Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Owner hunting down Korg D32XD recorder.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewTheKeyboardGuy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Kronos Owner hunting down Korg D32XD recorder. Reply with quote

Hi folks.

I'm really sorry to post this here as it's not an actual kronos matter, though both of my Kronos units will be used with this. As there's no Korg digital mixer / workstation part of the forum I hope this post would find the right spot.

I am frantically searching for a Korg D32XD hard disk hercorder within the EU / UK in full running condition, ideally expanded with the extra channel and compressor boards where possible. The reason for this request is complex but this is the system I need.

Long story short, some might know already, I lost my father back in December 2017 (1st anniversary and it's hard). When he passed, there was an issue with the house, caused by our bank, so, due to issues with the bank, I had to close my studio down completely, a tailored protools HD rig with tons of hardware, including a Korg D32XD which was used for location work, as well as various korg workstations, etc. all sold to a clearing company to raise funds for the house, paid to the bank, months later to be told we didn't need to do this, yet thanks for the gift. which meant that legal proceedings were being taken to recover what was owed to me, only receiving 1/3 of what was owed. that allowed me in November to purchase both kronos rigs as that was the only viable solution I could find for my needs without going back to a Protools environment. I've no intention for the foreseeable future in going back to a computer based rig so am not looking to take on a laptop or tower, software, etc.

So, I'm frantically searching for a D32XD in fully running condition, no faults, no damages, within the UK / EU. my budget is about £900 including shipping. I've spent time searching ads, placing ads, etc and getting nowhere.

Please could anyone help? This is the only system which will work for me for the functions I need. I had considered a Tascam SX1 or Akai DPS24 but so far the machines I've spent time checking over have been abused and sellers want daft prices for damaged equipment.

If this is in the wrong place, I'm very sorry,.

Wishing you all a rather late happy christmas and a joyful new year.

lew
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the link to where Korg D3200 topics post.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=16

Good luck finding a good one. The D32xd is a 15 year old model.
I would also look into availability of parts and repairs.
Parts and repairs in case you find only damaged versions or a good one that quickly goes bad.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only the D3200 which I don't use anymore

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
LewTheKeyboardGuy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kronoSphere wrote:
I have only the D3200 which I don't use anymore

Hi there,

thanks for your offer, sadly it needs to be the D32XD for fader automation / expanded recording needs.

cheers

lew
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You own a Kronos!!!

Other than perhaps wanting 32 Audio tracks,what would you need with the D32XD that you can't already do on Kronos???

I had the D16XD,as great as it is I sold it as I didn't really need it,Given that Kronos has the same Audio recording facilities

You'll have a hard time finding a D32XD secondhand,let alone a D16XD,they didn't sell particularly well,and Korg ditched it very quickly,It was a risky move for them at a time when most people have unlimited audio options on computers,D32's are rare as hens teeth I've only seen a handful of them on Ebay in the past decade and even less common to find them fully expanded with the Expansions fitted(AIB8 ACB8/ADAT)

Last edited by Kontrol49 on Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
LewTheKeyboardGuy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:
You own a Kronos!!!

Other than perhaps wanting 32 Audio tracks,what would you need with the D32XD that you can't already do on Kronos???

I had the D16XD,as great as it is I sold it as I didn't really need it,Given that Kronos has the same Audio recording facilities

I rely on motorised faders and tactile control for recording and editing work as I have particular "needs" hence requiring a digi console for recording / editing.

As the kronos can't give me tactile feedback of scene / mix automation for mixdown, that's what I need.

lew
media-igor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos Owner hunting down Korg D32XD recorder. Reply with quote

I have a Korg D32XD with all the options
LewTheKeyboardGuy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos Owner hunting down Korg D32XD recorder. Reply with quote

media-igor wrote:

Hi, sent you a P.M, please could you check you received it?

Lew
media-igor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos Owner hunting down Korg D32XD recorder. Reply with quote

LewTheKeyboardGuy wrote:
media-igor wrote:

Lew

After the holidays, I will take photos and videos if you are interested. But I live in Kazakhstan. I bought earlier on ebay. Options I bought separately.
LewTheKeyboardGuy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos Owner hunting down Korg D32XD recorder. Reply with quote

media-igor wrote:
LewTheKeyboardGuy wrote:
media-igor wrote:

Lew

After the holidays, I will take photos and videos if you are interested. But I live in Kazakhstan. I bought earlier on ebay. Options I bought separately.

Thank you kindly for your response. Due to you being outside of the EU and your voltage for the machine, importing this to the UK will be very costly and difficult with customs matters.

Thank you kindly for your offer though.

lew
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's one for sale here in Ireland from a guy I've purhcased gear before from.

https://www.adverts.ie/recording-equipment/korg-d32-xd/16416131

I bought a Virus Ti2 from him directly and would recammend him as a seller and good guy. As part of a different deal between him and another guy who wanted my OASYS, I also ended up with his Integra 7 and Motif.

He really looks after his gear. Anything I ever ended up with was in mint condition.

Regards
Sharp.
LewTheKeyboardGuy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
There's one for sale here in Ireland from a guy I've purhcased gear before from.

https://www.adverts.ie/recording-equipment/korg-d32-xd/16416131

I bought a Virus Ti2 from him directly and would recammend him as a seller and good guy. As part of a different deal between him and another guy who wanted my OASYS, I also ended up with his Integra 7 and Motif.

He really looks after his gear. Anything I ever ended up with was in mint condition.

Regards
Sharp.

Sharp, you're a life saver. Just registered with the site, didn't realise it's Ireland only, but have messaged your contact and found your message on the ad letting him know I am searching for this. Hopefully he gets in touch, if so, I'm fixed up, fingers crossed. You're a life saver.

There is one on ebay for sale but seller is difficult to communicate with, constant issues his end, etc. so pulled out.
unrepentant42

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with your search as finding a D32XD won't be easy especially anyone that is willing to post one! I read your comments on the Irish listing and I think you were incredibly rude to the seller who was very clear on Cash on Collection only. Your attitude won't help your quest I'm afraid. I feel for your situation but being plain rude wasn't necessary. If you don't have the ability to collect a suitable machine, have you not got friends or family that can jump in a car for you? If you want one so much and you can give them some fuel money. If I had anything worth around £1000 that I was selling, I'd never settle for anything less than cash on collection.

If you look down the buy and sell section about a year ago, there was a guy selling one and didn't get a response.
richbaxter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the guy selling one that you mentioned Unrepentant42 and me and Lewis have already spoken. Its frustrating as I just don't want to post it but i know how much Lewis needs it.....more so then i need it thats for sure. I just updated my advert but i'm still 50/50.

Lewis is a good guy as I've spoken a lot to him. He is just frustrated as been messed about quite a bit....probably by myself too as I've been so indecisive but i can't post this. I'd be ever so uncomfortable about that.

Cheers
Rich
LewTheKeyboardGuy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richbaxter wrote:
I'm the guy selling one that you mentioned Unrepentant42 and me and Lewis have already spoken. Its frustrating as I just don't want to post it but i know how much Lewis needs it.....more so then i need it thats for sure. I just updated my advert but i'm still 50/50.

Lewis is a good guy as I've spoken a lot to him. He is just frustrated as been messed about quite a bit....probably by myself too as I've been so indecisive but i can't post this. I'd be ever so uncomfortable about that.

Rich, it's not you he's referring to mate. it's a chap in Ireland where the issue is, You and I have communicated privately, so the poster above you would not have known about our conversations, the issue concerns a chap who I was referred to by a contact on here, this chap received a message from me requesting some details and a little help / decency, his response ignored my queries and was just a one liner cash on collection., I then responded quite fairly on this matter and made a valid point.

I did not ask for someone to openly verbally"discipline" me over my response, however, had the response been a little more decent, fair enough.

As I say, don't worry, it's not you the issue was with here. you and I are good and glad I helped you modify your machine for use.

lew
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: