Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editor for Radias on Windows7 64bit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Editor for Radias on Windows7 64bit Reply with quote

I'm clueless because I installed Radias editor and its drivers (latest version) but I can not see any data transfer between the onstrument (Radias rack) and the editor.
When I installed the microKorg XL+ editor and drivers everything went OK at first.

Nonetheless to say tha the driver installation for Radias went flawlessly, the instrument is correctly recognized but not losded into Editor MIDI prefs.

Any suggestion or advice?
Thanks
M
michelet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Issue solved.

Thanks for help.
Marco Savante

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelet wrote:
Issue solved.

Thanks for help.

Could you explain how you solved the problem? I have the same issue. I had no trouble using the Radias editor on my old Windows XP computer. When I got my new Windows 7 computer I installed the Radias editor (v. 2.0), along with the most current version of the USB-MIDI driver, and both installations seemed to go fine. However, when I start the Radias editor, I get a message saying that the USB-MIDI driver is not installed (which is wrong, the Control Panel confirms that it is installed and active), and I cannot successfully transfer data either to or from the Radias. I have tried it with both a USB connection and MIDI port connections and the problem is the same with both.

I had a KingKorg in the studio for awhile and I installed its librarian on the Windows 7 computer and it interacted with the KK just fine. It had no trouble recognizing the USB-MIDI driver and I was able to transfer data both ways with no problems.

So the problem seems to be with the Radias editor itself -- perhaps some incompatibility with Windows 7. But your post suggests there is a solution. Please tell me what it is. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX1fHKsjwaA
michelet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that simple.

Use Korg MIDI Driver Uninstaller Utility and you'll see that 9/10 Korg Radias driver will be over tenth or eleventh position.
Uninstall all the unnecessary drivers until, reinstalling Korg Radias driver, it will be within 1 - 10 position.
Reboot, connect Radias USB cable to the computer and, after a while, Radias will be shown within Editor's MIDI settings.
Marco Savante

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelet wrote:
Use Korg MIDI Driver Uninstaller Utility and you'll see that 9/10 Korg Radias driver will be over tenth or eleventh position.
Uninstall all the unnecessary drivers until, reinstalling Korg Radias driver, it will be within 1 - 10 position.
Reboot, connect Radias USB cable to the computer and, after a while, Radias will be shown within Editor's MIDI settings.

Thank you very much. I'm still a little uncertain how to proceed -- I don't want to unintentionally mess things up. I ran the Korg MIDI Driver Uninstaller Utility and it showed 2 entries for Korg. In position midi5 is an entry called "Korg K" and in position midi6 is an entry called "Korg". I don't know which one to delete, or if I should delete both. So I didn't delete anything yet.

Is the problem having two Korg MIDI drivers installed? Should there only be one, or is two correct? What is the meaning of the two different names ("Korg K" and "Korg")? Since both are already in positions below 10, I am thinking my problem may be something different from yours. Any insights before I proceed?

Thank you.

michelet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco Savante wrote:
michelet wrote:

Thank you very much. I'm still a little uncertain how to proceed -- I don't want to unintentionally mess things up. I ran the Korg MIDI Driver Uninstaller Utility and it showed 2 entries for Korg. In position midi5 is an entry called "Korg K" and in position midi6 is an entry called "Korg". I don't know which one to delete, or if I should delete both. So I didn't delete anything yet.

Is the problem having two Korg MIDI drivers installed? Should there only be one, or is two correct? What is the meaning of the two different names ("Korg K" and "Korg")? Since both are already in positions below 10, I am thinking my problem may be something different from yours. Any insights before I proceed?

Thank you.

It's funny, we're from the same country but we're talking into English.

Anyway, I have no gazing ball, thus I ignore why you have two Korg drivers installed. Usually just the latest one must reside within the operating system. Perhaps you installed a MIDI driver for M3 that worked also for MS2000, then came the one for Radias.
I wouldn't really worried to uninstall all the actual MIDI drivers your operating system contain. When I uninstalled all the drivers I had installed thanks to the Korg MIDI utility, I uninstalled not only the korg ones but all the others, i.e. Webcam, scanner, USB Speakers, USB headphones for Skype chat and so on.
Then I reinstalled again the Korg driver and after a while Radias was recognized by the MIDI settings within the editor.
I really forgot to reinstall all the other drivers, but when I reconnected the USB peripherals, Windows did it everything all by itself.
Marco Savante

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelet wrote:
I have no gazing ball, thus I ignore why you have two Korg drivers installed. Usually just the latest one must reside within the operating system. Perhaps you installed a MIDI driver for M3 that worked also for MS2000, then came the one for Radias.
I wouldn't really worried to uninstall all the actual MIDI drivers your operating system contain. When I uninstalled all the drivers I had installed thanks to the Korg MIDI utility, I uninstalled not only the korg ones but all the others, i.e. Webcam, scanner, USB Speakers, USB headphones for Skype chat and so on.
Then I reinstalled again the Korg driver and after a while Radias was recognized by the MIDI settings within the editor.
I really forgot to reinstall all the other drivers, but when I reconnected the USB peripherals, Windows did it everything all by itself.

Thank you again, michelet. This gives me more confidence to go ahead and uninstall and then reinstall the MIDI drivers. Hopefully that will make the Radias editor work. In the meantime, I still have the Radias editor working with my old Windows XP computer, and I have been using that with the Radias.

xcracerman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Windows 7 64 bit and Radias editor works fine.
Marco Savante

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xcracerman wrote:
I have Windows 7 64 bit and Radias editor works fine.

Thank you for your post, which is encouraging. If you have read this thread, you will see that I have an issue with two Korg USB-MIDI drivers showing as being installed. I'm not sure if that is a problem or not. I have still not resolved the issue of the Radias editor not working on my Windows 7, 64 bit computer. Instead I have continued to use the Radias editor with my old Windows XP computer and that works fine.

I am interested to know what the status of the Korg USB-MIDI drivers is on your Windows 7 system. You can find out by running the Korg Uninstall Utility, without actually uninstalling any of the drivers. Could you please let me know what Korg USB-MIDI driver or drivers you have installed, and in what positions? This information is provided by the uninstall utility which comes with the USB-MIDI driver package from Korg.

Thank you,
Savante

xcracerman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I do not want nothing left to uninstall. But I had problems with the installation a lot in the beginning. Only after a few times installing and uninstalling the driver began to work okay.
Marco Savante

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xcracerman wrote:
But I do not want nothing left to uninstall. But I had problems with the installation a lot in the beginning. Only after a few times installing and uninstalling the driver began to work okay.

The uninstall utility will show your driver installation without uninstalling anything or making any changes to your system -- unless you specifically instruct it to. Then I would at least be able to know what is working for you, and it won't affect your currently working setup in any way.
Thanks.

Realson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco Savante wrote:
xcracerman wrote:

The uninstall utility will show your driver installation without uninstalling anything or making any changes to your system -- unless you specifically instruct it to. Then I would at least be able to know what is working for you, and it won't affect your currently working setup in any way.
Thanks.

Please help me

I installed the usb-midi drivers for windows 10 64bit

I have this problem, when cubase is open, the Radias Sound Editor does not work.

it seems that the midi ports are occupied by cubase, so it does not let me edit the tool when cubase is open before the Radias editor. and if instead I open the Radias editor first, cubase does not see Radias midi ports.

first with the seven 32bit I had no problem I opened cubase, at a later time Radias Sound Editor and I could change the sounds, now I can not do it anymore, it's like you can use the drivers only once. so one excludes the other.

below I inserted the link to see if the configurations are right, thank you very much!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4hhbm730te40kq/radias.png?dl=0
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You may try this using another tool than Cubase, to rule out the driver or editor.

I have also Win10/64bit and the same Korg USB driver version. I use the microKorgXL editor and MidiOx and both run in parallel. Well, data from the board is sent to both applications. Which is kind of strange but logical. The way to prevent that is application exclusivity as it looks like in your case...

Ciao
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: