Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos SE
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
darwinwiebe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:15 am    Post subject: Kronos SE Reply with quote

They've announced it!

Damn, that looks sharp in red!!!

https://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/kronos2/#se
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice, but can you turn it on without getting 'failure messages' ? Wink

darwinwiebe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
Looks nice, but can you turn it on without getting 'failure messages' ? Wink

Amazing how some are having issues with theirs. Got a K2-61 that's been residing in my truck ( I drive truck/lorry for a living) and it's never failed to start up. I mess with it when I can find some time.
xp50player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the Italian grand will be available in the Korg Shop. Is not yet.
darwinwiebe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xp50player wrote:
I wonder if the Italian grand will be available in the Korg Shop. Is not yet.

I can't find EXS 272, either.
rpowell01

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh well just another release I'm not going after. I just do not believe Korg should be doing this, re-releasing the same board STILL 32bit software when they can EASILY go 64bit. And before you say it would take a long time and its time consuming Korg should get a hold of many software companies and find out what software they use to covert their software to 64bit. Most people do not even realize they use software to recode form 32bit to 64bit when its needed.

Give us 64bit and I will buy another Korg Kronos, is not then they can keep it...Korg is way behind IMHO...
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very handsome. I'm hoping this means an across the board OS update of some sort.
Gunnar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Conway wrote:
Very handsome. I'm hoping this means an across the board OS update of some sort.

Mmm, a new release like this, though it is a rehash of the current hardware, certainly implies that an OS update is not impossible..

It also implies that the Kronos is not about to go out of production in the immediate future, no?
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpowell01 wrote:
oh well just another release I'm not going after. I just do not believe Korg should be doing this, re-releasing the same board STILL 32bit software when they can EASILY go 64bit. And before you say it would take a long time and its time consuming Korg should get a hold of many software companies and find out what software they use to covert their software to 64bit. Most people do not even realize they use software to recode form 32bit to 64bit when its needed.

Give us 64bit and I will buy another Korg Kronos, is not then they can keep it...Korg is way behind IMHO...

Way behind because it's 32 bit? How many bits is the Montage? Mod-X? Genos?

As far as I know, the processor in the Kronos doesn't support 64 bit. Apart from hosting more sample memory, what advantage would 64 bit provide?

I wouldn't be surprised if an OS update is announced in the very near future in any case.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpowell01 wrote:

As far as I know, the processor in the Kronos doesn't support 64 bit. Apart from hosting more sample memory, what advantage would 64 bit provide?

I wouldn't be surprised if an OS update is announced in the very near future in any case.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's about time we start a thread for NAMM 2020 rumors. Anyone?

LewTheKeyboardGuy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah yes, as I thought, a re-release of the kronos 2 in red, just with the italian grand library (not available yet on korg shop) and what I believe is the EXS19 private collection loaded. It doesn't say that but based on this extract, I'd believe it is...

"KApro Showcase

This includes orchestral strings that sing with emotion, as well as brass, woodwinds, choir, and phrases. It's a showcase of sounds from KApro, who has developed more than 100 titles of Korg sound libraries. This collection will be a gateway for you to further expand your sonic variety.

KApro
Kurt Ader: founder and sound designer of KARO Sound Development, recently established his own company, KApro (“Kurt Ader Productions”), in which he will continue sound design for the KORG KRONOS and also for other KORG gear in the future. Kurt has been working very closely with Prof. Dr. Peter Jung and has now begun offering high-quality sound libraries.

* All specifications other than color, Italian piano, and KApro sounds are identical to the standard model of the KRONOS."

Red does sound nice, but I'm disappointed that there's no true evolution of the Kronos, such as has been suggested earlier, 64 bit OS to support larger RAM requirements and better processing. after all, the atom chip installed will handle 64 bit addressing.

Even the Krome has had a touch of an upgrade, not much though....

have a wonderful day folks
marc1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeedyLee:
Quote:
rpowell01 wrote:

+1

Way behind what? I seriously wonder which keyboard these guys keep comparing the Kronos to.

LewTheKeyboardGuy wrote:
Quote:
I'm disappointed that there's no true evolution of the Kronos, such as has been suggested earlier, 64 bit OS to support larger RAM requirements and better processing. after all, the atom chip installed will handle 64 bit addressing.

Simply won't happen with this generation of Kronos. If at all, it's reserved for the next generation of products after Kronos.

Quote:
Even the Krome has had a touch of an upgrade, not much though....

Not at all, technically speaking, just revamping it's sound content (like Kronos SE)
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They could have at least upgraded it to 64-bit color, instead of this very substandard 32-bit color.

But seriously, I was hopeful for a genuine upgrade to the Kronos. I've had mine since launch, which is coming up to 8 years. I want to give you my money, Korg, but you have to make products I want to buy!

jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing but a paint job, an already existing grand piano library (Grandstage), and a KA-Pro selection.
And THAT is called a Kronos Special Edition? Laughing

The last software update for the Kronos (3.0.3) has happened in July 2015, three and a half years ago. And all they have to offer up to 2019 is some red paint?

Seriously?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: