Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

chain sequences to make a seamless song

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissLoriV

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject: chain sequences to make a seamless song Reply with quote

I would like to record sequences seperatly (chorus, bridge, intro, versus, etc) and then chain them together to make a seamless song. Can this be done with Korg Kronos 2?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe your context is a song in SEQ mode

My style is not loop recording.
I would like to think my originals 'flow' but have my own style.

Kronos will not 'automate' transitions to a bridge. etc. I am referring to my
own creative or experimental approach.

IOW I use my own creativity which Kronos definitely supports/makes possible.

Check out my last originals- "Desert Heat " as an example.
pete.m

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not easy to know exactly what you want from your post. Like Greg, I presume that you are just trying to create a song using SEQ mode. If so, you can do everything you want very easily. If you have never done it before, then - apart from simple experimenting to get used to it, and reading the manual (which is well-written, thankfully) - you would probably find it very useful to work through some of the many videos on YouTube. First of all, do have a play with all the SEQ mode pages, just to familiarise yourself with what is there. It's a great system, and very easy and flexible once you get into it.

Here is a link to one very basic tutorial that will show you how to put together one sequence (your intro, or verse, perhaps). To continue onto the next part of your song after you have done that first section, you simply start recording from the next clear measure - so, if your verse lasts 16 measures, your chorus can start on measure 17. If your chorus lasts 8 measures, and you then want to repeat what you did in the first verse to make a second verse, you can then copy measures 1-16 to the next clear measure (25), and so on. Here's the link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMWsWGoMv3I

This video will show you a few more tricks - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHj7_8ETrO4 - for when you are ready to go deeper (i.e., importing audio into your songs, etc).

There are hundreds of videos up there, and some will present the information to you in ways that suit you better than others. It's not a bad idea to try out a few.
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: chain sequences to make a seamless song Reply with quote

MissLoriV wrote:
I would like to record sequences seperatly (chorus, bridge, intro, versus, etc) and then chain them together to make a seamless song. Can this be done with Korg Kronos 2?

Previous Korg Workstations(Triton)used to have a Cue list whereby you could do this,and create each section then chain them together unfortunately Korg decided to omit it from Oasys/Kronos.

You can create your sections(Verse/chorus etc) in Kronos as individual Songs and edit the amount of Bars in a song to fit each section but there is no way to chain them to create a complete song,you can copy and paste individual sequencer tracks data and bars over to other songs to make a complete linear song but it will be painstaking.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: chain sequences to make a seamless song Reply with quote

MissLoriV wrote:

What you have to do is copy the same song (its programs and effects) into multiple song slots. Then, use the COPY MEASURE function, which can literally copy the whole song/all tracks in one go, to another song.

My workflow would be to start with the part of your choice, like INTRO. Work on it to the point where you know which programs and effects you want. Now, go to another song slot and COPY FROM SONG, without Track/Pattern Events. Select the INTRO and rename it VERSE or CHORUS.

COPY MEASURE could just as well be called, COPY SONG. It is the only function that works between all songs. You can copy that song to any measure of a different song.

I do wish the Cue List would make a comeback, though! I used it all the time on the Triton series.
Johnmallon62

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I’m new to Kronos but have been reading and watching some helps.

Seems that each Stanza. (Intro, verse, etc) can be made into a song and put in a slot. Then, you will have manual control to change through them like you want, just like an arranger keyboard. Or, you can use a foot switch to go through them in sequence as configured on the set list.

I don’t know the Cue function, but if it provided a “Master” control of which slots to be played in what sequence, it would be a really awesome feature. I’m planning to use Ableton to build the “Composition” ( can’t call it a song in Korg world), then I will control via Ableton and control surface to have a fixed order of the slots, or make random changes as a with using the Novation control pad for ableton.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: