Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I know, I know: RTFM! But... Importing Omnisphere & Ivor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
decreebass

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: I know, I know: RTFM! But... Importing Omnisphere & Ivor Reply with quote

Is this possible? I seem to recall somewhere someone saying (in a video?) that you can import Omnisphere into the Kronos. Is this true? Can you also import Ivory II? I bought these years ago and love them! But I would love to play them on the beautiful Kronos 88-key fingerboard (or whatever you piano people call it). I used to just use an M-Audio Keystation 88 which was uninspiring.

It would make my day if this were possible. NOT that the Kronos' acoustic piano sounds are at all lacking, but it's never a bad thing to have more great piano samples, eh?

I'm not asking for explicit instructions on how to do it (though I wouldn't hate you for providing them or a link) but just if it's possible. I imagine I'd need to plug my iLok into the Kronos, to, right?

Thanks fellas & ladies!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omnisphere can't be imported, as such, The Kronos is not VST host capable, certainly not with the present OS. However, the Kronos can be used as a MIDI controller for Omnisphere and Ivory II, and the audio from the computer running those can be routed to the Kronos' audio ins, and mixed with Kronos' audio, and even sent through Kronos' effects. Now you will have to RTFM and RTFPG (Parameter Guide).

Last edited by voip on Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
decreebass

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer. I thought I explicitly heard someone say it (or its samples) could be imported. Oh well. I mean, I guess since the board is already set up with my Mac it's not an issue; was just hoping it would work inside the Kronos as a standalone. Thanks for the reply!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Omnisphere, and any other audio samples can be imported, and Kronos' sampling capability is extremely good. It takes a bit of getting used to but it's not too difficult.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

decreebass wrote:
Bummer. I thought I explicitly heard someone say it (or its samples) could be imported. Oh well. I mean, I guess since the board is already set up with my Mac it's not an issue; was just hoping it would work inside the Kronos as a standalone. Thanks for the reply!

I guess you are refering to this vidéo : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nURLCUGAzTw
decreebass

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liviou2004 wrote:
decreebass wrote:

I guess you are refering to this vidéo : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nURLCUGAzTw

No, I hadn't seen that one. It was some dude who casually mentioned you could import Omnisphere; made it sound like it was just drag and drop. Oh well, not a biggie. I'm sure the Kronos has more than enough weird sounds to keep me busy for a while Smile
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

decreebass wrote:
I'm sure the Kronos has more than enough weird sounds to keep me busy for a while Smile

Oh, yes ! I can confirm and do agree with you !!
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, and I know some people will not agree with it, so don't shoot the messenger, Spectrasonics's licensing conditions may apply depending on how you wish to use the samples you wish to import

See the following

https://www.spectrasonics.net/support/knowledgebase_view_topic.php?id=271&categoryID=78

and the Sample FAQ

https://www.spectrasonics.net/support/knowledgebase_view_topic.php?id=436&categoryID=78

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: