Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keyboard split

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussiemongoose

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject: Keyboard split Reply with quote

Hello everyone
So I was trying to split the keyboard at my school for a student of mine so he could play a normal piano in the top part of the krome and an overdrive guitar in the lower part. I read a tutorial where you can do it in the Program-> OSC part and was able to configure the keyzones. I am not familiar with the Krome so I tried saving my configuration. So I accidently overwrote the grand piano lol. So I thought ah well, lets reset the krome and therefore I loaded the demo sounds and everything was reset.
And now the weird part. Started configuring the split again and this time when I wanted to change the top key in the keyzone (G9) I could press the touchscreen so that the G9 looked as though it could be edited but when I turned the wheel nothing changed. I tried entering letters manually like C4 but that didn’t work. So I did another reset loaded the demo sounds again. But the keyzone window is just no editable. Started reading the manual Smile and searching the internet for solutions but no luck.
Any ideas?
This is the tutorial I follwed the bottom pic is where I can’t change any settings.
http://www.kromeheaven.com/index.php/softwares/tips/457-how-to-split-the-keyboard-in-program-mode
Kind regards
Raphael
Lenster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject: Splits Reply with quote

I haven't done splits in prog, but I do it frequently in Combi.

In Combi there is a Category called Splits, where there are many already created. You might already find something suitable there to use. If not, make a copy of one that is "close" and modify it.

Here's a link that shows you how. It's a little old and using the M50.
The procedure is the same but the banks might be different.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAvyjhlfGKw

Hope this helps.
Aussiemongoose

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solution found!
I noticed that when I press the damper pedal then I could change the keyzones. So I figured it was the polarity that was the wrong way round. So I went to Global-> Controllers
-> foot switch polarity and changed it to (+) (maybe that's a European standard?). When I loaded the demo sounds it also loaded the Korg standard polarity which is (-). Now it's working like a charm and I also managed to save the split under a user slot and not as a grand piano overwrite Smile
Very Happy Laughing
Thanks anyways!
cheers Raph
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: