Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transferring songbook entries from PA3X to PA4X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikey224

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:57 am    Post subject: Transferring songbook entries from PA3X to PA4X Reply with quote

Hello,

I've finally broken down and bought the 4X!!! (Now I suppose the 5X will come out soon!)

How do I transfer the songs that I tweaked and downloaded into my PA3X to the 4X? Some of these are from 3X factory styles already onboard and some are that I've downloaded onto the 3X. Is there a simple way to do this?

Also, are there any recommendations as to how to get started with the new 4X (for example, a video to watch or something to read)

Thanks
Mike
RC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:52 am    Post subject: 3X TO 4X Reply with quote

Mickey
I had the same problem. watch this video on you tube . it is for a different Pa series but it works for the 4x. Very helpful and will show you how to do it with songbook. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpMfOe0qUXo
keysman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like you I'm moving onto the Pa4x in the new year and as I gig my Pa3x it is loaded with stuff that I have created and saved in the songbook on the 3x and controlled via iPad using Songbook (Not the onboard korg songbook). Reason I've held off for so long is that I don't want to find that I have a mammoth task of having to tweak or start again on some of the saved arrangements etc.

I guess I need to take my usb and go and try in a 4X before committing unless some knowledgeable 4x forum user can convince me it's all going to be OK Very Happy

Cheers
John
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going from PA500 to PA800, from PA800 to PA3X, and from PA3X to PA4X,
all three took me months of work to get things reorganised.
A lot of songbook entries point to different styles (it's a pointer system).
Loads of things I changed in style settings and STS settings needed to be reprogrammed and/or retweaked.

Maybe there are shortcuts (PA Manager and Songbook Editor), but for me personally it was a bit like starting from scratch with most of the Songbook entries.
I hope things will go smoother when going from PA4X to 5X, but I doubt it.

I'm just a home player (not gigging) so for me it's not a big deal.
But I can imagine that for professional musicians this can be a serious issue.

Play in style. Wink
RC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fransman
I had approx. 250 songs and changes that I had in songbook. I watched Steve Mcnallys youtube video I listed in the post. Once I watched this it took me about one hour to change from the 3 to the 4. When I first got the keyboard I was over whelmed and thought I would have to do everything individually. Using songbook editor made it easy. True the boards use a pointer system but with songbook editor you can move the pointer systems around.
mikey224

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John, Frans and RC....I can see it is going to be a big task. I have a Mac so the Songbook Editor will not work. It has been suggested that I buy a cheap pc, so that might be a good idea. I decided to begin the hard way and printed off the Songbook list, Which includes all of the songs I tweaked or created, and then I went through the songs that I tweaked and compared them to the 4x, to see if it has the same styles. Fortunately, many of the styles were the same except some of them changed their names (I wish they wouldn't do that!). Anyway, it took me 8 hours 😆Just to compare. Now my next task is to try to transfer some of the styles from the 3x that are not on the 4x as well as transfer from the favorites and user files. Yikes.

Anyway, thanks for your input .... have a great holiday!

Mike
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though many of the styles are the same, the Songbook entry will not pull them up unless they are in the same location. Most are not. Sad
Editor should help a lot.
Personally, I just start over. May find better styles and sounds on the new model. Certainly better sounds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: