Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

G1 Air: Line Out not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluesaintg1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: G1 Air: Line Out not working Reply with quote

I'm trying to connect an external headphone amp and doesn't seem to work. When I use the same cable and connect to the headphone output it works so i know my cable and system is working. Any trick to get lineout working?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which headphone amp are you using?
bluesaintg1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
Which headphone amp are you using?

I tried using both my ican pro: https://ifi-audio.com/products/pro-ican/

and new favorite for transporting, the Loxjie P20: https://www.amazon.com/LOXJIE-Balance-Amplifier-Headphone-Power/dp/B07H5JLD2Q

again both amps works just fine with the same stereo mini to RCA cable when i plug into the G1 Air's headphone output. Plugging into lineout doesn't.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curiously, manuals for both of these headphone amplifiers do not give any figures for input impedance in the specification section, which seems to be a bit of an omission. The G1 Air user manual does not give figures for the impedance of the Line outs, either. Historically, Line In and Line Out were specified at 600 ohms for professional audio equipment, but this seems not to be strictly adhered to in modern equipment. A large impedance mismatch, where the Line Out impedance of a sound source was high and the Line In impedance of an amplifier was low, would lead to quiet audio, but not to zero audio, which seems to be the case here, so suspect a faulty Line Out on the G1 Air.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: