Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accessing 8 sounds at once using built in & midi keys

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mf_blues

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: Accessing 8 sounds at once using built in & midi keys Reply with quote

OK Some of you may already know this but I only discovered this last night.

I have the PA-4X 76 key and a M-Audio Hammer 88 midi controller.

I found that by enabling 2 midi channels on the M-Audio and assigning them to Player 1 & 2 in the 4X I can get 2 totally independent sounds from the style I'm playing, so the 4X can play the 3 Upper voices and the 1 lower voice and my Hammer 88 can play an additional 2 voices. I haven't yet enabled all 4 midi channels on the Hammer 88 but if this is anything to go by I should be able to have 4 totally independent voices once enabled, giving 8 total playable voices.

The way it works is to open up sequencer mode and choose the voices for tracks 1 and 2 that you want to use, you can then save the sequence as a song. To recall the settings you need to load the sequence back into the sequencer mode not song play, you can then jump back to style play mode and your voices will still be available on the midi controller. With all 4 midi channels enabled I should be able to use 8 voices in total.

If this is of any use to anyone I can do a video to help explain it more clearly.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Martin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: