Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rethinking the Kronos after 6 good years
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Track 7 wrote:
I was thinking of starting another thread to ask about other orchestral libraries.

I'm glad the video helped. There are quite a few more libraries in the Korg Shop.

Wavesart has a pretty incredible library, also.
Track 7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, those Wavesart sounds are great. But I don't quite understand the Combi mode demos. I gather you have to play the samples one at a time in live performance to get the results in the videos. Is this right? If I want to use them in SEQ mode, would they lose all the magic of the combination?

I see in the electric guitar library a list of single patches for use in SEQ mode, but the videos don't demo those sounds.

So basically I'm not sure what I would be getting or what I would have to do to actually use those sounds as demoed. What I would want are fully formed programs that are fully functional in SEQ mode, not just solo sounds that I'd have to perform live with in Combi or Performance mode in order to get the full effect.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Track 7 wrote:
Yes, Liviou, thanks for posting those Seaboard links. This looks to me like learning a whole new instrument, which makes tracking guitars seem like not such a hassle after all.

These Orange Tree samples are very attractive, but who knows what kind of controller it would take to get these results:

https://youtu.be/jL3aaBUkKpM

Probably at least synth action instead of weighted as on my Kronos 73.

The orange tree guitar samples are impressive. I read there is a bunch of scripting and samples. Likely all that programming included the necessary articulation and expressiveness ?

Kronos does not have that customization. Adding a Roli is an enhancement , a piece of the puzzle but one still needs to find a way to get at those samples.

Orange Tree guitar samples are not EX's available at the Korg Kronos shop.
It would be optimum, if they were.

In other words, it would take some work and time to DIY. Not for the beginner, for sure.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Track 7 wrote:
Wow, those Wavesart sounds are great. But I don't quite understand the Combi mode demos. I gather you have to play the samples one at a time in live performance to get the results in the videos. Is this right? If I want to use them in SEQ mode, would they lose all the magic of the combination?

According to Antony, the creator, these combis play just like you heard. His emphasis is playing an entire orchestral group in real time. Pressing ENTER & REC/WRITE, you can copy an entire combi to a song and you are ready to go, via Multi-Rec mode.

I personally don't have experience with his libraries; but others say that they are top notch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: