Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to change filter types?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject: How to change filter types? Reply with quote

The user manual says:

"Four types of filter routing (single, serial, parallel, 24 dB)
Two multi-mode filters per voice (low pass, high pass, band pass, band reject)"

but WHERE / HOW can I change the filter types or the routing???

Best regards, Alex
lidserter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to edit all hidden parameters you need too use the pc/Mac editor, that's the only way to in depth editing. Once installed and working there is a full tab about filters.

Regards,
JJ
Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
arpegiator1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: How to change filter types? Reply with quote

Unfortunately, there are a lot of things to do in the PC editor. It's a tax for the price. But even here, you can create great sounds ...
kottan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alex,

the operation guide of Korg Microstation explains how to set and route effects, on page 45 ff. An editor on your PC is helpful, but not needed. The editor is free of charge and actually part of the product.

hope this helps, enjoy this amazing machine
best regards,
kottan
lidserter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parameter guide page 3: "PROG EDIT Here  you  can  edit  the  microSTATION’s  program  quick parameters.  The  quick  parameters  are  major  parameters that  can  be  edited  from  the  microSTATION  itself.  If  you want  to  edit  all  parameters  of  the  program,  you’ll  need  to use  microSTATION  Editor  on  a  connected  computer."

Complete edition of the filter section is explained starting from page 99 on the parameter guide:

Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
AlexN

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much to you helpful guys! I'd never thought there's so much response so shortly after my post - considering the Microstation is quite rare and out of production.

Unfortunately the editor doesn't work using the current macOS on my Macbook Pro so I had to turn on my rusty old Windows7 machine once again Wink SO I finally got access to the filters!

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: