Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New OS V3 due late february
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject: Pa4x OSv3.0 Reply with quote

BR wrote:
.. hope with this new OS, the Direct option can read and play sets done with samples. ... any news about smooth sound transition in this new OS?

The memory for User Sample is expanded to 1.5 GB - which becomes 3 GB when using fast compression algorithm.

Direct reading of user Samples with Pa-Keyboards means user samples can be loaded into internal memory, where they need to be available for use.

Direct options for reading/playing sets with samples therefore seems to be unimaginable.
In order to at least do something for soft-transition for me would be an important step forward if the SetList function does not always automatically load a new style and thus automatically switches to Style-Element1. I think that could be avoided with "LockStyle" and "LockStyleElement" to be able to realize gentler transitions.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually we were waiting for streaming from flash Ram option since 2017 ( I had written some topics those days) , concerning
both Pa4X & Pa1000 since this type of streaming mode had been applied only for factory resources since they were on circulation !
An answer for Genos competition in fact ! Wink
WavesArt libraries from Kronos were sitting for 2 years waiting for any decent Ram upgrade of Pa4X ! Very Happy

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
That's very interesting. Additional RAM doesn't magically appear unless something that was previously using that RAM no longer needs it. I wonder does this mean KORG are now streaming the factory PCM data.

Tempted to buy a Pa4X. Even to develop and sell sample libraries for it.

Regards
Sharp

Factory was always streaming!!Now they made user too!!
Very exciting!
I wonder where they found the space to store the 1.5 gb sample files in eMMC as there wasn't so much space free!!
I can only think of 1 possible solution!!Deleting the backup rom files to make space as these are not being used anyway!
We will learn more of the inside work when the os will get public!!

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
sagar ahuja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats good news, would be great if they includes some new sounds in this update
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT about Sample size than
it,s Now 15048 ,
I,m just wondering

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean the number of total samples that can be loaded given that you have free ram right?
If they haven't already , they need to update it cause with so much more memory this is really starting to be a problem now..

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
Bescki

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know the date when will be available next version? I qm visiting korg webpage every hour.... 😂😅🤣😆😃😄
Vex

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ END of February.... Now is beginning of February... Do the math Razz
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just came across this NAMM review by Korg for the forthcoming V3 update.

Not wanting to pick holes before we have even seen the update by the Korg but Rep Frank does not seem that well connected to the Pa4x. For instance he explains that the Faders can now be used to control the Drawbars ? aint we been doing that since day 1 ? He says there are a ton of new styles, looking at the styles he is showing we already have those?

The start up time has been has been greatly reduced ( I wonder how they have done this ?)

The new functionality to be able to connect devices via US such as the Korg Nano series might open up more realtime control but little detail as yet.

The new Dark theme is interesting but it would be useful to be able to revert to the V2 GUI in the event the new dark theme does'nt work for you.

Having seen whats available from the NAMM demos for me the Sample increase to 1.5 GB Uncompressed 3GB Compressed is a big plus as is the redesign of the Drawbar organ section and hopefully the tone of that section which needed fattening up in the upper ranges imho.

Great work by Korg to bring us this Major update and cannot wait to try it.
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
Vex

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drawbars.... Organs.... On Mid East, Balcan and similar markets useful as glass of water on the Sun.... You might not believe, but all those dozen piano samples-useless.... Using Sharp's piano samples( RAM) So many wasted factory ROM space.... Korg, If someone asks me, I"ll said let's concentrate on 1st better hardware, 2.nd and most important - almost complete refresh of Factory Drum kit samples, bass, acoustic and electric guitars.... My setup 90% RAM-10% ROM.... Disappointing, indeed. Looking forward to new mono /legato options, it's about damn time for that. Can't wait end of February.
Bescki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vex wrote:
Drawbars.... Organs.... On Mid East, Balcan and similar markets useful as glass of water on the Sun.... You might not believe, but all those dozen piano samples-useless.... Using Sharp's piano samples( RAM) So many wasted factory ROM space.... Korg, If someone asks me, I"ll said let's concentrate on 1st better hardware, 2.nd and most important - almost complete refresh of Factory Drum kit samples, bass, acoustic and electric guitars.... My setup 90% RAM-10% ROM.... Disappointing, indeed. Looking forward to new mono /legato options, it's about damn time for that. Can't wait end of February.

True, actually Balkan countries has more KORG arrangers than all countries in the world. So KORG must focus more in Balkan Wink
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bescki wrote:
Vex wrote:

True, actually Balkan countries has more KORG arrangers than all countries in the world. So KORG must focus more in Balkan Wink
I don't think we should exclude any customer base in are thinking...so any "Focus" should be across the board because All World Wide Customers are Equally Important.
ANAFREE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dimitris wrote:
I hope that KORG will at least double the user sound banks in V3.0 because 3GB of RAM will be useless!! I have already filled all user sound banks and still have room in RAM to load more...!!!

Regards,
Dimitris

+1

please korg we need new sound and DK bank

3GB of RAM without new user bank will be useless Sad
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANAFREE wrote:
+1

please korg we need new sound and DK bank

3GB of RAM without new user bank will be useless Sad
+1,
I think this is a must to have more User Sound/DRK slots for such an uograding memory to 3GB (compressed) feature,
specially for the musicians who work with about 90% customized samples and 10% or so with factory resources.
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly which sounds is the Pa4x missing? And Which sounds do you want?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: