Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minilogue XD in certain areas better than Prologue?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Puukka

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject: Minilogue XD in certain areas better than Prologue? Reply with quote

Some months ago I was going for the Prologue but sent it immediately back because of itīs tuning problems e to f#.

Now Minilogue appears and I might go for it instead of the Prologue.
4 voices are very limiting, the slim keys I accept only because of the form factor but I just realized two facts that keep me off the Prologue again:

1.) Itīs said that XDīs filter is a completely revised one, with lots of low end and without losing it when adding resonance.
....Well, is Prologueīs filter not that good? Is it the reason why they offered the LF Compressor?

2.) Minilogue XD can use all three effects same time, ....wow, poor Prologue users.

When thinking about the added sequencer and the price difference....I have a better feeling buying the XD and pushing to itīs limits.

Regards,
Herbert
lidserter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree! It's like korg Kross 2, actually better than krome i consider...
I'm in love with my monologue also, great sound and incredible price. Also you can buy to minilogues for 8 voices at the same price... Twice effects, twice modulation... But i prefer to squeeze all the juice of a single lower spec machine than to get lost in infinite possibilities and interconnectivity options.
Limitations leave space for innovation by encouraging creativity and simplifying the workflow

Regards
JJ
Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
Puukka

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lidserter wrote:
Limitations leave space for innovation by encouraging creativity and simplifying the workflow

Interestingly I think same and squeezing out usable patches from the limited Minilogue was much fun. Thatīs also the feeling I now have, chosing the XD over Prologue.
Regards,
Herbert
demonp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lidserter wrote:
Totally agree! It's like korg Kross 2, actually better than krome i consider...
I'm in love with my monologue also, great sound and incredible price. Also you can buy to minilogues for 8 voices at the same price... Twice effects, twice modulation... But i prefer to squeeze all the juice of a single lower spec machine than to get lost in infinite possibilities and interconnectivity options.

Regards
JJ

This is the exact reason i bought monologue and Zoom MS70-cdr effect pedal. This combo is incredible. But squeezing something out of raw monologue is great feeling.
KorgyMutt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject: Minilogue XD in certain areas better than Prologue? Reply with quote

Short answer: Yes...Long answer: I've done probably waaaay too much research into the XD (reviews, read the manual, etc). My conclusion is that, yes, it has a few limitations (many of which can be overcome with USER modulationEFX slots like adding another LFO with additional amp target - which the LFO does not have oddly), but New EFX + Simple Work Flow + Multi-Engine PM + $ = Must Have. Also, I agree with another comment that limitations can also be included in the equation as a (+).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: