Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RPPR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RST

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:45 am    Post subject: RPPR Reply with quote

RPPR
Is it possible to assign 2 or more phrases to the same trigger key?
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: RPPR Reply with quote

RST wrote:
RPPR
Is it possible to assign 2 or more phrases to the same trigger key?

I almost replied thinking i was sure of what i was talking about, but then i realized that each pattern is attached to a track and the program assigned to it.
Also, the key assignment is a pairing of keys with User pattern slots for RPPR. The patterns played are made in a sequencer track and then stored in the user pattern and then triggered by a key assigned.
So you should try to assign a single key to multiple user patterns and see what you get.
If that does not work, you can overdub your various track patterns into one track and put that to a single user pattern to be triggered by a single key, but then you lose the multiple program sounds that comes with multiple tracks, and that is no good if each pattern part needs its own program sound.

But still not the end of the road where resample is concerned.
You can resample your multipattern play via multiple keys assigned to trigger the play.
Resample that and make it into a program that you put to a track in Sequencer and then play it as you need into the track, store it in RPPR user pattern and assign the pattern to a single key for trigger.

Let me know if the single key can assign to multiple user patterns of RPPR.
I never tried it with my 100 RPPR user pattern options and 88 keys.
I barely use up to 6 patterns at a time and that is easy to manage with each getting their own key. So i never had reason to think to try multiple patterns assigned to a single key.

Either way, there is a way to get multiple patterns layered and triggered by one key, even if you have to go the resample route, resample multiple patterns playing mulitple programs, and make the resample into a single program to trigger via a single user pattern made in RPPR.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short answer: no, it's not.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: