Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did Korg ever release expansion sound libraries for Kross 2?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moontom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject: ah the joys of hearing from Korg! Reply with quote

I've sent several emails on the mythic "expansion libraries" of the Kross 2 to KorgUSA. nobody responded until today.

they say the only additional content for Kross 2 is the Kross 1 bonus library mentioned earlier in this thread.

they close with this bit of help: "If there is any new content available in the future information will be posted on Korg.com."

To which I want to say: "Robot! the Korg site has featured a mention of expansion libraries for 18 months now!"

Korg is actively trying to lose loyal customers here!
50cal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also received and email recently from Korg in regard to expansion sounds and was also told at this moment there are none. What I would be interested in is the sounds that customers from other countries receive such as the Indian version.
lidserter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: ah the joys of hearing from Korg! Reply with quote

moontom wrote:
the only additional content for Kross 2 is the Kross 1 bonus library mentioned earlier in this thread

Does somebody tried this? There are 4 pcg files for Kross 1, do they work for Kross 2? I didn't knew that...
Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
moontom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject: heard back.... Reply with quote

from Korg US on the Kross 2 expansion.

the rep said they asked Korg corporate if there was a timetable or any info -- what came back was a flat no.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is par for the course.

It took Korg 16 months to release updated software for the PA1000/700 keyboards so they could use the Korg editing software.
moontom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject: the Neon Colors Edition Reply with quote

is anyone else bugged that the "Limited Ed. Neon Colors" Kross 2 has additional waveforms/programs/drum tracks not on the Kross 2?

especially given the "false advertising" assertion on Korg's website that says expansion libraries will be available following the release of Kross 2.
and the added programs address serious weaknesses in the panel sounds of the Kross 2 -- especially re Electric Pianos.

clearly nobody at Korg USA seems to know much about such expansions, or if they are even in the pipeline....the least they could do is make the latest material bundled on the Color editions available to all Kross 2 owners.

I sent a note asking Korg to do that....I'll share what (if anything) comes back.

yes I know I'm a dreamer.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: the Neon Colors Edition Reply with quote

moontom wrote:
is anyone else bugged that the "Limited Ed. Neon Colors" Kross 2 has additional waveforms/programs/drum tracks not on the Kross 2?

especially given the "false advertising" assertion on Korg's website that says expansion libraries will be available following the release of Kross 2.
and the added programs address serious weaknesses in the panel sounds of the Kross 2 -- especially re Electric Pianos.

clearly nobody at Korg USA seems to know much about such expansions, or if they are even in the pipeline....the least they could do is make the latest material bundled on the Color editions available to all Kross 2 owners.

I sent a note asking Korg to do that....I'll share what (if anything) comes back.

yes I know I'm a dreamer.

Totally agree with you its very poor customer service not only for those of us who have bought one and also to those who are considering one.

If I was in the market for a keyboard I certainly look to see what is available to install extra content and with Zero being available so long after the release.

As it was it was a close call between me buying the Kross 2 and a Roland Juno DS for which there are masses of patches available to install, I bought very soon after its release and the content of the website was a factor.
moontom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Korg sees that above post Biggles!

and I hope anyone who cares about Kross 2 as an ongoing project/instrument will let Korg know their displeasure.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moontom wrote:
I hope Korg sees that above post Biggles!

and I hope anyone who cares about Kross 2 as an ongoing project/instrument will let Korg know their displeasure.

Many thanks for the comment.

One thing for sure is that the UK Korg reps will soon be made aware of the displeasure felt in the Korg forum
lidserter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kinda pissed off too... One of the reason for choosing Kross 2 over other options was just the expansion plus... I hope they release at least the neon content for all users.
Also, as a new future user, if I want a Kross that doesn't look like a LOOK AT ME! toy i would pass on the immediate purchase, waiting for the release of neon samples, this is income loss for korg and should be addressed
Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
moontom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject: because... Reply with quote

because I'm nearly at the end of my patience on this, I asked Korg nicely one more time. here's what came back:

Unfortunately, we do not have any further information at this time when the Kross 2 Expansion Libraries will be available or if the additional piano, electric piano sounds, synth and drum sounds PCM that is in the Kross 2 neons will be available for purchase for original Kross and Kross 2 customers.

Best regards,

Product Support

Korg USA, Inc.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I queried this with the two UK Korg Reps during todays Korg Webinar and they looked agast and said content was available.

Damned if any search results leads me to anywhere on a Korg site that has them.

Time to email them
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got an email back from Korg support that was just a link to the old Kross content.

So they now have another eMail pointing out the error if their ways.

Almost makes me wish that I had bought a Juno DS.
moontom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That’s almost comical!

Looks like Korg is becoming robotic!
lidserter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to another email! Would you Biggles?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: