Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A volume issue with songs.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Myuserid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:14 am    Post subject: A volume issue with songs. Reply with quote

Hi, this is my first post here. I have a new KROME73 and am slowly learning how to use it. My first question is based on a simple task.

When I play the default program (KROME Grand Piano) from program mode it sounds bright and loud. When I create a new song from scratch and try the default Grand Piano, the sound is muted and there are no ambient effects such as chorus or reverb (whatever it is that gives the Grand its full, roomy feel). So, is this by design would be my first question?

When I use the Copy From Program feature, the piano comes in bright and clear. Problem is, I can't use that feature when I already have other instruments set up.

All I'm trying to do is set up strings with a grand piano. Selecting the piano from the Category Pop Up or bank select produces a muted sound at low volume. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for reading and any suggestions you may offer.
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the forum.

When copy from programs the sounds come with Insert Fx, Master Fx, and Total FX. The FX settings make the sounds bright and little bit laud. The Reverb are coming from MFX.

Check the P8 page after copy from programs. Will see how the FX is set.
First page show the Insert Routing, In your situation the default Piano Programs not use the IFX. Is routed direct to MFX ( Master FX) Now open the page P9 MFX TFX. The MFX1 is Chorus, MFX 2 is Reverb and TFX is Mastering Limiter. Here TFX increase your level.
If you need to have a strings on track 2, select a stereo strings, open the P8 IFX page and change the value of SEND2 (MFX2) from 000 to 127. Now your strings will have the reverb. If is too much, adjust the SEND level. The Reverb level can be adjust from return as well. (P9) Also editing the MFX2 will can adjust the WET/DRY level to.
All that you need is to set the effects as you need. Choose a programs and open P8,P9 to see how the FX is set.
We have 5 Insert FX, 2 Master FX and 1 Total FX. As a suggestion, manage the IFX for special effects as Distortion, AMP simulators, Compressors. The MFX is better to be use for effects that match for more programs as Reverb, Chorus, Delay. TFX is better for mastering, tube, master eq ...
For more info please don't hesitate to ask.
Myuserid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Dan.

I'll have to dig deeper into the Operations Manual to get a full grasp on what you're saying but I understand the basic concept. Just haven't worked with effects yet. I'll keep your post close and study it in more detail as I go along. Just need to get a better handle on effects chaining/routing.

Thanks again for your insight. It is most revealing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: