Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos usb upload issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kebup

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject: Kronos usb upload issue Reply with quote

Hi all,

Recently purchased a Kronos and am having trouble uploading sounds via a USB.

HDD internal HD comes with the set I bought it with so that's all working correctly.

However when I go to the drop down box i click on my USB and the files are not showing up.

Can I have some assistance with this?

I am completely new to this so any help will be appreciated
LewTheKeyboardGuy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you are uploading to the internal HDD from a computer, you will likely encounter an issue. the way to upload data to the kronos is to use a pen drive, write the libraries etc to the usb pen drive, connect the pen drive to one of the two usb ports, go to disk mode, select the pen drive from the drive select at the bottom of the screen, make sure you're in the load tab. you can copy contents if you wish to the drive by going to the top right of your screen and bringing down the pull down menu and tappinc copy. it will then ask you where you want it to go to. then follow the instructions on screen.

it would be worth noting that if you're purchasing sound libraries from the kronos shop, grab a large enough USB pen drive and copy the installer folders to this pen drive, keep it safe and only for the kronos. the installers contain 2 main files, maybe more depending on the build of the product but the main file is the.extents file, this is the installer for linux for the kronos.

If trying to copy direct from USB from the computer to the kronos, to my understanding it won't work unless you have a support package to handle linux file systems such as Paragon utilities or similar, same for the mac.
kebup

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

I have uploaded my set but there is a whole heap of folders.

How can I just add them to the set list
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: