Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your very first synth
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What was your very first SYNTH ?
Arp
4%
 4%  [ 12 ]
Moog
8%
 8%  [ 23 ]
Korg
39%
 39%  [ 103 ]
Roland
17%
 17%  [ 47 ]
Oberheim
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Yamaha
22%
 22%  [ 59 ]
Kurzweil
0%
 0%  [ 2 ]
Fairlight
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kawai
4%
 4%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 262

Tom 62

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casio CZ-101
NormC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg DW6000 was my first. Alesis QS6.1 was second. Now I have a Kronos 2 73!

Last edited by NormC on Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
fcoulter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: PAIA not on list Reply with quote

My first synth was a home built PAIA string machine. But if you're limiting yourself to the manufacturers on the list, it was a Yamaha DX-7.

But earlier I had access to various synths. My dad composed electronic music back when you cut up and re-spliced tapes, so he really embraced synths. Generally he home built modular synths, but we had a Polymoog and some sort of small Korg around the house. We also got an Arp Odyssey that some band had tossed around the stage, which ended up with a stuck key. They gave it to my Dad, who took it apart and added patch points and a divider circuit. Sold that sucker to some local community college.
Aziz1008

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First was First Austria MC-6A for 100$, and then Farfisa toy keyboard and then Casio CtK-671.))

http://weltenschule.de/TableHooters/Fujitone_6a.html

This cheap FM keyboard comes with different branding names, mine was First Austria.. I also have found some undocumented feature of this keyboard, allowing to go beyond presets and synthesize many different sounds - when dual mode is on, first and second sounds produce dual sound as expected, but if you select third it FM modulates the previous selected sound producing unexpected results.
Current hardware: Kronos-1 61+1GB RAM+2nd HDD 320 Gb, Triton Extreme 76+MOSS+RAM+dual microSD to CF adapter+64 Gb microSD card, Roland GW7, Casio WK-3300, Casio CTK-631, Farfisa child synth, laptop HP Envy dv7 16Gb ram, Core-i7, 128 SSD+720 GB HDD, E-MU 0202 USB Audio Interface.
Midi: M-Audio Keystation Pro 88, E-MU X-Board 61, launchpad mini, 3 Korg nano controllers, AKAI LPD+LPK, Behringer C2000.
My Kronos wish-list: www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=661561#661561
Rashk

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first gear was a Roland MC 303, but I guess this doesn't count as a real synth. Then my first synth was a Virus A.
fcoulter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamaha DX7.

Let's not count the PAIA String Ensemble I built, or the keyboards that my father owned, some of which he built. This is the first one I paid for and owned without adding solder burns to my clothing.
drb32856

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARP Axxe! I really loved the sound and ease of programming that baby. I could do my whole gig changing sounds on the fly with no problems. It came (due to a promotion) with a free Anvil road case. Plus it was more affordable than the minimoog , which I lusted after to this day lol.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An MS-20 in 1988. I was 15 and got it through a trade with a friend. That and a copy of Burnt Weeny Sandwich for a small amount of pot. He had been given both recently and thought the synth was broken as he couldn't make it play a note. He also didn't like Frank Zappa and I did. Got the synth playing a tune a short time while still at my friend's house. He was a bit annoyed but said that since I made it work and I like "Pink Floyd and all that 70's stuff" I should have it really. I have both still, but dunno what happened to my mate. He was last seen in a drum circle....

I then got an M1 three years later and promptly sent it thought the MS-20's external processor, heheh. I hated the M1's drums and they could only be assigned to the main outputs, so I ended up creating an instrument patch that was a drumkit so I could assign it to outs 3/4. Then I could run them into the MS-20 and have something that sounded bit like the M1's drums but good! At that stage I also had a friends Akai sampler with these two sliders for start and end points that was dirty as. Spent a bit of time pretending I was Art Of Noise. Fun times making do with what I had.
arc1953

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poly-800. I still have it.
iowagold
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: arp 2600 Reply with quote

arp 2600 was mine....
state of the art small when they first came out....
the next one i built from scratch parts. modular.
Current Gear: korg m3 expanded radias firewire 88 key Radias r on mat, korg radias r on mat on 61 key bed, Korg triton rack w 96mb ram scsi port, 5) korg RADIAS-R on big rack, korg kaossilator pro plus, 6) roland integra7, 4 Roland sc55, 2 roland sb55, 5) fostex 2016, behringer fx2000, 2) roland a800 pro, 2) roland a88 and 2) a49, roland juno, Doepfer MAQ 16/3, 2 Manikin Electronic Schrittmacher, most soft synths. cake walk all old and new versions.
3 schecter guitars, 3 elevenracks, most mxr effects, 2 zoom r24, avid pro tools 11.
MRT midi Breath Controller. 6 studio rooms.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:51 am    Post subject: Re: arp 2600 Reply with quote

iowagold wrote:
arp 2600 was mine....
state of the art small when they first came out....
the next one i built from scratch parts. modular.

Did you use it to communicate with an alien mothership?
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
timesnothing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moog Prodigy
Great little 2 oscillator synth, with that moog sound.
Sorry, I ever parted with it.
Shouldn't have took notice of the drummer, complaining I was taking to long changing patches, between songs.
Resulted in trading it in for a yamaha DX21. At that time I was using a yamaha Cp30 stage piano and a yamaha SS30 string machine.

Swapped the CP30 for a Yamaha Pf15.

Sold the lot, for a Roland A90EX.
Sold the Roland, for a Yamaha motif XS8.
Sold the above, for a Korg Kronos 88.

Happy with the kronos, apart from the weight.

Just thought, my very first stage piano was the Crumar Roadrunner.
Nice to see Crumar making a comeback in 2018.

Last edited by timesnothing on Thu May 03, 2018 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kishonadish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Your very first synth Reply with quote

runningman67 wrote:
The 'how old are you' poll seemed to bring some nostalgia out in some ofus. Especially the 'middle aged ones like me Shocked

I put 'OTHER' in but ran out of lines Rolling Eyes
Hope you don't mind this new poll.

You can put the actual synth model in a thread. Up to you.

Cheers.

Roland XP50 and I've still got it. Beaten about, bits falling off, but there's some cracking sounds on it!.....Not as good as my Kronos though!
CGoodhines

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Roland Sh-1000 that sat atop my Roland Pianet T that kicked everything off. But the Summer I got out of High School, I bought 2 Prodigies, a Hammond M-3, Arp Omni2, a Pianet Clavinet Duo, And by the end of the Summer......a BIROTRON. Yes, one of less than 30 ever made. Subject of phone calls and emails from none other than Rick Wakeman. Turned out to be the one he liked the most, but was pretty much tossed out by Klaus Schulze and I wound up with it. Wound up with my name on Wikipedia even. (It's in Arizona now, in a keyboard museum)
wpostma

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

casio, baby

Warren Canada
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: