Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HardBoard bottom instead of metal??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RKfan

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: MDF - that's nothing Reply with quote

My Steinway and Bosendorfer are both made of wood and string.... Jeez... what is it with these guys... how did they get away with it.

(Dumb Dumb Thread)
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: MDF - that's nothing Reply with quote

RKfan wrote:
My Steinway and Bosendorfer are both made of wood and string.... Jeez... what is it with these guys... how did they get away with it.

(Dumb Dumb Thread)

Seems to me there was a thread last summer about the particle board base. People were worried about the board getting wet and the wood disintegrating. If your Kronos is that wet, you have bigger problems than the wood disintegrating.! Shocked

A lot of the negative threads regarding build quality stem from people afraid they've spent their money unwisely. I encourage everyone to relax and just enjoy making music with the thing. Very Happy
Rskeys

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: MDF - that's nothing Reply with quote

danmusician wrote:
RKfan wrote:

(Dumb Dumb Thread)

Seems to me there was a thread last summer about the particle board base. People were worried about the board getting wet and the wood disintegrating. If your Kronos is that wet, you have bigger problems than the wood disintegrating.! Shocked

A lot of the negative threads regarding build quality stem from people afraid they've spent their money unwisely. I encourage everyone to relax and just enjoy making music with the thing. Very Happy

What worries me is that every time someone even thinks about debating and criticise any aspect of this keyboard they get an "Hater stamp"...
If you read my posts carefuly you will realize im satisfied with the keyboard and i do have a less positive opinion on some levels of this machine, i have my opinion founded in personal experience with the board and any critic i do is justified. IMHO i have seen much,much dumber threads arround here...

I will say this one last time, i m a happy kronos user although i have run into some problems, i m happy with korg's willingness to support this unit if any problem arises and very thankfull to all members of this forum that have been compreensive and tried to help me with any question i had with the machine. Finaly about the kronos bottom, its not that it's made of wood,metal or any other thing, in my case the keybed shifts on transport becouse it's bolted said wood and this my friends is a design flaw no matter how you put it...

Pls forgive the caps :KRONOS IS AN AMAZING INSTRUMENT PERIOD.

Thank you all.

Ricardo
EdK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I know this is an old thread and my question has to do with the Triton Studio 88 but I came across this thread when searching for information on how to open up the Triton Studio 88.

Mine has the MDF bottom and I need to open it up to replace the hard drive.
I tried doing so (removed all the screws) but something still seems to be holding the MDF in place and I can't find what it is.

I'm hoping maybe someone here may have had or still have a Triton Studio 88 and can give me some information on how to remove the bottom. I'm sure I'm missing something. Don't want to run the risk of breaking anything.

Thanks! Ed
Poseidon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a simple solution.
Cut anodised aluminium panel to measurements, drill screw holes with some extra bigger ones covered with fine metal mesh netting from inside and your Kronos turn into Tank. The small home workshop would be advisable or bring it to car mechanics, they have means to do that
timbukktwo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To let you know, my Triton Extreme 88 (2004) has the same wood material as Korg has always used, and am happy to report that after all these years has not bowed, bent, or otherwise, in a non-protected environment. I live in humid Hawaii, with no a.c. and jalousie windows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: