Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TR Rack or Triton Rack?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirikl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:46 pm    Post subject: TR Rack or Triton Rack? Reply with quote

Cross post from Trinity.
ello guys!
I'm an ex-owner of Classic Trinity. Have tons of SNG files and converted Midi versions. My thoughts was recently to buy Triton rack and convert SNG to Triton and load them over floppy. But recently I found out TR rack can play midi files over the cable. As I remember Midi doesn't store info about effects and stuff it stores in SNG, right?
Ok, task is:
To play SNG or Midi files as close as possible to actual Instrument. But without having one, too big for my studio and I already have everything set up with Roland A49 midi keyboard.
Question: What is better TR Rack or Triton Rack for that purpose? Triton is more advanced of course, you can add more ram, SCSI... But at the end I'm not sure I need all that stuff. Years passed and maybe I will not use it often even! On the other hand if I buy TR I will be limited to Midi file versions only which is I don't even know how to operate from computer to put all the effects back to life, let's say in a link with Cakewalk for example?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: