Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'System Startup Failed' error message
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do what Greg said but I called Customer Support also at 1-800-390-6800 when I had to have my keybed on KX88 replaced. Even thought it is not tech support they may be helpful and point you in the right direction. They were very helpful for me. Just an idea won't hurt and at least they will have documentation of your problem if anything else comes up.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benny ray wrote:
Do what Greg said but I called Customer Support also at 1-800-390-6800 when I had to have my keybed on KX88 replaced. Even thought it is not tech support they may be helpful and point you in the right direction. They were very helpful for me. Just an idea won't hurt and at least they will have documentation of your problem if anything else comes up.

I'm not concerned about the keybed at all. I talked to them this morning...They are going to contact KORG about this, so we'll see how it goes.

GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
benny ray wrote:

I'm not concerned about the keybed at all. I talked to them this morning...They are going to contact KORG about this, so we'll see how it goes.

I was going to contact Korg and demand they give you a free Kronos, due to the hassle.

But I guess you have SW on the case. That should work Wink
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same system failure did happens to my Kronos 3 years ago. And I measure, as I am reading your post, how it is sad and annoying and also how lucky I have been at that time. I am not a DIY man also and I have had the chance that very kind people from a music shop near my home (where I even had not bought my Kronos) took it to have a look at it, then they have sent it to the national Korg Repair Center (which is also near my town ! unbelievable ! Very Happy) who has reformated the internal hard drive. And I have just paid a little fee for the working time passed. They said to me that it did happens very rarely but it did happen helas to my Kronos. The only sad thing has been that I have lost the very last songs I had have not still saved before on an external drive... work work work...

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:

I was going to contact Korg and demand they give you a free Kronos, due to the hassle.

Honestly if they could just give me a working keyboard that's not throwing tantrums, I'll be more than happy to pay the full price! Rolling Eyes

GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
GregC wrote:

Honestly if they could just give me a working keyboard that's not throwing tantrums, I'll be more than happy to pay the full price! Rolling Eyes

do you prefer silver/platinum or that gold look ?

if you have a good hand, play it, is what I would do
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
benny ray wrote:

Yea Sam I know your keybed is good I was using that as an example for me contacting Korg. SW I am sure will make it right.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was gonna have someone put in the 2nd SSD drive for me, but that'll be like trying to joke around with an angry toddler ready for a nuclear meltdown! If I find a solution to get the keyboard turned on without throwing a fit, I'll be happy with the original drive.

This one is definitely going back too. SW said they'll get in touch with Korg and test the 3rd replacement for a while before sending it to me. If that doesn't work out either, we're not meant to be! Face palm

GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
I was gonna have someone put in the 2nd SSD drive for me, but that'll be like trying to joke around with an angry toddler ready for a nuclear meltdown! If I find a solution to get the keyboard turned on without throwing a fit, I'll be happy with the original drive.

This one is definitely going back too. SW said they'll get in touch with Korg and test the 3rd replacement for a while before sending it to me. If that doesn't work out either, we're not meant to be! Face palm

I like the 2nd SSD idea, free and installed, as a compensation for all the bad experience you are going thru.

Incredible that SW has to open a factory sealed Kronos, to test for defects.
Face palm in order to complete a sale.

FWIW, and based on what SW says or does not say, this problem is all on Korg.

I would agree that SW should do a full test, But after, I would assert that SW
should install a quality 2nd SSD, free. At wholesale price that total cost is small.

You will need a 2nd SSD. This is the time to negotiate IMO. If they say no, no harm done.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the sake of economy, perhaps Korg decided to reduce the number of control points on its products at the end of their manufacture. I hope that I am wrong ...

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kronoSphere wrote:
For the sake of economy, perhaps Korg decided to reduce the number of control points on its products at the end of their manufacture. I hope that I am wrong ...

thats the definition of ' short sighted '

I also have difficulty considering such a speculation as electronic manufacturers are about control and process, consistency and cost

Since the K is an ' assembled' keyboard, there is slight risk of a flakey component from the supply chain, finding its way into the assembly process.

Just the same, I would have thought Korg learned that lesson long ago. That 3rd party components have to be defect free. The 2011 key bed fiasco is an example
how a bad part can screw up a $3000 keyboard.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So finally received my 3rd Kronos from SW. It took longer this time, because I asked them to test it before sending.

Korg had suggested to update the firmware so it came with the latest firmware. Apparently that should fix the failure message issue in my case. I still haven't played the new one but hopefully they tested it for sticky keys as well.

Let's see how this goes.

GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
So finally received my 3rd Kronos from SW. It took longer this time, because I asked them to test it before sending.

Korg had suggested to update the firmware so it came with the latest firmware. Apparently that should fix the failure message issue in my case. I still haven't played the new one but hopefully they tested it for sticky keys as well.

Let's see how this goes.

Your new K should be perfect. Time will tell, I think.
I would play it frequently, etc , the next 45 days, to confirm its 100% stable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: