Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG X3 SYSEX PRELOAD PLEASE !!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
placemat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: X3 SYSEX Reply with quote

Yes Redbeard,
I have tried absolutely everything using SYSEX files downloaded from Korg and third party sources. I set all the settings how they should be, MIDI Ox sends the files and says its successfully sent them, but the X3 is still empty.
I'm totally bamboozled!
T3owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redbeard25 wrote:
Is there some magic combination of things that have to happen in order for the keyboard to be in "receive" mode?

I presume this is the file you downloaded:
http://i.korg.com/uploads/Download/USA_X3_Factory_SysEx_Preload.zip

If so, there's a readme.txt file in it. That file explains how to set up the X3 so that it can receive the preload data. Once that's done, X3_All_DATA.syx "Restores all X3 settings to the factory defualt."

If that doesn't work correctly, the problem may be the quality of whatever MIDI interface you're using. Some inexpensive ones are incapable of sending SysEx messages of any significant length.

Let us know how it goes.
KeyboardPros

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject: This works! ... No need to convert anything Reply with quote

Redbeard25 wrote:
Placemat, I'm in the same boat. I got the preload from the Korg support site: http://i.korg.com/SupportPage.aspx?productid=630

However, using Sysex Librarian - https://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/ I can't get my keyboard to receive the message.

Is there some magic combination of things that have to happen in order for the keyboard to be in "receive" mode?

The manual doesn't seem to be of any help. http://i.korg.com/uploads/Support/X2_X3_Reference_Guide_634732831783630000.pdf

Am I missing something?

Hi there.

Please try these steps, I used MidiOX. Also NOT all MIDI interfaces work with vintage boards, please AVOID the USB to MIDI cables.

This info is on the txt file on the official download link from KORG

"
To load a file, you will need to enable the receipt of system exclusive data on the X3. You may also need to turn off memory Protections. Follow the instructions below.

1. Press GLOBAL.

2. Press the CURSOR UP button 7 times to get to the screen entitled "3D FILTER2"
The second line will show "CTRL:ENA EX:DIS" with the "ENA" flashing.

3. Press the CURSOR RIGHT button to select the "EX:DIS" option. "DIS" should now be flashing.

4. Press the UP/YES button to change "EX:DIS" to "EX:ENA".

5. The X3 memory protection settings are located in the next three pages of the GLOBAL mode. Use the CURSOR UP button to select the PROGRAM, COMBINATION, and SEQUENCE protect pages, and use the VALUE buttons to set each to OFF.

6. Use your MIDI software to send the sysex file to the X3.
The bottom line of the display should read "Processing..." while the data is being sent.
"

It's also recommended to initialize (Power Up holding ENTER and CURSOR DOWN)

Hope this helps!

Happy Holidays to all!

W

PD/ Sorry
T3owner wrote:
had only the older posts page and didn't see the page where you had the solution posted already.

Embarassed Embarassed
T3owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: This works! ... No need to convert anything Reply with quote

KeyboardPros wrote:
PD/ Sorry
T3owner wrote:
had only the older posts page and didn't see the page where you had the solution posted already.

Embarassed Embarassed

No problem. Either Redbeard25 hasn't seen either of our messages, or doesn't feel the need to acknowledge assistance.

Such a lack of response has become all too common. I don't think I'm going to bother with this forum anymore. I have better things to do with my time than to waste it here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: