Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can’t wait for my Kronos 2 88 !
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCFREE wrote:
Well ... I tried again.

I’ve discovered it’s not the keybed that’s in the way. I was able to lift it after undoing some screws, but there is a metal plate in the way under the keybed.

The SATA connector is under this plate. I am unable to get the right angle SATA cable underneath because the plate is very low and I can’t get the connector underneath.

I think it may be wise for me to abandon the task and manage the disk space externally and internally.

I wanted to upload some images from my computer but can't figure out how to do this

Thankyou all for your contributions!

I was concerned. that sucks for a 2nd SSD try.

Maybe Korg wants K2 owners to use auth service ? It might be useful
to deliver the K2 and SSD to local service - get a quote for labor and time estimated to get it done. Extra storage is important.
PCFREE
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
PCFREE wrote:
Well ... I tried again.

I’ve discovered it’s not the keybed that’s in the way. I was able to lift it after undoing some screws, but there is a metal plate in the way under the keybed.

The SATA connector is under this plate. I am unable to get the right angle SATA cable underneath because the plate is very low and I can’t get the connector underneath.

I think it may be wise for me to abandon the task and manage the disk space externally and internally.

I wanted to upload some images from my computer but can't figure out how to do this

Thankyou all for your contributions!

I was concerned. that sucks for a 2nd SSD try.

Maybe Korg wants K2 owners to use auth service ? It might be useful
to deliver the K2 and SSD to local service - get a quote for labor and time estimated to get it done. Extra storage is important.

I think that is a good idea, Greg. I will get a quote

....as we forgive those who synthesize against us!!
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCFREE wrote:

I saw the new K2 protective/solidifying plates in mine as well each time I opened it to do custom mods, even though a second SSD is not something I've done (yet).

It is interesting that they "forgot" to cut/design the MB protective plate to give enough space for the second MB SATA connector. IMHO I'm sure it was designed with the older generation of MBs in mind (which had their SATA connectors farther from the keys). Unfortunately, mistakes like this happen. Either the connector can be fit after unscrewing/replacing the protective plate, either the plate will have to be "upgraded" with a little cut to access the second connector.

In both cases, I don't recommend to DIY, since you are probably covered with a warranty from your music store. In general, MBs need very careful handling and you don't want to do a mistake with your recently acquired unit.

One temporary solution would simply be to copy the contents of your drive on the factory one using FTP - unless you have lots of stuff.
PCFREE
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
PCFREE wrote:

I saw the new K2 protective/solidifying plates in mine as well each time I opened it to do custom mods, even though a second SSD is not something I've done (yet).

It is interesting that they "forgot" to cut/design the MB protective plate to give enough space for the second MB SATA connector. IMHO I'm sure it was designed with the older generation of MBs in mind (which had their SATA connectors farther from the keys). Unfortunately, mistakes like this happen. Either the connector can be fit after unscrewing/replacing the protective plate, either the plate will have to be "upgraded" with a little cut to access the second connector.

In both cases, I don't recommend to DIY, since you are probably covered with a warranty from your music store. In general, MBs need very careful handling and you don't want to do a mistake with your recently acquired unit.

One temporary solution would simply be to copy the contents of your drive on the factory one using FTP - unless you have lots of stuff.

Thanks for your reply. I totally agree. I’m not going to risk damaging this massive beast ! I’ve already copied everything over.

....as we forgive those who synthesize against us!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: