Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA900 major Error after system update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeroboy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject: Korg PA900 major Error after system update Reply with quote

Hello Everyone

Recently I bought a Korg PA900 as a backup keyboard and installed my Korg Pa3x sets into, it was working fine until the keyboard started freezing up during performances. I thought it was be an OS and data problem so I updated the OS to 1.3 and installed the latest factory reset package. After doing this, the unit will hang at startup and give a green error text message such as :
Error: cannot create for Id 1576
Error cannot create for Id 1111
I have tried reinstalling the OS and the factory reset data but still not getting any results, please help if you have encountered this problem

Regards

Tamim
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In which os was it when it crashed?

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
pjpriyatham

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing happened to me on PA900 today, but with 3 errors (one of them 1073). And then I cycled power once without USB and it didn't occur again.
Someone on the PA3X thread said it might be due to HDD failure. Lucky for me, it's fixed when I restarted it, so I made a full resource backup immediately.

I've been on v1.20 for quite sometime and didn't make any OS updates or connect any new hardware recently.

Jeremiah

----------------------------

Korg Pa3X|Korg Pa900|M-Track Plus

Cubase 8.5 Pro|Sennheiser e935
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a reason i can't yet explain , i had this on the first week of use of my pa700 never happened again though and its been almost a year now...
I have a pa900 in for service with a similar problem but this one can't even update , it gets stuck and takes ages to do anything...
I suspected the emmc so i changed it but still the same..
Unfortunately the service manuals doesn't have the schematics of the cpu board and it is reasonably considered as not serviceable as the components are too small and the cpu with ram are stacked...

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Friends:

Aeroboy: i'm not sure that PA900 recognize PA3X sets, and if you perform a full load sets, there may be your issue.- If you have PA3x le, surely all works fine because PA900 and PA3x le have's the same architecture and OS.-
Said this, try to download original OS from Korg and install it from 0.-
If the PA900 unit was "used", perhaps there is another issue on hardware.-
Although Korg service (worldwide) is not as good as it must bee, you must go to it, they surely get a solution.-
Hopping the issue will be solved.
With regards
Eduardo
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Eduardo!
Pa900 and pa3x sets are 100% compatible (of course they have to be up to 192mb)
The only difference is that pa900 doesn't playback the compressed samples (korg decided to deactivate this although the system can handle it) but there is no problem loading them..
Also Aeroboy stated that he installed original RESET package already and after that he can no longer boot..!
I m examining a very close case...Already changed emmc, reflown cpu/ram combo, checked all resistors , and still the problem remains...Started to think it is a faulty ram chip which can't be exchanged by hand (and is very expensive to buy new so not worth the risk)...
If i come up with anything i ll update this thread..

Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Musiccankill

Thanks for upgrading my poor knowledge about hardware and OS.-
Some time ago i've a PA3x le, but not enough time because Korg lauch PA4x and i went for it.- I don't know that both PA3x PA900 and PA3x can handle the same sets.- Thanks again to show me that.-
I hope the problem could be solved by Korg technicians (if they want).- Korg service in my country sucks, the same as unestable energy, so one of the best invest i do is a good UPS APC.-
With regards.
Eduardo
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is my pleasure to help the members here.
Well most of the hardware faults are not related to the power input of the KORG arranger...
The Power supply unit in all latest (even older ones but don't know since which gen) korg synths/arrangers is switching mode which means the output is stable no matter what the input is..Even when they fail, the output drops either lower or to 0.There are no cases that the power can get higher and so do damage to the circuit if a switching mode power supply has been designed correctly.
So using a ups only prevents data loss if you haven't saved and in a live situation can help not having to wait for a reboot in case of a power cut..
Yes the psu could get faulty if the power gets too high or if it jumps around all the time but still it wouldn't cause any damage to the rest of the keyboard!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: