Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Kross Special Edition

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lidserter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject: New Kross Special Edition Reply with quote

Just checked https://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/kross2/#part2 and found this surprise:

KROSS Special Edition
Four new neon-colored models of the KORG KROSS
The KORG KROSS 61-key model, popular for its class-beating performance and stylish design, is now joined by new models in a variety of colors. The lightweight body that makes the KROSS so easy to transport is a perfect match for the four new neon colors: green, orange, red, and blue.

These models also have additional PCM that provides special pre-installed piano and electric piano sounds, as well as synth and drum sounds that meet the needs of cutting edge EDM producers. (Extra Voice Name List)

With a KROSS sporting one of these new colors, your stage setup will captivate and excite any audience.

* All specifications other than color and additional pre-install sounds are identical to the standard model of the KROSS-61.

I hope the new PCM data to be available soon for existing users too...
JJ
Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
lidserter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's New:
-128 new programs
-27 drum track patterns
-19 apeggio patterns
-76 multisamples (22 stereo. New stereo piano -4 levels, 1 damper-; 4 EPs with 8 velocity levels each)
-45 mono drumsamples (many trailer sounds from Sample Magic, I NEED THIS)
-4 drumkits

JJ
Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
decreebass

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. They're kinda ugly but I'd enjoy the new/extra sounds. Wonder if they'll become available for the rest of us s*** munchers (old Kross2 owners)...

For reference, I already have the PureWhite one.
lidserter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

decreebass wrote:
. Wonder if they'll become available for the rest of us s*** munchers (old Kross2 owners)...

I hope so!
But... It should be the same story for Kronos and Krome, since those boards updated the sounds too... I want to believe.

JJ
dannyrichardson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so pumped for this. I saw some great reviews on the limited edition Kross 2.

I'm hoping it's as good as i'm hearing. What's everyone thinking so far?

The thing that excites me the most so far are the sampling and editing features.

Last edited by dannyrichardson on Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
seanmichaels

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dannyrichardson wrote:
I am so pumped for this. I saw some great reviews on the limited edition Kross 2.

I'm hoping it's as good as i'm hearing. What's everyone thinking so far?

The thing that excites me the most so far are the sampling and editing features.

I found a couple reviews on the Kross SE and I am wondering if this is legit or not?

Could be good.. though on hardware sample editing is usually very clunky. I'm cool with just doing it inside my DAW. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: