Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to sample without multisamples

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Artcutech

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject: How to sample without multisamples Reply with quote

it seems i cannot record a sample without it being a multisample and i get these horrendous amounts of duplicates/multiples that occur where my samples(not multi samples) are saved, don’t know how to just record a single L/R input sample without using multi, and how to convert sample to program not multisample into program, it wouldn’t be so much of an issue but I just see that tons of slots are created for the multisample that are created and not used, I tried looking in the manual and will dig deeper but didn’t find a solution, thanks for any help
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are making duplicate samples that are unwanted, you can delete the ones you don't want or need. This will 'clean-up' space in your K and give you more memory. I'm curious, have you watched this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaRY7SvVTZU
Artcutech

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon2e wrote:
If you are making duplicate samples that are unwanted, you can delete the ones you don't want or need. This will 'clean-up' space in your K and give you more memory. I'm curious, have you watched this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaRY7SvVTZU

Hi there

Yes I watched that video and it only describes how to sample from the inputs by creating a new multi sample, the problem is I am not creating the duplicates but they are automatically being created. So in sampling, Ms is always at the top, there’s no way to deactivate it, and as soon as I make one L/R input sample, 15 additional ones are created 16 samples total, 8L and 8R all with the same name. Nothing in that video shows anything about sampling without Multisample, when I go to save sampling data it saves 16 samples by the same name. And 10 L/R samples comes to 160 sameples being listed in the data. Simply drives me crazy.

So I’m trying to figure out how I can make one sample, and house it as one sample, or 2, one left and one right if the Kronos can’t make itself save a stereo sample as one. So when I look in the Multi samples storage one sample is listed as 2 left and right, fine, but when dig deeper into samples each multisample has generated 8L and 8R slots, deleting 15 unnecessary slots each time would be extremely annoying
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll try and help you, but I’m not looking at my K right now. I don’t remember ever seeing 16 samples after recording a single sample. Anyway, sounds like you’re okay with the sampling setup so I’ll skip ahead. After you have recorded your sample, try looking for it under ‘sample’, not MS. When you see it, you can assign it to a sample index number. Find an open slot so you don’t overwrite something. I think (I’m doing this from memory) from the top right dropdown (v) index you can convert it to a program if you want to. Don’t forget to do a ‘save all’’ to your disc before you power off. Then later you can use your single sample to create a MS. You should be able to play the sample on lo C.

I want to add another idea. When you’re getting set up to record your sample, you might be setting up the K to record across all of the zones. I only use low C for creating a single sample.

Last edited by Falcon2e on Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Artcutech

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sup falcon, thanks for taking the time to help

Cause what happens is when I record and look for the sample in the indexes there’s 16 of them and there’s never a way for there not to be a m/s up top

I’ll try what you suggested when I get home and try and sample from the inputs then go directly to the indexes and find the sample, I think what I’ve been doing wrong is creating a multisample each time as the video shows and not seeing a way to choose individual sample kind of threw me off, as there always seems to be a multisample up top referenced, I’ll try not messing or touching the m/s slot and straight record then look in the indexes, I’m sure it’ll work haha, thanks falcon
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just added an idea to my last post.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thought Artcutech, you will see Multisample on the sample page. But you can assign MS to play a single sample.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Multisample use the CUT command to get rid of all the other index zones. You want to have only one index, where the sample stretches across all keys.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That’s great info too Mike
Artcutech

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Falcon and Mike!

i was able to cut the indexes down to one and now able to not have duplicate samples slots generate, except when doing a time slice and haven't found away to stop multiples of multiples to stop, for instance

i sample a drum break, everything's good and i change the multi-sample and sample name according to the break for reference, i only have 1/1 indexes, after this point i've tried every which way to only have each slice generate it's sample but it seems to happen 8 times for each, so slice 1 has 8, slice 2 has 8 and so on. And also before the time slice i take the break and convert M/S to program to have a place to save the slice, so now the program is called Drum Slice 1 and it's in user UG001-Drum slice 1, everything's great and i should be able to add ksc and have this sucker load and be usable upon start up, but it's not in slice mode yet, Btw i've tried slicing first then m/s to program but it doesn't work that way and you need a place/program to save the time slice with and i'm not tryin to clutter everything so i want it to be saved with the break program i just created, thats why i made/converted m/s first and then went back to slice, as soon as i save the time slice with the program i just made which is called Drum slice 1, it changes the name of the program to new_sample______00000306 or something and now i'm also now the proud owner of 48 or so slice samples when there's actually only 6 slices that occurred

So the program name seems to change even though it asks me what program i would like to save the slices WITH and not OVER, and there doesn't seem to be anyway for me to name this group of slices where it asks me what program to save with, the original source is called Drum Slice 1 which is what the program i'm saving with is called, but it seems to morph into new_sample______00000306 and also generate 7 duplicates even when there's only 1 index in the place there being sliced from

what i'm trying to do is build up an arsenal of lethal samples on load up that i can add or remove from KSC auto load as to really be able to use these converted sample programs with maximum flexibility and i feel if 48 sample are being generated from the time slice of 6 slices i know i'm doing something wrong. i'll try more stuff in the morning and i watched a youtube video where a guy said something about setting to patten and not midi track in the save with program box after slicing but haven't messed with too many settings as i don't know if that will fix the multiples and stop the programs name from being overridden from UG01- Drum slice 1 to UG01- new_sample______00000306, i actually prob could live the with the sudden program name change but the clutter of slice samples is hard too.

But the standard sampling works great now! auto loaded and saved clutter free!

Just want to reiterate that the indexes are at 1/1 in the m/s i am slicing, thanks
Artcutech

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i found out how to change the program name which is good

What I realized happens is that new indexes are created upon slice you can see them all right there, they are not in the range of the slices but immeadiatley after, I’ll try spreading the range so they have no place to be as I don’t see a way to get rid of them, (I’m not currently by my Kronos) but it seems that they are generating a group of samples per index and there’s a grip of indexes after the range slice

The workaround in my head would be saving the multisample pre-time slice and having it ksc auto load, and I could just go in and slice each time I needed to use the break, the samples would be generated and I could save whatever I was doing in a save all in disk mode, but wouldn’t have the clutter of all the dang multiple slices every single time but only when using the break, but the break itself would be auto loaded as a 1 index multisample so that I may call it up at any point. I would like to get to a place where I could just have the break saved and the samples generate being limited to one each and not 8 each

Btw each time i add to my assortment of samples I’m trying to figure out the best way to save the add on(new samples) and if I go to disk and save all I’m just creatingdoubles + whatever’s new each time, which wouldn’t be a problem if I could just overwrite but can’t because if I do the auto-load ksc that I made previous will be lost, so what I’ve been doing is just going to save sampling data, and choosing the new samples and saving them in their own folders in disk menu and creating the ksc from there, kind of becoming extremely stressful not to save only the left or right and sometimes doesn’t want to let me save the new sample L/R, it just has the option of all multisamples(which I don’t want but only the new one, also ‘all samples’ also don’t want but only the ones that are associated with the new multi/sample, or the option of choosing which seems to sometimes give me either the L or R opinion, sorry about the run on sentence, just some stuff I’m trying to figure out
Artcutech

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to get the samples down to 2 a slice, I actually think they were at two a slice but underestimated how many slices I had

saving sample data without saving all previous sample data becomes tricky and doesn’t save individual as ksc, so I’m ditching the ksc auto load and now just going to the drop down menu and load require samples
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: