Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New OS V3 due late february
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pippuzzo wrote:
Nice move from Korg, they're still working on Pa4X after 4 years from the first release and we enjoy this so much. It's kind of having my 3rd keyboard for free instead of selling and buying a new one in a soooo short span ...

It's funny starting to hear complains even before the os being released nevertheless. People is never satisfied unfortunately, sad but true.

For what I see there are some nice features, hopefully good for the average customer, some of them also for me. So far so good.

I like the video too Wink
Very good feeling today.

Cheers

1. We are all thankful to Korg and this new approach ,let's be strait about it. I am happy to, full of joy a whole day, can't wait end of february Smile.
2. Yes, people are never satisfied- some of them have point to that not being satisfied (in this particular Korg pa4x case) ,some are just not satisfied because there are people who are not satisfied with their own lives.
3. Pa4x is PRO arranger... So-Average customer (YOU) have no idea (+right) to judge someone who is using professional equipment in same purpose and if some "pro"user is complaining about something, you can maybe think with your head,and say :"hey, maybe there is something in it, but I don't understand....so I'll wrote nothing about and stay HAPPY as AVERAGE user".

No one will say anything at all if KORG officially say : "People, Pa4x have hardware limitations, we can not give you native display resolution in operational mode" or " High resolution on display will make pa4x unstable in musical way "or something....And that would be all- silence .
Pa4x HAS native display resolution in SYSTEM UPDATE mode and some Gameboy resolution when keyboard is booted into operational stage. In this new pics we clearly see that resolution is not corrected, only new GUI THEME to the existing OS.
So, we are not unthankful , just wondering.... So much effort in this, why not fix display resolution to make this product pure perfection???
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that KORG will at least double the user sound banks in V3.0 because 3GB of RAM will be useless!! I have already filled all user sound banks and still have room in RAM to load more...!!!

Regards,
Dimitris
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
TO SAM CA
Do you undarstand now what i was triying to say 4 Weeks earlier

Asena wrote:
THANK YOU ALL!
After New Year there will be another LEVEL Wink
Stay tuned, KORG is Opening a new Chapter. Very Happy

Just cut this bullshit man! I could not even understand your PMs. All I understood was that you kept saying you're the greatest keyboardist/musician ever walked on this planet. Such a Bad idea to say so much of that on a keyboard forum where half of the population could possibly eat you for breakfast! If it makes you happy, you're the one who wrote this OS.

Ok, that's it! Now with this, let the rest of us have a conversation about the new OS if you don't mind!!!

pa4x_user

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very excited about the new OS. The change to drawbar screen will be very useful to me.

Dimitris, yes more User banks would be very helpful for sure.
Songbook+ app for iPad
Cubase12 Pro DAW software
Dorico Elements 4.2 scoring software
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vex wrote:
.. people are never satisfied j... average customer have no idea (+right) to judge someone ..

In order to give myself an opinion about functions of a device, I need no division into professionals or average users and also no assessment of whether I have to be satisfied with it or not.
As Pa4x primarily is not designed primarily as song player, so finally the styleplay functions - or at least the omitted functions of previous models - should be implemented again and not be neglected.

Instrumentation of the realtime-tracks can be used in realtime via KbdSets but also variables of styletracks should be accessible in realtime via StyleSettings like it can be done with Upper/Lower.

For this the style preferences should not be memorized global but again per STS. Styles again should be possible to be switches via Kbdet sets using "StyleChange". "Original Style Sound" should be accessible not just by touch, but with button, possibly via midi-remote/Assignable Switch. SetList function should be extended via "Lock-Style" and "Lock-Style Element" should be activated to prevent automatically load of style and switch to style-element 1 if intended.

With an OS-V3.0 update I would have liked all these functions, some of which had already been realized in previous models.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
djjack

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news! Waiting...
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAM *******************

Wink

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
erwinor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two suggestions for v3

1) Give us an option for normal/dark theme...!!
2) There should be an option to delete orphan/unassigned multisamples.

Cheers.
bensel46

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic news !!!

https://www.youtube.com/user/bensel46/videos
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does pa4x considers samples assigned on pads or individual samples assigned on drumkits as unassigned or is it my idea?

I think i lost some samples once or more by trying to clear memory from unused samples....

If pa4x needs samples to be assigned on multisample only in order not to consider them as unassigned,then this is a problem.....as i say i am not sure,i have to check it....But it would be nice if pa4x was so easy tohandle sounds,multisamples and samples as korg triton does.
I mean...saving a single sound on a new set for example including multisamples and samples.

Another useful thing would be an option to turn on/off Osc's in order to hear several Osc's at once,instead of option to hear each one in Solo mode .

Last wish...i would love to see more or unlimited sounds/sts/styles since it's software based and a normal DAW editor.....imean....it's2019,right ?

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very interesting. Additional RAM doesn't magically appear unless something that was previously using that RAM no longer needs it. I wonder does this mean KORG are now streaming the factory PCM data.

Tempted to buy a Pa4X. Even to develop and sell sample libraries for it.

Regards
Sharp
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
That's very interesting. Additional RAM doesn't magically appear unless something that was previously using that RAM no longer needs it. I wonder does this mean KORG are now streaming the factory PCM data.

I've been wondering just that!!! Was waiting for the release and docs which will hopefully explain all

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Sharp wrote:

I've been wondering just that!!! Was waiting for the release and docs which will hopefully explain all

Pete Very Happy

Korg streams samples from the SSD disk. This is the same technique used in the Kronos. It's sort of virtual memory.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:

Tempted to buy a Pa4X. Even to develop and sell sample libraries for it.

Regards
Sharp

That would be very nice. Too bad there's no serial based protection system in place for arranger developers.

BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news.
1-I hope with this new OS, the Direct option can read and play sets done with samples.
2- Any news about smooth sound transition in this new OS?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: