Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Screen for next model replacing the PA4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerekB

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject: Screen for next model replacing the PA4 Reply with quote

Hello,
Have just been looking at the Ketron SD9 and SD90 keyboard and module.
I would suggest that Korg have a look at these as the 7" touch screens are absolutely brilliant. The instruments are clearly defined as are the rest of the graphics and in brilliant colour. Korg have a lot to learn about screens and graphics and looking at the Ketron would be a good place to start. If Ketron can produce something as good as this which in my opinion is the best of any keyboard anywhere that I have seen, why can't Korg ?
regards,
Derek B
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Korg can.
Let's face it, Yamaha have only just discovered touch screens and joysticks after 30+ years of arrangers - Korg are way ahead already and I cannot imagine their next model to have nothing less than updated hardware.

Time will tell of course.....

Personally, I have absolutely no problem with my current PA4X with regard to hardware (let alone the rest of it).

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
the_boss81

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg has touch screens about 20 yaers earlier than Ketron or Yamaha - I will say don't worry about Korg Wink
export-B

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly like that. Fast food versus specialties. What anybody wants. And forgive my remarks. Genos is just Tyros5 on steroids. It's got my buddy and I admit he did not convince me. In addition, there are many keyboards on the market, and everyone takes what he thinks best for him. Frothing around which brand is better is completely unnecessary. I'm happy to expect news from Korga.
Polysix, Poly 800, DW6000, DW8000, DS8, M1, PA1X Pro, PA2X Pro, Kronos X 61, PA3X Pro, PA3X LE, PA700, PA4X 76, PA1000, Kronos SE and now Nautilus 73 and Casio PXS3000, Cubase 12, NI Ultimate 12, Komplete Kontrol S49,ReFX 3.0,Roland FR1X.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Screen for next model replacing the PA4 Reply with quote

DerekB wrote:
.. touch screens are absolutely brilliant ...

If the touch screens of Pa-Keyboards would be as brilliant as Ketrons that would be gratifying.

Frothing is as unnecessary as to mention "fast food versus specialities". Even they differ from each other by some characteristics, all arrangers of the top league seems to be of high quality - none of brands seems to be fast food.

Also if Korg has touch screens about 20 years earlier than Ketron or Yamaha, they can think and worry about to improve the user interface.
When designing displays, one does not necessarily have to rely on scientific investigations, whether dark font with a bright background or bright font on a dark background is better suited for a working environment, but can test this yourself. Take a negative from the images (or change colors) of your Pa-displays (or other brands) and decide for yourself which one seems to be better for usage.

You will see that Korg already has a bit of catching up to do after a twenty-year lead in the graphic design of displays for its arrangers. It is ok that each operating mode is marked with a different color code , but if the graphic layout could be designed as much as possible by the user, maybe this would help if you were not satisfied with it until now. I'd prefer the display of menues of StylePlay and SongPlay represented in negative and would like better resolution of the textfonts.

I do not need a nice or spectacular display (detailled large-scaled icons), but primarily it must be well suited for operations. For me these characteristics meet the Korg display, although above all, the font can be better represented. It does not have to be in capital letters (as with Ketron), but with a better resolution, so that the letters are better legible than with the currently rough grid of the font. If the touch screens of Pa-Keyboards would be as brilliant as Ketrons.

PS: If operations with displays are better in positive or negeative representation depends from the environment. An example of this is the operation of a navigation device, which is better operated by day in positive representation and by night better in negative representation - the same applies to keyboard displays.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
export-B

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I was not well understood. I wanted to say precisely that there are many keyboards on the market, which are all in the highest quality. Even smaller brothers (PA700, S775, ...) are actually very, very professional keyboards. Well, a good musician needs little to create good music ...
Polysix, Poly 800, DW6000, DW8000, DS8, M1, PA1X Pro, PA2X Pro, Kronos X 61, PA3X Pro, PA3X LE, PA700, PA4X 76, PA1000, Kronos SE and now Nautilus 73 and Casio PXS3000, Cubase 12, NI Ultimate 12, Komplete Kontrol S49,ReFX 3.0,Roland FR1X.
the_boss81

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not understand why people need a realy big LCD? Whant you photos of instruments like by Ketron? I do not need it. I need just a music machine, not a multimedia machine for graphics, films etc.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject: size of arrangers display Reply with quote

the_boss81 wrote:
I do not understand why people need a realy big LCD? Whant you photos of instruments like by Ketron? I do not need it. I need just a music machine, not a multimedia machine for graphics, films etc.

You really get no mm-machine with 7" display next your arranger keyboard!

Size of display depends on personal needs and how to use a tool - anyway in order to make the font more brilliant, better resolution would be desirable.

In Songplay and Styleplay, the seven-inch display may be sufficient for displaying the settings and values of function groups. If you also want to use the display for song lyrics, chords and notes, then the display itself is far to small - 19" would be beneficial in some case also without grafics and fotos.

If you use different tools (sampler, sound editor, song editor, style editor), the display could also be slightly larger, in order to be able to edit numerous parameters clearly summarized on one page without having to scroll pages.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: