absolute not acceptable.

I will contact the Kronos support.

Last edited by GrandMasterKorg on Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:30 pm; edited 7 times in total
GrandMasterKorg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If load PCG or KSC files, shall I select the „Append“ or „Clear all“ option?
GrandMasterKorg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:

Since you tried to install EXs18 , it means that you own older K1 or X , so in this case Preload.PCG of SSD factory folder do not respond to Kronos 2 resources references of EXs18 that uses K2 resources PCG !

This I am not aware of, and I do not understand. I have a Kronos X and as a normal user I don’t want to come in contact with such internal science.

I expect a file to load and set back the Synthesizer to original status, completely, not partially.

Quote:
I don't know the PCG contents of EXs18 commercial distribution , but normally this PCG there should had loaded the required resources references and of course EXs18.KSC file should be included in installation folder that you have to place at Global/Auto-Load menu for loading the installed samples of EXs18.

Of course the ksc and pcg files are all in the same folder. This is the case for EXs17 and EXs18. You even need to select the Kronos and the Kronos X Version for Installation. I always select Kronos X version and then in the first window I select the option „load ksc files too“. Then I select the „Append“ option instead of the „Clear all“ option. Then I went to global KSC settings and checkmarked all ksc files for auto load on boot.

Then at last, i load the KRS-007 file, that has also colored set list included. But if I play the combination „Katjas house“, it sounds weird, because it is all messed up. The drum tracks are wrong, the programs are wrong. Everything is wrong.

I will contact the Korg support next week.

Last edited by GrandMasterKorg on Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In every new EXs installation , you load PCG contents once without the need to click KSC loading option and then you place
KSC in Auto-Load that works in append mode.
As I said I don't know the structure of Upgrade PCG they provide but since you have installed EXs 17 & 18 then you have
the factory sound resources of Kronos 2 and if you load factory Preload.PCG & Preload.KSC of shipped Kronos 2
then all will definitely work fine.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
GrandMasterKorg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This doesn’t help.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do a search on this site, you will see that several other people had the same problem that you have.

The best way is to reinstall them again. There is a procedure in a PDF file which comes with the EXs17&18 ZIP file. Follow the steps carefully and apply them according to your particular unit (if you have a Kronos X, do not install as if you have a K2, since this will of course mix up all the combis/progs links, etc). You mention you once succeeded, so you might have done a mistake while installing this second time.

The Kronos is a monster machine and nobody can master it in a mere few hours, including its particular file saving system, which can be confusing at first. With the free external tools I mentioned, by simply opening your current PCG file you would see where the combi reference problems are.

Like other mentioned, it's likely to simply be a mismatch between combis and program banks, since the KX and K2 are not the same. In the tools I mention, you can see all the links, which progs are played in each combi, swap them, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: