Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos remote.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Kronos remote. Reply with quote

How good is the kronos remote ipad app?
Its kind of expensive to just buy at €35

Do you think it will allow me to controll the Kronos like a rack?
Meaning i can play it from a nord stage while it stands vertically in the corner of my room, by just using the ipad app and a midi/usb cable
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos remote. Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:

Meaning i can play it from a nord stage while it stands vertically in the corner of my room, by just using the ipad app and a midi/usb cable

I don't use it. Last I knew it did not have full or enough SEQ capabilities thus it did not get my interest.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos remote. Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Bachus wrote:

I don't use it. Last I knew it did not have full or enough SEQ capabilities thus it did not get my interest.

Obvious...

But then i don’t sequence on the kronos..

Can you controll karma from the ipad?
That would be more interesting toknow..
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos remote. Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
GregC wrote:
Bachus wrote:

Obvious...

I am sure folks will chime in.

I think figuring out what an app , any app , does not do, is just as important as what it does do. I suppose you researched it and have a general idea of capabilities ? Then match up capabilities/limits with your specific requirements.

Then get user feedback - which is obvious Very Happy
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos remote. Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Bachus wrote:
GregC wrote:
Bachus wrote:

Obvious...

I think figuring out what an app , any app , does not do, is just as important as what it does do. I suppose you researched it and have a general idea of capabilities ? Then match up capabilities/limits with your specific requirements.

Yes..

Problem a, the app is not well documentated on the website nor in the appstore
Problem b, its really hard to find what it can not do..

To name an example, in combi mode you can not get into karma settings..
But there is a tab with sliders, sadly cant find any pictures of this.. would like to see if this is an exact copy of the kronos controll section?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos remote. Reply with quote

[quote="Bachus"]
GregC wrote:
Bachus wrote:
GregC wrote:

Yes..

Problem a, the app is not well documentated on the website nor in the appstore
Problem b, its really hard to find what it can not do..

To name an example, in combi mode you can not get into karma settings..
But there is a tab with sliders, sadly cant find any pictures of this.. would like to see if this is an exact copy of the kronos controll section?

Sorry I wasn't much help. In my mind, if features are not defined in a product, they don't exist.

Karma, for example, is a huge feature and highly complex- Stephen is masterful at documenting, training videos, after sales support, etc etc.

So if the remote app does not tout something, its not covered. Is my reasoning.

The developer did launch it on the Kronos FB page some time ago. He was available for all questions back then. But digging up history on FB is not easy.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos remote. Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:

It is mostly a performance interface. Watch the YT videos to get an idea. It does not generate sounds and has very limited editing capabilities in Combi and program mode. It does allow you to have 2 views of a mode, such as view a set list while viewing the combi in that slot. No sequencing or sampling. It does offer a lot of set list options.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://download.daniel-luscher.de/_kronos-remote/wordpress/features/
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronnfigg wrote:

Problem is i allways end up with very specific question
Often due to how i (ab)use things like an ipad
I use my ipad as a midi router between the kronos/pa4x several modules and my mainstage/mac mini..

So one of the questions would be, does the kronos remote support virtual midi routing as used in apps like audiobus3, midiflow and Keystage?

Because if it doesn't then the app will not work for me, and i would be better off spending the money on camelot pro... if there only was a trial mode to test things out, i think a €35 app should definately have some trial..

So why is a remote so important to me... i had to lower the upper keyboard(pa4) so low that it sitting just above the kronos blocking access to the controlls.. reason, as i am getting older, fatigue wears me down when playing to long on the upper keys with my hands/arms upward..
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronnfigg wrote:

I use my ipad as a midi router between the kronos/pa4x several modules and my mainstage/mac mini..

So one of the questions would be, does the kronos remote support virtual midi routing as used in apps like audiobus3, midiflow and Keystage?

Because if it doesn't then the app will not work for me, and i would be better off spending the money on camelot pro... if there only was a trial mode to test things out, i think a €35 app should definately have some trial..

So why is a remote so important to me... i had to lower the upper keyboard(pa4) so low that it sitting just above the kronos blocking access to the controlls.. reason, as i am getting older, fatigue wears me down when playing to long on the upper keys with my hands/arms upward..
SoundQuest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
ronnfigg wrote:

I'll qualify this first by saying that its not cheap but Midi Quest for iPad does control all of the same Kronos parameters as the Windows and Mac versions of the Kronos editor including all of the Karma settings in Combi mode.

The program can access all presented CoreMIDI MIDI ports whether real or virtual so it can accept input from a range of sources, not necessarily directly from and to the Kronos.
SoundQuest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
ronnfigg wrote:

I'll qualify this first by saying that its not cheap but Midi Quest for iPad does control all of the same Kronos parameters as the Windows and Mac versions of the Kronos editor including all of the Karma settings in Combi mode.

The program can access all presented CoreMIDI MIDI ports whether real or virtual so it can accept input from a range of sources, not necessarily directly from and to the Kronos.
SoundQuest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
ronnfigg wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: