Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos OS update -> next gen Kronos

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hyper_LFO



Joined: 05 Feb 2019
Posts: 8
Location: Germany, Berlin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject: Kronos OS update -> next gen Kronos Reply with quote

As the hardware has not changed (beside Sunburst Case) I think its time for a firmware update as our Kronos 2015 is still up to date Smile.

I want the new itallian grand, as it keeps from buying a real Fazioli Wink.

BTW: I guess Krog is reworking the Software and a new UI for the Kronos successor which will get rid of the a old fashioned UI. This takes a lot of time and so we did not see the nex gen Kronos this Namm 2019...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Liviou2004
Platinum Member


Joined: 20 Feb 2017
Posts: 508
Location: Fontainebleau - France

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos OS update -> next gen Kronos Reply with quote

Hyper_LFO wrote:
BTW: I guess Krog is reworking the Software and a new UI for the Kronos successor which will get rid of the a old fashioned UI. This takes a lot of time and so we did not see the nex gen Kronos this Namm 2019...


Do you have any trustworthy and solid informations about that ?
_________________
Kronos 2 73, Moog Grandmother, Studiologic Sledge 2, Yamaha P90, Soundcraft EFX12, JBL LSR308
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GregC
Platinum Member


Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 7332
Location: Discovery Bay (San Francisco Bay Area)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos OS update -> next gen Kronos Reply with quote

Liviou2004 wrote:
Hyper_LFO wrote:
BTW: I guess Krog is reworking the Software and a new UI for the Kronos successor which will get rid of the a old fashioned UI. This takes a lot of time and so we did not see the nex gen Kronos this Namm 2019...


Do you have any trustworthy and solid informations about that ?


I have an analogy, not a perfect fit but possibly worth a mention.
And its a hypothetical.

Lets say I dated a lady for 2 years, then we separated.
Not my fault, of course. Smile

Being persistent, I called her/texted [whatever] her every month for another 2 years. [ this is hypothetical, in RL I wouldn't do this or suggest it].

She never replied , never answered my communication, for 2 years.

I have my own conclusion on the silence Wink
_________________
Kronos 88. nanoPAD2. Roland FA-07, MBP, UR44
Achieve your musical dreams Smile
https://soundcloud.com/user-898236994
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
marc1
Full Member


Joined: 04 May 2015
Posts: 117

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Quote:
Lets say I dated a lady for 2 years, then we separated.
Not my fault, of course.

Being persistent, I called her/texted [whatever] her every month for another 2 years. [ this is hypothetical, in RL I wouldn't do this or suggest it].

She never replied , never answered my communication, for 2 years.

I have my own conclusion on the silence


HaHa, Greg, I shed some tears... laughing. That's brutal, for sure, but in a slightly twisted, funny way.

I would like to add to that analogy: "Yeah, keep ignoring me, Baby. The more you ignore me, the more I want you."

On a serious note, though, I would like to emphasize that it's not quite like that in reality. It's more like having dated her for five years, with some wild... having already bought an engagement ring, and then she's turning you down, telling you, she loves you, but she's not ready for the next step yet. She needs more time. And over the course of a period of time, the next three years, you hear from some of her friends, that she still can't forget you...and maybe...

Well, I'll leave that to your conclusion and hopefully Korg is viewing that relationship in a similar vein. HaHa...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GregC
Platinum Member


Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 7332
Location: Discovery Bay (San Francisco Bay Area)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marc1 wrote:
GregC wrote:
Quote:
Lets say I dated a lady for 2 years, then we separated.
Not my fault, of course.

Being persistent, I called her/texted [whatever] her every month for another 2 years. [ this is hypothetical, in RL I wouldn't do this or suggest it].

She never replied , never answered my communication, for 2 years.

I have my own conclusion on the silence


HaHa, Greg, I shed some tears... laughing. That's brutal, for sure, but in a slightly twisted, funny way.

I would like to add to that analogy: "Yeah, keep ignoring me, Baby. The more you ignore me, the more I want you."

On a serious note, though, I would like to emphasize that it's not quite like that in reality. It's more like having dated her for five years, with some wild... having already bought an engagement ring, and then she's turning you down, telling you, she loves you, but she's not ready for the next step yet. She needs more time. And over the course of a period of time, the next three years, you hear from some of her friends, that she still can't forget you...and maybe...

Well, I'll leave that to your conclusion and hopefully Korg is viewing that relationship in a similar vein. HaHa...


Hey Marc, its fun to post . I think you are more creative than I am- very good story line. Or, umm, more reality Smile
_________________
Kronos 88. nanoPAD2. Roland FA-07, MBP, UR44
Achieve your musical dreams Smile
https://soundcloud.com/user-898236994
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
marc1
Full Member


Joined: 04 May 2015
Posts: 117

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hey Marc, its fun to post . I think you are more creative than I am- very good story line. Or, umm, more reality


Oh no, you just gave me a very good starting point for being creative. And, you know, it's easier to be creative when your mood is lightened up by some funny a** sh*t. HAHA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LewTheKeyboardGuy
Junior Member


Joined: 25 Nov 2018
Posts: 71
Location: North Wales. UK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this. This is 100% top class. I never thought I'd read a thread where the kronos OS has been compared to a relationship with a woman.... Thank you' you've made me laugh so much.

My god, it would be a miracle if Korg came up with a new OS for the kronos. It'd be like the Pope himself blessing a kronos..... hmmmmmmm what the heck would the Pope be doing with a Kronos? rocking out new versions of hymns?

still we can live in hope can't we.... lol.

Well, I did pose the question regarding EXS272 to Kurt Ader... a hesitant response came back. No news yet regarding the Italian grand being offered for the kronos 2, so, really, other than consumer pressure as in customers reaching out to korg by email, or by letter to both Korg USA and Japan discussing concerns, no one will ever know. All I know is, I put my £5.50 +VAT worth in their letters hat. we'll only know in time... if we ever know..... that is.

Still. on the women front, Could be worse..... could be that you've dated this beautiful, heart stopping woman, been together years (not married), thought long and hard about asking her to marry you, you do, the response comes back "I'm sorry, it's not you, it's me... then you find out that she's living a secret life dressing as a fella and hanging around working men's clubs posing as bernard manning.
_________________
Life is too short to worry about endless issues. Love and be loved, conquer all that can be achieved. Oh... Yes.... Farts can be considered musical instruments too!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GregC
Platinum Member


Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 7332
Location: Discovery Bay (San Francisco Bay Area)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewTheKeyboardGuy wrote:
I love this. This is 100% top class. I never thought I'd read a thread where the kronos OS has been compared to a relationship with a woman.... Thank you' you've made me laugh so much.

My god, it would be a miracle if Korg came up with a new OS for the kronos. It'd be like the Pope himself blessing a kronos..... hmmmmmmm what the heck would the Pope be doing with a Kronos? rocking out new versions of hymns?

still we can live in hope can't we.... lol.

1)Well, I did pose the question regarding EXS272 to Kurt Ader... a hesitant response came back.
No news yet regarding the Italian grand being offered for the kronos 2, so, really, other than consumer pressure as in customers reaching out to korg by email, or by letter to both Korg USA and Japan discussing concerns, no one will ever know.

2)All I know is, I put my £5.50 +VAT worth in their letters hat. we'll only know in time... if we ever know..... that is.

Still. on the women front, Could be worse..... could be that you've dated this beautiful, heart stopping woman, been together years (not married), thought long and hard about asking her to marry you, you do, the response comes back "I'm sorry, it's not you, it's me... then you find out that she's living a secret life dressing as a fella and hanging around working men's clubs posing as bernard manning.


1) I would bet the mortgage that Mr Ader signed a Korg NDA. Thus the caution.

Clarification needed. I believe Korg is the author of the Italian Grand in the SE. Did they hire someone to sample it ? Maybe. But there is no 'credit ' on the Korg docs to an outside party.

For sure , Kurt and co did the Exs 272. Thats as advertised.

2) If I had a hat or a cap I would tip it to your good work and persistence in writing to Korg Japan. Good on you.

As far as your story line on women and relationships, I wouldn't know about resulting gender confusion Wink
_________________
Kronos 88. nanoPAD2. Roland FA-07, MBP, UR44
Achieve your musical dreams Smile
https://soundcloud.com/user-898236994
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Hyper_LFO



Joined: 05 Feb 2019
Posts: 8
Location: Germany, Berlin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos OS update -> next gen Kronos Reply with quote

Liviou2004 wrote:

Do you have any trustworthy and solid informations about that ?


It is just a guess, but beside the funny relation analogy Wink I spoke with Korg Germany (during Namm 2019 time) on an other issue and I asked them what about the italian grand for Kronos 2015. They said its just undecided.

The reason why I think that Korg is going on with a new Workstation and let me call it Kronos NG is very simple. It is a Linux based software architecture with 40 years of Korgs know how of synth and music production and it uses standard PC hardware.

It already can do nearly everything, but its hard to do and somtimes annoying to archive your goal. Beside that its often not intuitive and makes simply not that much fun.

Think about an development which has a better more intuite UI. A updated hardware with a bigger non "plastic film" touchscreen and the capability to use an huge external monitor. These machine would outdate everything on the market again. Why should Korg drop that?

Economic considerations may give priority to the revival of analogue synths at the moment, but that will be over, or it will not rule out.

Best!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GregC
Platinum Member


Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 7332
Location: Discovery Bay (San Francisco Bay Area)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos OS update -> next gen Kronos Reply with quote

Hyper_LFO wrote:
Liviou2004 wrote:

Do you have any trustworthy and solid informations about that ?


It is just a guess, but beside the funny relation analogy Wink I spoke with Korg Germany (during Namm 2019 time) on an other issue and I asked them what about the italian grand for Kronos 2015. They said its just undecided.

t!


Korg Germany is a distributor. They do not develop new Korg products (AFAIK}

https://www.musik-meyer.com/en.html
is the owner of Korg Germany.

while the many country disti's have signed NDA's, its quite possible they are not familiar or involved with new product development or other news, Which is what goes on at Korg HQ in Japan.
_________________
Kronos 88. nanoPAD2. Roland FA-07, MBP, UR44
Achieve your musical dreams Smile
https://soundcloud.com/user-898236994
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Hyper_LFO



Joined: 05 Feb 2019
Posts: 8
Location: Germany, Berlin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, but they where a little surprised about my question and than it came out that they have talked about an update with Korg Japan Wink...

Anyway, why should they hide it - its more the question if we have to pay for it or if they will give it away for free.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GregC
Platinum Member


Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 7332
Location: Discovery Bay (San Francisco Bay Area)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hyper_LFO wrote:
Right, but they where a little surprised about my question and than it came out that they have talked about an update with Korg Japan Wink...

Anyway, why should they hide it - its more the question if we have to pay for it or if they will give it away for free.


I think Korg Japan knows folks are interested in the Italian grand.

Sure they 'should' offer it. $149 doesn't bother me. I think the interest is currently there. Korg Japan might be thinking that they don't want to create internal competition for the SE.

I would not purchase the SE just for the 2 new sample libs. These newer Exs are nice to have but not a ' must have ' if its SE or nothing.

If another month goes by with more silence, I get less interested. Once again, we will see what Korgs priorities are.
_________________
Kronos 88. nanoPAD2. Roland FA-07, MBP, UR44
Achieve your musical dreams Smile
https://soundcloud.com/user-898236994
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group