Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STYLE TO KBD SET

View previous topic :: View next topic  
export-B

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject: STYLE TO KBD SET Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm looking for and tucking. I checked the instructions but nothing. I am interested in the possibility to store the "STYLE TO KBD SET" position in the SongBook. Now I must to remember for each song separately what position it should be. Thanks for the reply.
Polysix, Poly 800, DW6000, DW8000, DS8, M1, PA1X Pro, PA2X Pro, Kronos X 61, PA3X Pro, PA3X LE, PA700, PA4X 76, PA1000, Kronos SE and now Nautilus 73 and Casio PXS3000, Cubase 12, NI Ultimate 12, Komplete Kontrol S49,ReFX 3.0,Roland FR1X.
export-B

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting for an answer. Any idea?
Polysix, Poly 800, DW6000, DW8000, DS8, M1, PA1X Pro, PA2X Pro, Kronos X 61, PA3X Pro, PA3X LE, PA700, PA4X 76, PA1000, Kronos SE and now Nautilus 73 and Casio PXS3000, Cubase 12, NI Ultimate 12, Komplete Kontrol S49,ReFX 3.0,Roland FR1X.
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you want to save the status of the Style to Kbd button to a song in Songbook?? I will test today, but I don’t think that is possible.

You would be better to assign the actual KBD sets you want to use to your song, and then just save the song to Songbook. Songbook will remember the keyboard sets.

Familiarise with the Songbook edit functions on p122 of User Manual for the current OS.
Songbook+ app for iPad
Cubase12 Pro DAW software
Dorico Elements 4.2 scoring software
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
export-B

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, thanks for the answer.

The problem is not that I would not be able to save a keyboard set. Sometimes the need to change the set for each variation is special, but sometimes it's better to do it manually. Here's a problem. Because of the huge parameters that need to be taken care of, I sometimes forget about this switching.

I only hope that this will be possible in the new version of the software.
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First up, yes, have confirmed you cannot save the KBD TO STYLE button status with a Songbook entry as you said.

In my case, I now program all my style songs to use the blinking mode for the STYLE TO KBD SET button (p55). But like you, particularly when I was first getting used to the instrument and sorting out how I was going to organise stuff, I often forgot to set the panel mode to the blinking mode when selecting a song that required it.

The way I now organise my setlists to cover this problem is as follows:

1) I use Songbook+ by Baum software on iPad to store all my sheet music, and to create setlists. I have created a Sample Setlist in Songbook+ to show you what I do (photo attached).

2) In Songbook+, I preface the song title by an icon as a cue to the song setup (see Photo). So in the example provided, the 'traffic light' icon means a style with STYLE TO KBD blinking, the 'quavers' icon mean this uses a midi backing file, the 'hammer' is for work-in-progress, and so on (eg I have a different icon for song play with MP3's, no-style piano, and so on).

3) You may notice that I also include 'stars' in the suffix of the title which reminds me whether the arrangement has been typically received well by the audience.

4) When I select an entry in Songbook+ on the iPad, this sends a midi command to the Pa4X which automatically selects the song I need from the Pa4X Songbook (see 2nd photo which shows a Korg code of 1008 attached to 'A Whiter Shade of Pale') . No messing around with CC and numeric calculations.

4) The Pa4X Songbook entry does not have to have the same name as what I have used in Songbook+. So can use standard titles without icons in the Korg Songbook - they are simply linked by the Korg Code.

Your needs are different to mine, but if you adopted this sort of approach, perhaps you could use different icons for say the ON or the BLINKING mode, with a Songbook+ entry for each, and choose the one you want. It won't change the status of the button, but it will give you a visual reminder.

I appreciate that we all work in different ways, and my approach may not meet your needs, but perhaps this might give you a few ideas.

Phil

Songbook+ app for iPad
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP

Last edited by pa4x_user on Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:24 pm; edited 8 times in total
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, can't work out how to display photo, just copy-and-paste the url into browser
Songbook+ app for iPad
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally worked out including images - thanks to those assisted with that.
Songbook+ app for iPad
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: