Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to make Krome the Master Clock only in Midi set up?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krome7370

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject: How to make Krome the Master Clock only in Midi set up? Reply with quote

Hello, I am new to the forum and have recently begun to use my Krome 73 as the master midi tempo clock to send out to my multiple keyboard set up.

Here is the problem: I get perfect synced timing from the Krome to all arps and sequencers in my other boards, but I everytime I play the Krome (in combi mode) I always hear either a piano, clav or bell sound underneath my layered combi which has no piano,bells or clavs. I have configured the Global Midi section of my Krome to be the master and my other keyboards are on receive. The problem is, I don't know how to just have Tempo clock sent or received over midi without send or receiving these bell, piano or clav sounds that I don't want. Can anyone help me set up my Krome to just send Master Tempo information and nothing else? Thanks, this is getting frustrating! Rolling Eyes
acev

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject: How to make Krome the Master Clock only in Midi set up? Reply with quote

I presume having the krome as the master you are only using the Midi OUT port and not the MIDI in?
Krome7370

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I am using the MIDI out port to the MIDI in of another board.
Krome7370

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyone else you might be able to help me out with this issue?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A MIDI Solutions Event Processor could be programmed to do this.

http://www.midisolutions.com/products.htm

The MIDI Solutions programming tools software can be downloaded to see what can be done with their products.
acev

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried using krome as master and midi to korg x3 in combi mode it plays ok for me, if for example I select "dynamic quality strings" it plays only the strings and the arps on the krome as it should + the sound bank I select on the korg x3, I don't hear clav, bells or piano through any of it, have you tried it with the ARPS switched off in combi mode to rule out a second ARP being picked up from another bank?
Krome7370

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Acev and Voip! Wink I appreciate your suggestions and advice. Voip, the MidiSolutions alternative seems like a good one, although I might opt for an ERM midi clock for master clock, if I cannot get this sorted out first. acev, I have had the arps on and off and the piano sounds, bells or clavs still come through! I have even changed midi channels on both keyboards to various numbers 1, 2, 3, etc. to see if the sounds were being picked up either by the Krome or my other keyboard (Yamaha) but I continue to hear those sounds underneath the combi. I can't tell if the sounds are coming from the Korg or Yamaha. When the I disconnect the midi cable and go back to "internal" setting in the global midi on the Krome everything is fine again (correct combi sound is heard).
Krome7370

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sound is coming from the Yamaha Board so I guess it is a problem with the Krome receiving MIDI information not sending.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: