Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My only request as with others
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No need. The FACTORY folder in your Kronos HD has all of that.

Wow, OK. I think I have read this advice in one form or another before but the way you put it just made a light bulb go on.

So you're saying I can create a project folder on my thumb drive, do a save all on the PCG, to that folder, and then I can monkey around with things like crazy. Load 3rd party banks. Make tweaks to factory patches and write them, etc.

Then I can save my project PCG at the end of my session to hold onto all the changes I've made.

If I want to restore to factory, just because, or to find some factory sounds for my project that I've overwritten in my project bank, I can just reload the factory PCG, find some sounds I like, and make a note of the ones I want. Then reload my project PCG and load sounds from factory PCG bank or program at a time into some un-needed bank in my project PCG.

Do I have it right? If so, that's extremely liberating, and it makes the lack of free banks seem a lot more trivial.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightbringer wrote:
I can monkey around with things like crazy. Load 3rd party banks. Make tweaks to factory patches and write them, etc..........
Do I have it right? If so, that's extremely liberating, and it makes the lack of free banks seem a lot more trivial.

Yes, you have it right! My advice is to save a "FEB2019" PCG file, just in case there are some changes you have made and you want to get those back. I would hate for you to load the FACTORY PCG and find that you lost something you tweaked.

But, yes, I mess with all the banks! Need to go back to the original programs and combis? Not a problem.

Here is a brief example of three different sound sets that I've used recently.

number6uk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Mike for making this clearer to people.
This method of saving PCG and SNG files has always been the way with Korg Workstations, even going back to my O1W/fd days, you just keep them as a pair and you can't go wrong.
It only got more complicated when sampling became the standard, which back in the day was like inserting a new ROM card, so the samples can stay loaded on the preload (use the streaming version) and the programs and combis can change often.

Korg Kronos 2 88, Prologue 16, Minilogue PG, Trinity Plus/SCSI/PBS, Moog Mother 32, DFAM and Subsequent 37 owner.
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Conway wrote:

Yes, you have it right! My advice is to save a "FEB2019" PCG file, just in case there are some changes you have made and you want to get those back. I would hate for you to load the FACTORY PCG and find that you lost something you tweaked.

But, yes, I mess with all the banks! Need to go back to the original programs and combis? Not a problem.

Here is a brief example of three different sound sets that I've used recently.

Thanks for the explanation and cool video share, Mike! This information sets me free!
Wsadj

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to you, we need to change the 127, for about 350 per bank.
Come on Korg, it's time to move on!
rpowell01

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this may sound crazy but I've had my Kronos since early 2014 and believe it or not I didn't even know about WaveSequence until just 2 days ago. Why? Well I kept my Kronos at the church and about 2 years ago I quit playing there because we started going to another church. Well medical issues, pain, has actually stopped me from doing what I love doing and that is playing. But from time to time I would play and sample some things.

I think the biggest reason I didn't know is because how often do we actually go into Global Mode? Why did Korg place WaveSequence in Global Mode? Has it always been there or added later in an update?

WaveSequence is Editable so it should be elsewhere because if others are like me I don't go into Global Mode that much unless I'm adding an Exs to authorize. LOL
rpowell01

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like messing around with my PCGs and here is why. Lets say I create a "Favorites" in User:AA. So I am going to get comfortable with that bank. So if I pick some favorites out of a bank and move them then later I tell myself "well I moved my favorites out of this bank so I can overwrite it with another EXs" I would forget about that bank I copied my favorites from. Whenever you buy a library in Kontakt its always there, you don't make favorites. Its viewable whenever you scroll through your libs. It should be the same with the Kronos. It easier to place all your EXs in each bank you would like then just create a Reference Sheet that you can laminate and attach it to your board.

I am only asking to add a third set of banks from User:AAA to User: FFF as that will be suffix IMHO.

OR,

Korg should have done this automatically. Alesis Fusion, a board that is twice as old as the Kronos ADDs banks. I can have a thousand banks if I want to because the way they had set it up. You can also go in and name your banks to whatever you want. Korg should have went this route or the ability to add new banks whenever you install EXs. That would FIX the problem. They expect us to buy the banks but I just won't do it until this is fixed. I can create my own patches the same way they create theirs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: