Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos SE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marc1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewTheKeyboardGuy wrote:

Quote:
why don't we as a forum of Kronos owners, sit down together… set up a poll, put together a petition to submit to Korg Japan and show that we mean business here. why don't we take the direct route? Worth a try?

Well, I don't know whether that's a good idea because it seems to be based on the assumption that Korg is fast asleep. But there are Korg representatives on this forum from time to time, listening and debating and that's already more than what you will get from other forums (remember Rolandclan?).
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the life of me, I can’t seem to track the thread down now. But I was nearly certain I’d seen a post here on this forum in the past 6 months - from a Korg employee - that indicated that Kronos firmware development was taking place and that some good stuff was coming.

Does anyone else remember that? Or was it a dream?
marc1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightbringer

I remember that too and I think it was Jack Hotop who hinted at some good stuff to come. That's one of the reasons why I'm still in a positive mood concerning Kronos.
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good - I spent some time trying to search that thread down yesterday and was starting to think my mind was playing tricks on me!

Who knows, maybe we'll see a feature presentation at NAMM 2019 on the Kronos SE, including some new OS features coming to all Kronos models. A guy can dream, right?
Pedja
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes marc1,
Jack Hotop, couple of months ago wrote, that he has finished new bank for Kronos, that would be distributed to all Kronos users, free of charge. He wrote too, that it would be a new OS update parallel (in time) with this bank. Maybe he can write something about that? It is not my intention to blame him, in any way, why this not realized (maybe it will, who knows). He is great man, musician, programmer and sound designer, and I wish him all best.
My music: https://soundcloud.com/pedjak-1
http://moca.virtual.museum/autogallery2017/autogallery_kalajdzijevic/
http://moca.virtual.museum/dablog/dablog02.htm
http://moca.virtual.museum/autogallery2019/autogallery_kalajdzijevic/
https://www.saatchiart.com/PedjaK
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back then Dan Phillips was regularly posting here, and he was a BIG help as Korg conncetion for customers, just like Rick Formidoni, or casual posts from Jerry Kovarsky and Jack Hotop. These guys were incredibly important, both for Korg development and customer relations.

The present Korg management sadly has nothing comparable to offer. Their younger Japanese team has developed some great ideas, but at the same time confused priorities and massively neglected customer relations and customer communication, in a way doing a lot of damage to the Korg company.

And when Jack Hotop has posted here so long ago about a Kronos preset bank and an OS update to come soon, he surely was confident that would happen. But obviously the present Korg management hasn't been willing or able to deliver any of that up to now.

As I said, they now made a habit of walking from one volca variation to the next instead, along with casual flagship paint jobs, and seriously think, that this is a smart way to keep long term customers, who rather want and need serious gear with proper support - old or new.
Rolling Eyes
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Back then Dan Phillips was regularly posting here, and he was a BIG help as Korg conncetion for customers, just like Rick Formidoni, or casual posts from Jerry Kovarsky and Jack Hotop. These guys were incredibly important, both for Korg development and customer relations.

ll:

From my perspective, as a long time Korg keyboard owner, we enjoyed the
'golden age ' of Korg, thanks to the talented individuals you mentioned. There
are other great names, like Skippy LeMuel[sp.?], Stephen Kay.

What a tremendous team. While there is lots of hype about change, I still think history is important.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
jimknopf wrote:

ll:

From my perspective, as a long time Korg keyboard owner, we enjoyed the
'golden age ' of Korg, thanks to the talented individuals you mentioned. There
are other great names, like Skippy LeMuel[sp.?], Stephen Kay.

What a tremendous team. While there is lots of hype about change, I still think history is important.

Thank you! Very Happy John (Skippy) Lehmkuhl is who you're thinking of.

Trinity2112
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
jackh May 1, 2018 - Without saying too much, I told a few people at Keyfest that there are going to be 3 new free downloads for the Kronos, which should be available in May & June.

KRS08-Best Of Triton - this is basically the same as the conversion files that I made for the Krome & Kross, but there are KARMA, Pad, and Drum Track assignments instead of Arp assignments - which take these sounds to a whole new level beyond the Triton!
I recommend using a Korg nanoPad to explore the Pad voicings, and 8 KARMA scenes for these programs.
Lots of cool Wavesequencing, LFO, CC, & Gated GEs!

OASYS MOD-7 Bonus Programs - 2 Program Banks of MOD-7 programs with Controller, KARMA, Pad, and Drum Track assignments.
*There are few programs that also use MOD-7 programs with other engines.

Updated Wavestation ROM & RAM 1/2/3 (from the SR).
3 Wavesequence Banks, plus 2 Program & Combi Banks from PJP.

There's a lot more on the horizon, but I'll have to kill you all if I tell.
So, keep the faith & be patient!
Smile

Current Korg Lineup: Kronos 61, Oasys 76 · M3-61/RADIAS · Trinity Plus/HDR · 01/WFD · 01R/W · X3R · M3R · Wavestation EX · Wavestation SR · Triton Rack/MOSS · Z1EX · TR-Rack · Karma · D3200 · iM1 · iWavestation · iMono/Poly
Other Synths: Berhinger Deepmind 12 · iProphet · Moog Model D
Dearly departed: X3
ITguy54

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewTheKeyboardGuy wrote:

OK, I know this is going to sound rather daft, but why don't we as a forum of Kronos owners, sit down together (a challenge in physical terms so let's not do that, unless it's the catholic church's idea of Musical Chairs) set up a poll, put together a petition to submit to Korg Japan and show that we mean business here. whether we're library developers, musicians, producers, engineers, composers, arrangers, etc, we're all part of the korg family as owners, so, why don't we take the direct route? Worth a try?

Maybe Korg is investigating the possible use of FPGA over DSPs in new development. Or maybe they’re going to use both. Or maybe they’re going to use both AND have real analog polyphonic synthesis built in as well.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewTheKeyboardGuy wrote:
[q

Kronos is rather unique in a number of ways, yep the Montage is rather new and "out there" but for me the interface is awful, it just inspires anger and a pick axe lol.

OK, I know this is going to sound rather daft, but why don't we as a forum of Kronos owners, sit down together (a challenge in physical terms so let's not do that, unless it's the catholic church's idea of Musical Chairs) set up a poll, put together a petition to submit to Korg Japan and show that we mean business here. whether we're library developers, musicians, producers, engineers, composers, arrangers, etc, we're all part of the korg family as owners, so, why don't we take the direct route? Worth a try?

Its not a bad idea. But lets see what Korg offers at NAMM , first.

February 2019 marks the 2 yr anniversary of the last OS update.

By the end of Feb, we will have enough of a 'signal' whether or not the Korg president is developing Kronos further.

And maybe we can herd all or most of the cats by March 1. Very Happy
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Trinity2112. That was the post I was looking for.

Keeping the faith here, and being patient for good stuff on the Kronos horizon!
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember rigth, 2017 saw no Korg OS update, but just a firmware update for some compatibility reasons. The last real Kronos update with updated functionality was from mid 2015, if I remember right.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

By the way, when I just wanted to check on the Korg download site, I only got an empty page with Kronos support downloads. Either they have a temporary server propbelm, or perhaps they update they content... Wink
The former is more probable.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The support site is being hammered with all the PA4X downloads going on. It is loading, just vvvv. slowly!!
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is this...the Japanese think they are Italians so they are offering an Italiano Piano with Red Tomato Sauce on it...why you all complain paizano... Liar

Eh, ahtsa matta for you...

Vas
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 5 of 16

Jump to: