Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos SE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewTheKeyboardGuy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
LewTheKeyboardGuy wrote:
Purgatory wrote:
Wow this thread makes interesting reading. Reality is I'm happy with what korg has done.. But my only gripe with korg and the kronos is they need to make it 64bit, allow us to add the 8Gb Ram the motherboards are capable of using and add some more banks. There is nothing else that is needed apart from any new sound engines that they want to release as was really promised when the whole kronos system came out. So far only thing they have done is updated the sgx engine to sgx2.. Which it should have been like that from day one.. But they never updated the sgx1 pianos to sgx2.. Which they should have and added the missing parts to them.. Eg una corda to the German, Austrian and Japanese pianos.

And no I'm not buying a second one till they fix the os to the above. Also allow us to use our purchased sounds on whichever kronos we own by deactivating the purchase and reactivating for our other kronos(s).

Hey there,

If you have a look at the spec for the current mainboard for the kronos 2, you'll find it in my post regarding kronos architecture, you'll note that ASROCK gives some board specs including RAM support. states max it handles is 4gb, but that said, as a single slot runs a 4gb stick, it should handle 8gb without an issue as it has been done on similar boards. the issue is the x86 instruction set for that board, yes 64 bit is doable for this board, the question is, how stable will it be as it's a 1.86ghz atom processor. I reckon it's doable.

If you really want to make your voice heard on this, write to Korg directly... here's the details. hope to god I don't get kicked off here lol but I've done this myself, same letter to both offices and presidents / CEO's. if it doesn't get to one, it gets to the other.

To: Mr. Seiki Kato, Mr. Makoto Kato, Mr. Makoto Kobayashi, Mr. Tomoko Kosaka, Mr. Sakae Yoshinaga.
℅: KORG. Inc.
4015-2,
Yanokuchi,
Inagi-shi,
Tokyo,
206-0812,
Japan

Also..

To: Mr. Joseph Castronovo.
℅: KORG USA. Inc.
316 South Service Road,
Melville,
N.Y.
U.S.A.

Please note: the above is publicly available information and not private data.

Lew, you should have no fear. Your letters will not be the only one.

In terms of approach, I think as long as we are genuine , that should resonate.

My letter is going out 2/28. I mentioned taking this month after NAMM to see what Korgs priorities are.

If nothing by 2/28, my letter will request whether or not Korg is supporting
Kronos by virtue of a further OS update. If so, we would appreciate knowing the
estimated time of it, within a 45 day window.

" We are working on it " is not enough for me. I am requesting an estimated date and allowing a 45 day slip.

I think our K's are limited thus its not clear how deep in features we can expect.
Just the same, if this is the case, and very little can be done, the President
can advise us this.

I think it is good business to be frank and clear about your flag ship product.
Many of us owners are realistic. I think clear communication from Korg
will go a long way.

Got it in one.

The letter I sent out combined my own requests / cooncerns / issues with evidence from other users without naming them on different forums to compile suitable evidence to request fixes / solutions.. I sent the letter out over a week ago. I shall give until the end of this month / start of March, before I resend the letter with a request to respond due to lack of communication. I did include my contact / office / road details (session work)

anyway, busy day ahead. fighting to rebuild the recording studio from scratch, having a word with a few company contacts I've been involved with over the last few years, well, before the closure.
Wsadj

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with you my friends, I join those who propose to make a list of specific requests to Korg from our Kronos.
I ask that the administrator of the forum can create a format where each Kronos user, place the necessary information so that when sending the letter, to the offices of Korg; The company can have the credibility that we are real users with real needs.
LewTheKeyboardGuy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wsadj wrote:
I am with you my friends, I join those who propose to make a list of specific requests to Korg from our Kronos.
I ask that the administrator of the forum can create a format where each Kronos user, place the necessary information so that when sending the letter, to the offices of Korg; The company can have the credibility that we are real users with real needs.

I second that.

More importantly. daft as this might sound, but it's effective, start a petition, who-ever wishes to start the petition can do so through an online medium such as change.org or whatever possible, or we create a page here dedicated for all users to sign with comments to SUPPORT our actions. spread word to other music forums if viable for kronos owners, but I'm sure that most kronos owners are already here, so that might not be needed. once all signed, printed, sent by mail to the respective offices. job done.

as said, I've sent my documentation off to them. I await their response. if no response by 1st week March, I will send with a response required timescale.

lew
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

repeating what I read on Kronos Facebook a few days ago;

an owner got thru to Korg about the SE Italian Grand.

Korg hopes to make this piano available for purchase on the Korg shop by late spring.

No other details.
ITguy54

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:

Korg hopes to make this piano available for purchase on the Korg shop by late spring.

No other details.

For purchase? That’s a nice slap in the face to current Kronos owners. If only they had waited until now, they could buy the SE for the same price as the regular model WITHOUT the extra samples.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITguy54 wrote:
GregC wrote:

No other details.

For purchase? That’s a nice slap in the face to current Kronos owners. If only they had waited until now, they could buy the SE for the same price as the regular model WITHOUT the extra samples.

you make a good point.

Nevertheless, We tell everyone each Nov/Dec to wait for NAMM.

And if I had to have the 2015 Kronos last Nov/Dec I would insist that the dealer allow my return due to a newer model. Thats the way I hedge it.

Or Korg could accommodate the recent Kronos 2015 customer. When they register , give them a free auth code to load the Italian.

And if the Italian is inexpensive, $49 , lets play what/if, that makes it an easy call.

Bottom line, Korg should communicate to customers. It can only help if Korg is proactive like the above
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
And if the Italian is inexpensive, $49 , lets play what/if, that makes it an easy call.

Bottom line, Korg should communicate to customers. It can only help if Korg is proactive like the above

Yes Greg, we can have a dream. But I'm afraid, in reality, based on Austrian Piano price, 249 $, that Italian Piano will be closed to that price !
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and we have, in our Kronos, all the tools we need for building our own piano sounds. And each piece of music is in need of a particular sound. The only thing that the Kronos is waiting from us is : creativity. Yes I was going to buy this red Kronos SE but I think I am going to wait and watch what will coming next Idea

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liviou2004 wrote:
GregC wrote:

Yes Greg, we can have a dream. But I'm afraid, in reality, based on Austrian Piano price, 249 $, that Italian Piano will be closed to that price !

Hi Fred, you are a good realist. $49 is the price I would assert if I were President of Korg.

I realize my $49 is make believe or fantasy. As most of us know, capitalism is the rule.

Here are my business reasons for reducing the high $249 price for Austrian:

-Its been available for over 4 years.
-Korg has experienced enough sales. 4 years is more than enough time to determine demand/interest.
- there are numerous alternatives for a quality sampled piano, the marketplace is significantly more crowded vs 4 years ago.
-A lower price will certainly attract more sales.
- After 4 years, its better to have more sales at a much lower price than
very few sales at $249
- Keeping Kronos owners happy 'should be ' Korg's #1 Priority.
- A $129 price for the Austrian will attract more sales
- This incentive creates more owner satisfaction which should be a #1
Priority for Korg [ or Roland or Yamaha]

Agree ? Disagree ?
LewTheKeyboardGuy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITguy54 wrote:
GregC wrote:

No other details.

I agree there. considering if you've purchased a system or systems in the last few months such as I november 2018, so really korg aren't interested in looking after it's customers, just more money. ridiculous.

As of yet, I've not received any form of communication from either USA or japan head offices. I'll give until end of Feb, then round 2. it's somewhat rude in my mind that when you take time and effort to reach a company to discuss in a civil manner, issues with a product, and they fail to respond to you, it shows bad manners and lack of respect for product owners who after all, pay their wages and keep the company existing. just think, if we all pulled out from korg, like brexit (lol) it's like toast without jam, peanut butter without jelly, fart without a smell, earth, wind - without fire, etc like homer without marge, like ukip without farrage, sorry, can't believe I thought that. oh well. we rely on korg for their products, they rely on us to keep their business growing.

simple premise?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewTheKeyboardGuy wrote:

simple premise?

a few points;

From where I sit or stand, customer service is #1.
Adequate communication goes hand in hand with customer service.

No company will thrive very long if they act like customer service is a #5 priority or worse.

I have made the point that , from what I see, Nord is a good example of stellar customer service. I don't own a Nord or plan to buy one. Just the same, I can appreciate how they operate.

IOW, its not just about bits and bytes. Its not about NDA's.

I think we , as customers/owners, can ask Korg {or Roland or Yamaha] for what we want. Which is why I suggested anybody concerned communicate right to the top to Korg Japan.

As far as timing for a potential Korg reply, 2-3 weeks seems fair. I am open to any other opinions on response time.

Most of my assessment is based on being a Korg keyboard owner for some decades and being a Korg company watcher for 2 or 3 years.

I hope we hear something tangible from Korg [ like a new OS, or other communication about Kronos development] by end of February.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be surprised if anyone got an answer from the present Korg management.

If my experience with the recent Prologue tuning desaster, and with the utterly unresponsible and uncommunicative present Japan management behavior in this affair, has taught me anything, it is the unbelievable unwillingness and/or inability of the actual leading crew to show up as communicative partners of their customers, where it's required.

Both customer service and customer communication have been MUCH better with the leading crew from the former Korg generation, than they are now. What actually happens, including the more or less complete absense and deafening silence of Korg staff here, is just POOR BUSINESS BEHAVIOR!

The present (relative) youngsters obviously still have to learn A LOT, to keep their best long term and best paying customers with Korg. There certainly won't grow masses of new long term bonds from all the wild on the fly bonsai instrument business, as they will notice soon enough - but then it will be too late to keep faithful longterm customers, which were hard to get in the first place during the past two decades.

Thankfully music business is so full of nice hardware and software alternatives nowadays, that I don't care any longer about the actual Korg management (mis)behavior. if they don't care about their customers, those will just move on in no time. No big deal. Smile

Last edited by jimknopf on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
I would be surprised if anyone got an answer from the rpesent Korg management.

If my experience with the tuning desaster and the utterly unresponsible and uncommunicative present Japan Management has taught me anything, it is the unbelievable unwillingness and/or inability of the leading crew to show up as communicative partners of their customers.

Both customer service and customer communication have been MUCH better with the leading crew from the former Korg generation, than they are remotely now. What happens now, including the more or less complete absense of Korg staff here, is just POOR business behavior!

The present youngsters obviously still have to learn A LOT, to keep their best long term and best paying customers with Korg. There certainly won't grow masses of new long term bonds from all the wild on the fly bonsai instrument business, as they will notice within a few years - but then it will be to late to keep faithful longterm customers.

Thankfully music business is so full of nice hardware and software alternatives, that I don't care any longer about the actual Korg management (mis)behavior.

Hi Jim, you have plenty of recent data/experience to make that conclusion.
What happened with Prologue told me to be wary of purchasing an expensive, 1st gen complex product from Korg.

It will be interesting to see if us individual Kronos owners make progress with our communication to the Korg CEO.

Even if I get silence from my expected effort, that is also an answer from Korg.

Difficult to imagine, in this day and age of customer service , that reasonable
communication from loyal customers, will be completely ignored.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg, I think it's great that you even try, and I support your effort wishing you success!

I just have become a little sceptical about the ablities (some nice fresh ideas) versus disabilities (lousy bad level of customer communication and support) relation of the actual Korg leaders.

The Korg Kronos SE edition is nothing but a bad joke to me.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be wrong but I doubt anyone is going to receive a meaningful response. Problem is if Korg says something in an email/letter, it's suddenly official. They might as well issue a press release. With the Internet and communication as it is today, confidentiality is no longer possible. I suppose one might receive a form letter type response, thanking the sender but offering nothing.

My own take is that focusing on 64-bit, expanded RAM and all the rest misses, by a wide mile, what the Kronos was, is and what any "replacement" might be.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 10 of 16

Jump to: