Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can you imagine Kronos without Karma ? Or a future "Kro
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poseidon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CharlesFerraro wrote:
The jitter issue and quite a few other things come into play when wiring data from KK to a DAW.

Did you try other means of MIDI connections, like Steinberg's MIDI interface employing their Linear Time Base technology.

Each case is different of course. When comes to mine ( macOS,Logic, Motu, Mac Pro), after pain staking investigations,I concluded that any MOTU MIDI interface with MIDI Time Stamping works twice better than Kronos USB. Since I made a switch I hear and see improvements.
Poseidon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
I have had Cubase and an Audio interface set up on my macbook for several months. I plan to set aside 1 month this year to get comfy with Cubase and song recording.

Great news! Give a try!

In case you make a switch to new SNG format,
Make sure your DAW is right for you, there are others as well.
You see I started with Cubase ( era of Mac Classic ), then switched to Digital Performer, and today I am using Apple’s Logic ( Final switch! Logic for me is a winner due to marvellous optimisations and stability) As you can see I had 3 painful transitions, that contradict my theory mentioned above that External Sequencer is the only mean to preserve SNG format.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: