Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I think I messed something up, help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thomas998

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject: I think I messed something up, help? Reply with quote

Okay. My MS2000 has been working fine until I decided to try one of those freeware editing/librarian programs. I couldn't get it to link to my MS2000, because I just kept getting 0's for all the values... Okay step two I decided to try and use midi quest, which I had been able to get working with another synth but never had any luck with the Korg... But hey I tried again... Now I'm not sure what I've done but I have no sounds at all.

I did a reset and when I do a reset/test everything checks out, I will then get about 1 to 1 and 1/2 seconds of the first sound that loads "analog" something or other... and then its no sounds again. I'm hoping somewhere along the lines I've simply turned something off that I shouldn't... any Idea where to start looking? I've tried going through global menus changing things, but honestly I can't really remember what setting was what.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

What happens if you change a program and play some keys? No sound? On all program?

Did you also try to do a factory reset (global/preload function) of the global settings?

Sound that falls away after 1 to 1.5s seems more like broken hardware or software of the synth. Not a setting. Bringing the synth to a Korg Service may help you further.

Good luck
thomas998

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpAmp wrote:
Hi,

What happens if you change a program and play some keys? No sound? On all program?

Did you also try to do a factory reset (global/preload function) of the global settings?

Sound that falls away after 1 to 1.5s seems more like broken hardware or software of the synth. Not a setting. Bringing the synth to a Korg Service may help you further.

Good luck

I did the global/preload function, didn't do anything different. It just seemed very strange that it was working fine until I started trying to connect it to a computer and then it decides to crap out.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmh, indeed strange. But I really doubt that you can 'destroy' the board using MIDI messages...
You may end up with a misconfiguration, but nothing that can be turned back using factory reset. Do double check you also restored the global settings, next to the programs.

Further, I still am puzzled that you always get 1 to 1.5s of sound and then it drops... I really think something is broken which can not be fixed using factory reset... Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: